Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let it all out, rant thread
(11-17-2023, 03:57 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Take the source for what it is worth, but I think the play on the field and our drafting backs up the numbers. Bengals just don't draft or sign athletic linemen and it comes back to bite them, as it has done for the past several years.

That is eye opening. Just spitballing here, but they took two gambles on athletic linemen in Ogbuehi and Fisher. We saw how that turned out. Reckon Duke has gotten gun-shy from that debacle?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: That is eye opening. Just spitballing here, but they took two gambles on athletic linemen in Ogbuehi and Fisher. We saw how that turned out. Reckon Duke has gotten gun-shy from that debacle?

From what I remember, at least for Ogbuehi, that he was injured when they drafted him and injuries really derailed his time here. So he was athletic but fragile in the injury department. But my memory could be wrong there. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Well guys it's time for some pain.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:36 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: That is eye opening. Just spitballing here, but they took two gambles on athletic linemen in Ogbuehi and Fisher. We saw how that turned out. Reckon Duke has gotten gun-shy from that debacle?

I think they got Karras Cappa and Brown for good deals because they are so unathletic, and other teams know it

Ya know, good value pick ups

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:38 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: From what I remember, at least for Ogbuehi, that he was injured when they drafted him and injuries really derailed his time here. So he was athletic but fragile in the injury department. But my memory could be wrong there. 

You're right, he was hurt when we drafted him. He just never panned out when he healed, here or elsewhere. I'm for the athletic types, I was just wondering if it hasn't effected Duke's thoughts.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:40 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Well guys it's time for some pain.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ouch. Welp, time to start talking draft. Have they disclosed what the injury is?

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ouch. Welp, time to start talking draft. Have they disclosed what the injury is?

Torn ligament I think. Damn. 

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:46 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Torn ligament I think. Damn. 

Shit.

Reply/Quote
Yep, torn ligament.

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Bengals have a tough schedule too...top 10 draft pick? Brock Bowers' destined to wear stripes.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hate to see Joe go through another major injury.

I look forward to the day when he & our Bengals have things go their way.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals have a tough schedule too...top 10 draft pick? Brock Bowers' destined to wear stripes.

What about the again terrible OL? It’s going to be the same mistake they made with the Chase / Sewell debate. FIX THE DAMN OL ALREADY! Everyone said this would happen if he came to the Bengals and so far they are ruining his career
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:57 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: What about the again terrible OL? It’s going to be the same mistake they made with the Chase / Sewell debate. FIX THE DAMN OL ALREADY! Everyone said this would happen if he came to the Bengals and so far they are ruining his career

I plan on stoking this fire as much as possible this off season LoL!
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Line coach needs fired and we need 2 new lineman this offseason because we aren’t resigning Jonah and Cordell is pure ass
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I won't watch a single game next year, if Stank Pollack is retained as OLine coach and the Bengals do little to finally, truly fix it and the running game.

Not sure if this is a rant or if I'm for real. I tend to stubbornly stick to my guns when I'm at my last straw on a particular topic, sometimes out of pure apathy. I would make a REALLY good Sith.
Reply/Quote
We need not only a o-line coach but an offensive coordinator who appreciates the run game. Taylor needs to give up calling plays or get fired. He is horrible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:43 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: We need not only a o-line coach but an offensive coordinator who appreciates the run game.  Taylor needs to give up calling plays or get fired.  He is horrible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any and all accountability was just washed away with the Burrow injury. Nevermind the beginning of the season screw-ups. They will say a hurt Burrow was the cause of all things poor, and biggie, biggie give me one more chance. Hope I'm wrong.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote