Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Complain About Netflix
(05-11-2021, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1.) right now the "pandemic" has made filming things a nightmare....   

2.) you also have to consider actors schedules and things.

3.) but i am a patient person.. Just waiting for my Book 6

1.) I used the production times of each show pre-pandemic.   Covid had nothing to do with the examples I used.  This isn't a new problem.

2.) Actors schedules have always been an issue.  Networks seem to work around them just fine, and are able to produce content on an annual schedule.

3.) I understand the need for patience.  But where your example (a book) differs from mine (a streaming service) is that I'm actually paying in between releases.  Would you be as patient had you been incurring monthly fees in between books?

Fwiw, I'm really not trying to make a mountain out of molehill here.  There's worse things, and I'm not exactly getting worked up about this.  But I do think it's a legitimate gripe.

I've had a Netflix account for, I don't know, like 10 years now.  I pay month after month after month.  Yet there is very little I can find to watch.  And the few things that I do enjoy it seems I have to wait forever for them to produce more content. 

Like I said, I just don't think it should be that hard to release a season of a show every 12 or so months, especially with shortened seasons.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 12:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Like I said, I just don't think it should be that hard to release a season of a show every 12 or so months, especially with shortened seasons.

Im sure they would if they could... They might be stretching themselves to thin..  Something like 55 new movies/seasons this year or something like that
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 06:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good to know. No reason to proceed with the show. Thanks for keeping me from becoming a dead man watching.

You watch up to season 6 then stop.

The other shows I never watched too much of. I liked s1 of Fear the Walking Dead, but never continued it.

I know actor's schedules was a major nightmare for finishing Better Call Saul
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 03:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You watch up to season 6 then stop.

The other shows I never watched too much of. I liked s1 of Fear the Walking Dead, but never continued it.

Fear got better when they killed off a certain character for me.

it was definately lacking in characters though and why they brought Morgan over.

Tried to watch the newest one.   (but it is really bad)  but these arent netflix really (well i guess the older seasons might be on there)

I have a love hate relationship with being able to binge watch Shows like this.     Its nice in the fact you can just continue the story without much wait.  But then it kinda losses its effect. there isnt a week of suspense and thought/ converstion.   and you less likely to retain everything the more you watch at once.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 03:26 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: You watch up to season 6 then stop.

I went back and looked at season 6.

The Alexandria safe zone was okay, but damn that's when they met Hilltop late in the season.

The show slid downhill definitely from there on.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fear got better when they killed off a certain character for me.

it was definately lacking in characters though and why they brought Morgan over.

Tried to watch the newest one.   (but it is really bad)  but these arent netflix really (well i guess the older seasons might be on there)

I have a love hate relationship with being able to binge watch Shows like this.     Its nice in the fact you can just continue the story without much wait.  But then it kinda losses its effect. there isnt a week of suspense and thought/ converstion.   and you less likely to retain everything the more you watch at once.
Morgan was the death knell for that show.  His character killed it.  At least for me.

I don't know which character your referring to...  but yes there were actually one or two that were annoying AF and they killed them off.

That's what I liked about Fear.  They shockingly removed characters that would have been kept around on the original Walking.

Anyway it's all opinion but I got sick of the cycle, rinse, repeat that those shows were churning.

How many times can we watch Rick & Morgan try to decided if they're gonna be bad ass or passive?  It's quite maddening.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I keep a subscription for Netflix off and on. The good thing about it is that you can unsubscribe and they will keep your profile, view history, watch list etc for I think up to 10 months. So when they don't offer much I want to watch I just end my subscription. Then if I see that they added new episodes or movies I want to watch I renew it. So I am not paying every month for times when they don't offer anything I want to watch. Then when they do I can sort of binge watch everything and then cancel when I am done until they add more.

Recently it seems they have gotten more in to those true crime documentaries. Some of them I like okay but it seems like they are investing a lot into that instead of movies or original fictional series. I did recently watch The Serpent. It is a dramatized version of a true crime story and I enjoyed that to the point I binged watched it. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fear got better when they killed off a certain character for me.

Morgan was the crappiest moral compass character. I was trying to watch the entire series to get ready for the final season (I think?) because I had heard the last 2 seasons were so much better. Got right back to season 7 and I'm so damn bored again. I can't even push myself to get back to the Negan intro where I originally quit watching the show.

My favorites were Dale --> Herschel --> then like half a season of Tyreese who they finally decided to actually develop and put into the moral compass spot just to get rid of him literally as soon as he got any amount of interesting. The fact that they never completely replaced Herschel's character with anyone nearly as decent is what ultimately killed it for me. Pacifist Morgan was just excruciatingly awful to me and no amount of Daryl and Carol made up for it.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 03:27 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Morgan was the crappiest moral compass character. I was trying to watch the entire series to get ready for the final season (I think?) because I had heard the last 2 seasons were so much better. Got right back to season 7 and I'm so damn bored again. I can't even push myself to get back to the Negan intro where I originally quit watching the show.

My favorites were Dale --> Herschel --> then like half a season of Tyreese who they finally decided to actually develop and put into the moral compass spot just to get rid of him literally as soon as he got any amount of interesting. The fact that they never completely replaced Herschel's character with anyone nearly as decent is what ultimately killed it for me. Pacifist Morgan was just excruciatingly awful to me and no amount of Daryl and Carol made up for it.

Negan is the best Character and thing to happen to the walking dead in a long time and the only reason i still watch
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 07:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Morgan was the death knell for that show.  His character killed it.  At least for me.

I don't know which character your referring to...  but yes there were actually one or two that were annoying AF and they killed them off.

That's what I liked about Fear.  They shockingly removed characters that would have been kept around on the original Walking.

Anyway it's all opinion but I got sick of the cycle, rinse, repeat that those shows were churning.

How many times can we watch Rick & Morgan try to decided if they're gonna be bad ass or passive?  It's quite maddening.

i thought that morgan was going to be used to merge the two shows eventually but with the Regular Walking Dead ending soon  I guess that wont happen...

Morgan isnt a great character and i was really surprised to see him return actually.   And yeah his character like rick cant decide what they want to be.. (Which is why Negan is my favorite lol)

**** on a separate note. Watching Sons of Sam right now
Reply/Quote
I keep Netflix because it's included for "free" with my cell package.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 11:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I keep Netflix because it's included for "free" with my cell package.

is that T Mobile?  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is that T Mobile?  

Yes, I get a great deal with them, but their reception is terrible in rural KY. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hmm.. I just switched to Sprint this past year and they recently merged with T-Mobile. I wonder if I can get free Netflix now???
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 06:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Hmm.. I just switched to Sprint this past year and they recently merged with T-Mobile.  I wonder if I can get free Netflix now???

same i gotta go get my chip switch to a T mobile chip still at some point so ill have to ask...   its probly only for new customers lol  (freaking hate that)
Reply/Quote
So I have Jupiter’s Legacy #1. Naturally it ended up being more of an inhumans as opposed to a walking dead.
Reply/Quote
This is one of the downsides to living in the instant gratification internet era. Back in the day, those 25 episodes would've been spread out and viewed once per week. Now people binge watch a series in a day or two.

Even if Netflix produced more episodes at a faster rate, they could never keep up with people eye guzzling 4-5 episodes per day. Tbh, I miss when TV was an event. When you planned for an episode of your favorite show, or movie night, or a TV special.

None of us would want to give up the comforts we're now used to, but I do feel like life was better before everything became so instantly accessible. Not to make this conversation super deep.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 02:15 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is one of the downsides to living in the instant gratification internet era. Back in the day, those 25 episodes would've been spread out and viewed once per week. Now people binge watch a series in a day or two.

Even if Netflix produced more episodes at a faster rate, they could never keep up with people eye guzzling 4-5 episodes per day. Tbh, I miss when TV was an event. When you planned for an episode of your favorite show, or movie night, or a TV special.

None of us would want to give up the comforts we're now used to, but I do feel like life was better before everything became so instantly accessible. Not to make this conversation super deep.

This is the wrong. Network Programming is a schedule. 

Say you wanted to watch the now Cancelled CB Show "Arrow" this was a 20+ weekly episode season that always came out late November and played through Feburary with a couple week break in January. It was clockwork for almost a decade.

Netflix on the other hand might release every episode of a of a show at once but you could wait a year, 18 months, 2 years, or even 3 years before the next season comes out. 

The OP is complaining not about having to watch 1 episode a week but how long it takes before Netflix produces the next season which is completely random. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 03:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, you're not wrong.  I'm going to write them an angry letter. Wink

I see the frustrations here which is the reason i milk a show and try and watch only 1 episode per week....
Been waiting on Ozark , Mindhunter and Bodyguard but losing interest quickly. Ive heard good things about the Kingdom, I may check it out.
Bosch was a good 6 seasons to watch and I think that one is done.  

Good news on the Showtime front: Dexter coming back!   

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 11:28 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I see the frustrations here which is the reason i milk a show and try and watch only 1 episode per week....
Been waiting on Ozark , Mindhunter and Bodyguard but losing interest quickly. Ive heard good things about the Kingdom, I may check it out.
Bosch was a good 6 seasons to watch and I think that one is done.  

Good news on the Showtime front: Dexter coming back!   

I have some bad news for you.... Mindhunter is essentially done with.  The guy who runs it (David Fincher???) decided he wanted to do other projects so they released all of the actors from their contracts.  Why they didn't just get another showrunner is beyond me.

I suppose it could come back years down the line but it sounds like that's not very liklely.  Which is absolute BS because they did all the setup for the BTK Killer.  It sucks, was one of my favorite shows.

PS I really want to be excited for Dexter but I'm cautiously optimistic.  That last season was so damn bad.
Reply/Quote