Let's Go Steelers
We need to root for them this weekend.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How do i neg rep?

Never did it before. Mellow
Reply/Quote
My viewpoint is that the only team that is likely to stand in the way of the Steelers (as the past would show us) is the Patriots. If we don't want the Steelers to be running around trying to come up with a clever say to say they have 7 SB titles we NEED the Patriots to get the #1 seed and have the best shot at beating the Steelers in the AFC Championship game.

Both teams are 10-2, so the Steelers need to lose in order to make my dream of watching Steeler fans cry while I put on my Corey Dillon Patriots jersey a reality.
Reply/Quote
That.
Noise.

We have to win out and have a dozen other things happen to get in, so we're not getting in. Hope when the game is over Baltimore has won and they're scraping Piggy off the turf.

Go Pats.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My DNA will never allow me to root for those €%×+*

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We're not going to the playoffs so...

Absolutely, positively, undoubtedly F*CK NO
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 09:32 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: ****.
That.
Noise.

We have to win out and have a dozen other things happen to get in, so we're not getting in. Hope when the game is over Baltimore has won and they're scraping Piggy off the turf.

Go Pats.

That's the spirit!  They only need one more SB and Brady will have as many rings as those damn Steelers do in their entire history.  Hell, after they won in 2016 I saw some weak facebook smack from Steeler friends about how the Steelers' 6 is more than Brady's 5.  I'd say they're pretty nervous, eh?

Here's hoping.
Reply/Quote
Should have your jungle noise privileges revoked
Reply/Quote
Question for the OP. bfine, I can typically follow your logic on most things, but you're going to have to explain this one for me. Why should we be pulling for the Steelers? I mean, I put them in the same file as Univ. of Michigan, when it comes to my football rooting alliances. Every week I'm a fan of whomever plays the Steelers and also a fan of whomever is playing Michigan.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Screw rooting for Pittsburgh. Or New England. I'm rooting the departure of Marvin and ebenezer. Then I'll root for the Chargers or jags in the afc.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Question for the OP.  bfine, I can typically follow your logic on most things, but you're going to have to explain this one for me.  Why should we be pulling for the Steelers?  I mean, I put them in the same file as Univ. of Michigan, when it comes to my football rooting alliances.  Every week I'm a fan of whomever plays the Steelers and also a fan of whomever is playing Michigan.

It's because, unlike many here,  I like the Bengals more than I hate the Steelers. One of our only ways to sneak into the playoffs is for the Steelers to beat the Ravens this weekend

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Question for the OP.  bfine, I can typically follow your logic on most things, but you're going to have to explain this one for me.  Why should we be pulling for the Steelers?  I mean, I put them in the same file as Univ. of Michigan, when it comes to my football rooting alliances.  Every week I'm a fan of whomever plays the Steelers and also a fan of whomever is playing Michigan.

If Baltimore beats Pittsburgh, they're 8-5 with Cleveland, Indy and us on deck.  They could conceivably win out, and with TEN/JAX both on target for 10+ wins, there go our wildcard chances.  So, there is a certain logic to wanting PIT to win, it would delay our WC elimination for at least one more week, if nothing else.  Now, if it were week 16 and a Baltimore loss to PIT followed by loss to us would then give us the WC spot, then I could root for them.  Problem is, we are so far from a WC spot right now it would take the light from a WC spot six years to reach us. 

So, **** the Steelers, in other words.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because, unlike many here,  I like the Bengals more than I hate the Steelers. One of our only ways to sneak into the playoffs is for the Steelers to beat the Ravens this weekend

That playoff ship has sailed, I'm afraid.  Besides, would you really want to see this weak and meager Bengals team face yet, another beat down in the playoffs?  

Sure, we can argue all day about how the team has gotten better as the season has progressed.  However, going from dog crap to mediocre just isn't something that I'm all enthused about.  I'm almost to the point where I wouldn't care if they lost out, and improved their draft position a few spots.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's because, unlike many here,  I like the Bengals more than I hate the Steelers. One of our only ways to sneak into the playoffs is for the Steelers to beat the Ravens this weekend

*inserts Jim Mora “playoffs?” gif*

Reply/Quote
[Image: TUTmemn9KzG9rlwe7naJ1-M4dY73pdn05S25DHXk...mlOe-=h310][Image: 0000950_pittsburgh-steelers-12-logo-magnet.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 10:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That playoff ship has sailed, I'm afraid.  Besides, would you really want to see this weak and meager Bengals team face yet, another beat down in the playoffs?  

Sure, we can argue all day about how the team has gotten better as the season has progressed.  However, going from dog crap to mediocre just isn't something that I'm all enthused about.  I'm almost to the point where I wouldn't care if they lost out, and improved their draft position a few spots.

Of course I really want to see this Bengal team make the playoffs. Was that a trick question?

Reply/Quote
[Image: 603-Office-Space-quotes.png]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2017, 12:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 603-Office-Space-quotes.png]

The rest of that quote works here as well. 

"I believe you'd get your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man."

Rooting for the steelers is a solid reason to get your ass kicked.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'll never root for Pittsburgh and I believe that they're going to be gifted another super bowl win and I'm not the only one who thinks so..

From Brian Tuohy's http://www.thefixisin.net
Under the 2017 season update section 

Quote:So after Monday Night's debacle, I'm feeling much more confident in my "Steelers to the Super Bowl" prediction. A Week 13 high of 13 penalties (for 173 yards) were called against the home Bengals while the visiting Steelers racked up 7 for 66 yards on MNF. One of those 13 Bengals flags negated a 50 yard AJ Green touchdown while another set the Steelers up for the game-winning Antonio BrownTD. In short, the refs gave this game to Pittsburgh while coincides with my theory that the Steelers are being gifted this season.

During this same game -- and on that winning AB touchdown -- the Bengals were flagged for a helmet to helmet hit. Subsequently, Bengals George Iloka was suspended for one game. While it didn't appear intentional (arguably), I can live with the call and suspension.

+++...onto the" hit" by Gronk...+++
Somehow, no flag. But upon review, "Gronk" received a one game suspension as well. Fair? A football-ish play that leads to a helmet to helmet hit versus an intentional late hit that may (or may not) have been directed at an opponent's head. Which was more egregious? Which more deserved a flag and a suspension? Which was caused by a star and which was directed at a star? Hmmm.....

Now let's take a step back and try to understand how both "new" LA teams -- the Rams and Chargers -- are suddenly playoff contenders. There's only one thing you need to understand. As a city, LA fans only support winners. No one is attending either the Rams or Chargers' games. So, the powers that be in the NFL apparently decided, "We need to make these team contenders -- and fast!" And so, here we are.

The Rams have a #1 overall draft pick in QB Jared Goff (who is talented) coupled with stud RB Todd Gurley and a solid defensive supporting cast. That alone should win games and draw fans. Yet, the LA Coliseum remains about half full at best. How well does that bode for the new $1 billion stadium slated to replace it as a new home for the Rams? Not too well. But a probable divisional champ with a guaranteed home playoff game will help all that. And if a game here or there needs to be fudged, oh well. That's NFL football today.

The Chargers are in worse shape all around. An aging, semi-star QB in Phil Rivers, a stud RB in Melvin Gordon, and an above average defense led the Chargers to an 0-4 start. No one -- I mean no one -- was showing up for their games. The Chargers couldn't fill an American soccer stadium. They looked completely out of contention, especially as the Chiefs ran away with the division. Then, the Chiefs fell apart, the Chargers went 6-2, and now the AFC West is knotted up with the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders (hello, Las Vegas!) fighting for the title. Might not that help in selling a few tickets?

In fact, this is the time of season for the NFL to tighten everything up so more teams have more (mostly false) chances at making the playoffs. The Chargers and the AFC West are just one example.Thought the Cowboys were done? Not yet. The Packers without Aaron Rodgers? Still alive. The Bills, Ravens, Lions, and Falcons? Hope remains.With four games remaining in the regular season, only four teams are officially out of the playoffs -- the Bears, Browns, 49ers, and Giants. A happy accident, I'm sure
Nahhhh...couldn't possibly be fixed..not in a magillion grazillion pigtrillion years!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lol, we would need the Titans to lose out or the Chargers on top of winning out which is unlikely because if we don’t get beat by the Bears we will get stomped by the Vikings
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote