Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Pretend We Are Coaches
I'm hoping LaFell works out and will be rooting for that to happen.

However, in the event that he doesn't pan out, based upon the injury, and the semi-negative practice report, at West Carrollton HS, I read on Bengals website, and assuming Boyd continues on his path and steps into the #2 slot, behind Green, who do you see filling in Boyd's spot in the slot?

Burkhead, Wright, Tate, Core, Kumerow, Alford, someone else? Why?
Reply/Quote
Believe Tate will at first before yielding to Core, and even maybe Erickson some too if he makes roster.

Hopefully Lafell does get right though.

Need every man on deck at the WR position this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe Tate will at first before yielding to Core, and even maybe Erickson some too if he makes roster.

Hopefully Lafell does get right though.

Need every man on deck at the WR position this season.

Agree needing all WR hands on deck.  Not sure if Wright fits the bill for slot, but, something about him, provided he stays healthy, that makes me think we could see him as well.
Reply/Quote
Tate. Because that gives the ability to move Boyd from outside WR to slot as well.

Also, Tate isn't having a bad preseason at all in the receiver department. For some reason he's being left out. Sure, not having splash plays as a returner, but definitely has been a solid WR this preseason.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 02:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Tate. Because that gives the ability to move Boyd from outside WR to slot as well.

Also, Tate isn't having a bad preseason at all in the receiver department. For some reason he's being left out. Sure, not having splash plays as a returner, but definitely has been a solid WR this preseason.

has really been solid for us in the past when given a chance  minus the indy game 2014 as nothing worked for anyone that game...

So if Lafell cant go game 1.  (he will 99% most likely still be on the roster)   I would probly go with Them sticking tate on the outside and boyd in the slot.  

But really we move them around all over the field so any given play you could have any WR in the slot or on the outside.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 02:40 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Tate. Because that gives the ability to move Boyd from outside WR to slot as well.

This makes sense, after reading and reflecting.  I have watched all the home games from 2011 forward, on Game Pass, and, as a receiver, with AJ Green on the field at the same time, he looked pretty solid.

It's his returns that leave something to be desired.

Plus, bottom line, that's who the coaches would more than likely go to anyway.
Reply/Quote
It would be Tate at this point I believe - and he's been very reliable in camp.  But I think Wright makes the team and if he continues to progress like he was before he was injured I believe he might eventually be the one that replaces Tate.  He works well outside and gets good separation.
Reply/Quote
I think Tate would be your "#2" receiver with Boyd still being considered the slot receiver. Although o think the positions would be fluid and they would/will play everywhere.

Reply/Quote

Tate has had good preseasons before. Doesn't mean it translated into good regular seasons. Same with Hunt.

2015: 2 games, 5 catches/88 yards
2013: 3 games, 6 catches/87 yards/1 TD

(08-22-2016, 02:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: has really been solid for us in the past when given a chance  minus the indy game 2014 as nothing worked for anyone that game...

So if Lafell cant go game 1.  (he will 99% most likely still be on the roster)   I would probly go with Them sticking tate on the outside and boyd in the slot.  

But really we move them around all over the field so any given play you could have any WR in the slot or on the outside.

That's not true at all. He had a huge chance in 2014 to get a WR spot and flopped hard.

In 2014 he played 45.6% of the offensive snaps, with 4 starts. His production? 17 catches/193 yards/1 TD

Almost half of the offensive snaps and he had less than 200 yards. People remember the 1 long catch he'll make per year, and then forget the other 300 snaps where he can't separate/can't catch/or goes for like 7 yards.

There's a reason the Patriots spent a 3rd round pick on him and then cut him 2 years later. He's not a good WR. (Or a good returner, for that matter.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Core is the obvious choice for me, but I think the coaches will go with Tate...

I think that EVERYONE feels that way.. I hope we are all proven wrong lol
Reply/Quote
Let's pretend we are coaches...

No if we're playing make believe I'm pretending I'm the greatest qb of all time and I play for the bengals and I never throw an incomplete pass...oh and I also play defense, I'm the best CB in the league. I also star on the Reds when the bengals aren't playing and the Blue Jackets in the winter. I lead all of these teams to championships ever year and wipe my butt with $100 bills. And I am married to Kate Upton because all those games don't provide enough exercise for me Wink

Yeah I'm way better at make believe than you lol
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 01:20 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm hoping LaFell works out and will be rooting for that to happen.

However, in the event that he doesn't pan out, based upon the injury, and the semi-negative practice report, at West Carrollton HS, I read on Bengals website, and assuming Boyd continues on his path and steps into the #2 slot, behind Green, who do you see filling in Boyd's spot in the slot?

Burkhead, Wright, Tate, Core, Kumerow, Alford, someone else?  Why?

For the slot, it has to be Erickson.  He is the one with the most experience, albeit in college, working the middle of the field and finding the soft spot in zones.  He's reliable and will also help on special teams.  
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let's pretend we are coaches...

No if we're playing make believe I'm pretending I'm the greatest qb of all time and I play for the bengals and I never throw an incomplete pass...oh and I also play defense, I'm the best CB in the league. I also star on the Reds when the bengals aren't playing and the Blue Jackets in the winter. I lead all of these teams to championships ever year and wipe my butt with $100 bills. And I am married to Kate Upton because all those games don't provide enough exercise for me Wink

There's always one in every crowd!  Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:37 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Let's pretend we are coaches...

I pretend that after your amazing life played out, your perspective slowly zooms out to show you as your are now, not pretend you, and we find out it was all just a dream after you slipped on a banana peel and fell face first into a pile of dog poop, knocking yourself out and suffocating on said dog poop. Showing that all that life was just a final delusion that in reality was mere seconds.

Because my make believe Shyamalans the shit (pun 100% intended) out of your make believe.   Ninja

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nah, but seriously... I am with Green. Tate is going to be the answer from the Bengals coaching staff. Even if it isn't a good answer.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:48 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: For the slot, it has to be Erickson.  He is the one with the most experience, albeit in college, working the middle of the field and finding the soft spot in zones.  He's reliable and will also help on special teams.  

I am rooting for this guy to make the team, so don't get me wrong when I say this: Let's see what he does against the 1's before we put him ahead of those who actually have shown NFL 'reliability'. Show me that he can play against the best, and I'll volunteer to help Tate clean out his locker and give him a ride to the airport.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 05:27 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I am rooting for this guy to make the team, so don't get me wrong when I say this: Let's see what he does against the 1's before we put him ahead of those who actually have shown NFL 'reliability'. Show me that he can play against the best, and I'll volunteer to help Tate clean out his locker and give him a ride to the airport.

If that's going to happen, then it should take place Sunday night in Jacksonville.  If we don't see him, it may indicate that they aren't seriously considering him.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tate has had good preseasons before. Doesn't mean it translated into good regular seasons. Same with Hunt.

2015: 2 games, 5 catches/88 yards
2013: 3 games, 6 catches/87 yards/1 TD

Hunt has never really produced in the preseason.

And who else is having a good preseason? Erickson who looks good in the slot, limiting Boyd to being only outside?

Cody Core has looked decent in preseason as well, but he's also going against 3rd stringers and has a broken finger.

Who would YOU rather put in that spot? Because Tate has produced just as much as anyone this preseason. Except he's gone against 1st stringers compared to others on the bench.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 08:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hunt has never really produced in the preseason.

And who else is having a good preseason? Erickson who looks good in the slot, limiting Boyd to being only outside?

Cody Core has looked decent in preseason as well, but he's also going against 3rd stringers and has a broken finger.

Who would YOU rather put in that spot? Because Tate has produced just as much as anyone this preseason. Except he's gone against 1st stringers compared to others on the bench.

Huh?

In his three previous preseasons, he had 28 tackles, 6.0 sacks, and 1 FF in 11 partial games.

He's been a turd this preseason, but he's generally been pretty good in the past preseasons.

- - - -

I thought Core had a dislocated finger, when did it become broken?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 08:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Huh?

In his three previous preseasons, he had 28 tackles, 6.0 sacks, and 1 FF in 11 partial games.

He's been a turd this preseason, but he's generally been pretty good in the past preseasons.

- - - -

I thought Core had a dislocated finger, when did it become broken?

In the last 6 preseason games, Hunt has 9 tackles and 1 sack. In 2 of those 6 games, Hunt was held to zero tackles.

Also 3 of his 6 sacks came against the Colts final preseason game in 2014. He had a great game in that one. But outside of that game, literally has done little to nothing.

Outside of that game he had 4 tackles and 1 sack in 2014 preseason. He really hasn't been good in preseason outside of the Colts game.

Also you are correct, it is a dislocated finger. My mistake. I read one account when it happened that it was broken, but that was the day it happened. My fault.

Reply/Quote
Ooh, Ooh, I get to be Bobby Blue Eyes

[Image: 635894421690875430-AP-120427155995.jpg]
Reply/Quote