Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Start Driskel!
Laughing my f'n ass off over this dismal display of Bengals football skill.

I just had to put up a Driskel thread before someone else does. Of course, it wouldn't help to start Driskel because the coaches would still f it all up to hell and back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Do it.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter anymore, this season is a loss. I just want Vontaze to do something to get suspended so I can have some joy from this team lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It doesn't matter anymore, this season is a loss. I just want Vontaze to do something to get suspended so I can have some joy from this team lol.

Go out with a bang and knock Juju out in week 17!
Reply/Quote
Driskel did get more targets for our young WR Core Ross and Tate in one drive then Dalton did the entire game.
Reply/Quote
Vontaze should say to hell with this nonsense and go out in a blaze of glory. Make all the Steelers whining about him a reality. When they fine him he can tell Goodell to come and get it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Seriously it says a whole lot when i felt more confident with driskal in there compared to dalton at any point of the game i just thought Dalton was just bad today. His under throws to ross was just wtf moments. Driskal looked to have a better arm and speed. But the thing driskal would be missing is experience and reading defenses.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:11 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Seriously it says a whole lot when i felt more confident with driskal in there compared to dalton at any point of the game i just thought Dalton was just bad today. His under throws to ross was just wtf moments. Driskal looked to have a better arm and speed. But the thing driskal would be missing is experience and reading defenses.

He did run that read option pretty well though.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 06:45 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Driskel did get more targets for our young WR Core Ross and Tate in one drive then Dalton did the entire game.

That incompletion to Tate was a highlight of the game, sadly. 
Reply/Quote
Behold! Driskel to Tate... the connection of the future.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That incompletion to Tate was a highlight of the game, sadly. 
Incompletion or not we needed to get the young guys targets at the end of the first half the game was over. Dalton targets Mixon Boyd and Uzo all guys that are already doing well. And neglects to get our young guys targets in a blowout loss. Only thing that could of been worse is if Mixon Boyd or Uzo got injured in a game that was a for sure loss.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Incompletion or not we needed to get the young guys targets at the end of the first half the game was over. Dalton targets Mixon Boyd and Uzo all guys that are already doing well. And neglects to get our young guys targets in a blowout loss. Only thing that could of been worse is if Mixon Boyd or Uzo got injured in a game that was a for sure loss.

If they get open, they get targets. If they can't get open, no sense in targeting them. 

Forcing targets at a WR isn't going to make them better at getting open.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they get open, they get targets. If they can't get open, no sense in targeting them. 

How dare you blame a 7th round pick rookie WR when we have a veteran QB to blame.  Geez.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they get open, they get targets. If they can't get open, no sense in targeting them. 

Sometimes it is on Andy though. He missed a wide open Ross on the 4th and 13 in the 1st half.

I saw Ross running open on a crossing route at one point too, but that one our terrible Oline gave him no time.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Behold! Driskel to Tate... the connection of the future.

Coming soon to an XFL near you!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If they get open, they get targets. If they can't get open, no sense in targeting them. 

Like Driskel forced the 37 yarder to Ross. Dalton is gun shy from being coached by Marv for too long. Dalton was a gun slinger when he came out of college would throw it deep in a heartbeat and connect. He has been trashed by the coach gunslinger Andy is now checkdown Andy.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:54 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Like Driskel forced the 37 yarder to Ross. Dalton is gun shy from being coached by Marv for too long. Dalton was a gun slinger when he came out of college would throw it deep in a heartbeat and connect. He has been trashed by the coach gunslinger Andy is now checkdown Andy.

Maybe when we play the Steelers next we can let Driskell and Tate start the game and show Dalton how it's done.  Then once the game is a blowout Dalton can come in and hit Ross on a meaningless bomb against some 2nd string defenders.
Reply/Quote
Starting Driskell is just silly, but hopefully, we employ him similarly to the way NO employs #7. If the Saints can replace Brees for a few plays each week we can probably risk replacing Andy in the same fashion.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe when we play the Steelers next we can let Driskell and Tate start the game and show Dalton how it's done.  Then once the game is a blowout Dalton can come in and hit Ross on a meaningless bomb against some 2nd string defenders.
Second string or not it was tight coverage and the ball was not underthrown so much the WR didn't stand a chance at catching it. Defensive coaching has killed our downfield game.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sometimes it is on Andy though. He missed a wide open Ross on the 4th and 13 in the 1st half.

I saw Ross running open on a crossing route  at one point too, but that one our terrible Oline gave him no time.

Never said he doesn't miss. All QB's do. Dalton is a good enough QB that he won't make decent WR's look consistently bad though.

...and I stick by my assertion that we should never force feed the ball to any WR. Get open or get better players. Funny how fans change things up.

"Andy forces it too much" - "Andy doesn't force it enough". Meh.

(11-11-2018, 08:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Coming soon to an XFL near you!

Man, if Cincinnati gets an XFL team, it may be deuces for me. 

(11-11-2018, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Starting Driskell is just silly, but hopefully, we employ him similarly to the way NO employs #7. If the Saints can replace Brees for a few plays each week we can probably risk replacing Andy in the same fashion.

Driskell is very athletic. So sure...why not? We could sure use some wrinkles in this offense with Green/Eifert being out and scrubs in their place.
Reply/Quote