Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Start Driskel!
(11-11-2018, 10:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: It was talked about last year on rapien and goodberry podcast ( not this year yet ) , that you either need elite coaching or an elite qb ,possibly both like new england. I dont think we have either. And need to get atleast one. We had an elite qb at one time in carson, until his knee got hurt, marvin had a chance at a ring there but steelers had to be dirty.

Look at most of the best teams...

Brady/Belichick
Brees/Payton
Mahomes/Reid

All elite combos.

Then you have the teams where at least one or the other is elite...

Rodgers/McCarthy
Goff/McVay
Ben/Tomlin
Rivers/Lynn

So yeah, I’d say that’s spot on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:40 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: It was talked about last year on rapien and goodberry podcast ( not this year yet ) , that you either need elite coaching or an elite qb ,possibly both like new england. I dont think we have either. And need to get atleast one. We had an elite qb at one time in carson, until his knee got hurt, marvin had a chance at a ring there but steelers had to be dirty.

Carson Palmer had at least one elite year left in him after he was a 4-12 "has been" as a Bengal.  In 2015 two of the best QBs in the NFL were Palmer and Dalton.  Sure, Marvin didn't go from Favre to Rodgers, but lordy...17 years of decent QB play and we got what out of it?  Argh.
Reply/Quote
Driskell is a very good quarterback.He has very good pocket awareness,He throws on the run better than Andy, has a stronger arm than Andy.I’ve watched this guy throw many times,and he can really get the ball out fast and with a lot of speed.Also has excellent mechanics.He also plays fearless.Plain and simple,he is much more elusive than Andy.He is a better quarterback than Andy.Andy was in BAD ANDY mode today.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:20 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Driskell is a very good quarterback.He has very good pocket awareness,He throws on the run better than Andy, has a stronger arm than Andy.I’ve watched this guy throw many times,and he can really get the ball out fast and with a lot of speed.Also has excellent mechanics.He also plays fearless.Plain and simple,he is much more elusive than Andy.He is a better quarterback than Andy.Andy was in BAD ANDY mode today.
Ive heard quite a few say he could of been a big name coming out, seriously to me he looked more talented then andy today. Just idk how hed hold up all game,and he just dont got the name or look of a good qb. But from what i seen he can run and plus not a bad passer at all,he layed it perfect for ross. I wouldnt doubt if he ends up a good qb somewhere else. Hell that one qb won a game today for the bills and he looked bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While I completely understand what you're saying, this is how our fanbase has been since Day 1 with Andy Dalton. He's the ONLY QB in the NFL not allowed to have a bad game, throw an incomplete pass, turn the ball over or anything. Seriously, it seems as if some Bengals fans think he is the only QB in the League that has any of that happen.
Some of us has supported Dalton since he came into the NFL and are changing our minds now{yes it happens from time to time}. If we get an Offensive minded coach and he wants to let Dalton fight for the starting job I am ok with that. But Dalton will have an uphill battle since he has been coached by a Defensive coach for so many years.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 11:24 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Ive heard quite a few say he could of been a big name coming out, seriously to me he looked more talented then andy today. Just idk how hed hold up all game,and he just dont got the name or look of a good qb. But from what i seen he can run and plus not a bad passer at all,he layed it perfect for ross. I wouldnt doubt if he ends up a good qb somewhere else. Hell that one qb won a game today for the bills and he looked bad.

Matt Barkley, a guy who went from possible 1st round pick to getting props for winning a single game over Josh McCown and the hapless Jets.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look at most of the best teams...

Brady/Belichick
Brees/Payton
Mahomes/Reid

All elite combos.

Then you have the teams where at least one or the other is elite...

Rodgers/McCarthy
Goff/McVay
Ben/Tomlin
Rivers/Lynn

So yeah, I’d say that’s spot on.
Yep 
Reply/Quote