Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be honest
(11-12-2023, 06:39 PM)Housh Wrote: Win in Baltimore

How? Lamar Jackson is more dangerous than CJ Stroud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Can we stop Burrow  MVP talk

And the Who-Dey talk??
Reply/Quote
didn't deserve a dub and didn't get it...we looked like coslet's kittens on defense and the o-line is a joke.

pollack needs to GTFO!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: how can you say that about the offense and not mention the turnovers the defense caused?

they both played bad with some good flashes

those constant 3 and outs by the offense certainly didnt help this defense today

Eh, one was a fumbled snap, wasn't forced. One could've easily been an incomplete pass ruling, but Hendrickson did get that one pressure there. CTB made a great play. That said, the box score shows the defense was awful. Devin Singletary behind that patchwork oline goes off for his career high? The Texans have been a bad running team all year and they gashed Lous boys. They were awful, Texans up and down the field all day. Stroud puts up 350, Singletary 150, Brown 172.  The offense was slightly better. Burrow's two INTs deep in enemy territory didn't help matters when the offense did start back up in the 3rd quarter. The TD wasn't the only big drop Boyd had either...dropped a critical conversion earlier in the game with wide open field in front of him. He had a terrible game. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:51 PM)motoarch Wrote: Sucks but I'm not giving up on the season yet.  If this team can get into the playoffs they've proven they can make a run.

not without a pass rush. If we had one, Stroud wouldnt have lit us up on broken plays all day
Reply/Quote
Has it sunk in yet that the Bengals lost today to a MUCH better coached team?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Has it sunk in yet that the Bengals lost today to a MUCH better coached team?

I want to give Lou some slack for that abysmal defensive performance today. He said it would be a dark day if the Bengals lost their two safeties, Bell and Bates, and the front office didn't get either signed. And the tackling was atrocious today as well. Neither of those are his fault. And on top of that, Burrow was really off with those two bad interceptions, which is no one's fault but his own, or the two Boyd drops. Maybe Houston has a better coached team -- but let's see them get some playoff wins before we consider them to have the better coaches. 
Reply/Quote
They play up and down. It’s a 500 ball club. They are terrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:32 PM)Nepa Wrote: I want to give Lou some slack for that abysmal defensive performance today. He said it would be a dark day if the Bengals lost their two safeties, Bell and Bates, and the front office didn't get either signed. And the tackling was atrocious today as well. Neither of those are his fault. And on top of that, Burrow was really off with those two bad interceptions, which is no one's fault but his own, or the two Boyd drops. Maybe Houston has a better coached team -- but see them get some playoff wins before we consider them to have the better coaches. 

You give Lou slack. Would you give Taylor slack or is it his play calling? At some point you make someone else besides brown beat you.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:32 PM)Nepa Wrote: I want to give Lou some slack for that abysmal defensive performance today. He said it would be a dark day if the Bengals lost their two safeties, Bell and Bates, and the front office didn't get either signed. And the tackling was atrocious today as well. Neither of those are his fault. And on top of that, Burrow was really off with those two bad interceptions, which is no one's fault but his own, or the two Boyd drops. Maybe Houston has a better coached team -- but see them get some playoff wins before we consider them to have the better coaches. 

I’ll give you the second Int was bad. The first was a piss poor route by a non-pass catching TE that had zero ***** business running that route.

Sample running a seam pattern shows you that Taylor is all in when it comes to being absolutely clueless.

When this team wins it’s in spite of the ineptness across the board at the coaching position. When they lose it’s usually because of the ineptness at coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: They play up and down. It’s a 500 ball club. They are terrible.

It's November 12 and they are in the last place in their division. Hard to wrap my head around that.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:38 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’ll give you the second Int was bad.   The first was a piss poor route by a non-pass catching TE that had zero ***** business running that route.  

Sample running a seam pattern shows you that Taylor is all in when it comes to being absolutely clueless.  

When this team wins it’s in spite of the ineptness across the board at the coaching position.   When they lose it’s usually because of the ineptness at coaching.

He overthrew that ball....lol, wasn't a piss poor route. He also threw a bad ball to Trenton Irwin that was almost picked. He wasn't the 55 million dollar man out there today. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The defense today got put in some tough positions because the offense basically shut down for two entire quarters. It was so many 3 and outs that our defense was constantly out there. That being said they simply could not cover the Texans’ receivers for the vast majority of the game. Stroud was throwing to wide open guys for a great majority of the time.

And of course the Texans who haven’t run the ball or gotten QB pressure all year get exactly that in this game. It’s all a recipe for a very frustrating game we really needed to win.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:42 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He overthrew that ball....lol, wasn't a piss poor route. He also threw a bad ball to Trenton Irwin that was almost picked. He wasn't the 55 million dollar man out there today. 

Agree he overthrew it but that throw he made to Chase is exactly the kind of play that a 55 million dollar guy is supposed to make. Same to Boyd but it was dropped.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I'm not giving up on this season just yet. But if they miss the playoffs they can not enter the offseason with the same mindset as this last one if they want to win the Super Bowl.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I just don't get how the offense could come out looking so good, spreading the ball around on that first drive then absolutely disappear until they were down two scores. That shouldn't happen, at home, with the roster we have. Is Tee THAT big to this offense?! Is Hubbard THAT big for the defense? If not for Chase, who should have been limited with that back injury, turning it on in the second half, we don't score. It's maddening watching this offense disappear. And it's equally as maddening watching a WR torch your zones all day with no adjustments made to take him away and a suspect running game "get-right" to the tune of 120+ to ONE guy.

They have three days to get it right or we'll be visiting the draft section of the boards a little ahead of schedule.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:58 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I just don't get how the offense could come out looking so good, spreading the ball around on that first drive then absolutely disappear until they were down two scores. That shouldn't happen, at home, with the roster we have. Is Tee THAT big to this offense?! Is Hubbard THAT big for the defense? If not for Chase, who should have been limited with that back injury, turning it on in the second half, we don't score. It's maddening watching this offense disappear. And it's equally as maddening watching a WR torch your zones all day with no adjustments made to take him away and a suspect running game "get-right" to the tune of 120+ to ONE guy.

They have three days to get it right or we'll be visiting the draft section of the boards a little ahead of schedule.

I think if Chase was completely healthy with no sore back issue, he wouldve had 12 catches. This shouldve been one of thise games where Burrow just targeted Chase over and over

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think if Chase was completely healthy with no sore back issue, he wouldve had 12 catches. This shouldve been one of thise games where Burrow just targeted Chase over and over

That's kind of the thing. With no run game, we need elite wr play.

So if they let Tee go, they need a better rb.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's kind of the thing. With no run game, we need elite wr play.

So if they let Tee go, they need a better rb.

im aware. my main gripe with the offense is a lack of run game. And I've been preaching this since 2021

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:41 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ravens lost to the Browns. Not like they have a lot in the tank either. Just sad it couldn't have been a game for the division crown. Now it's just to stay relevant in the playoff standings 

I'm hoping that the physicality of that Browns game works to our advantage.  Unfortunately, the Bengals took a beating of their own.  
Reply/Quote