Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be honest
(11-12-2023, 06:44 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Don't think a loss Thursday does them in.

5-3 finish will give them a shot.

@Balt
Pitt
@Jax
Indy
Vikings
@Pitt
@KC
Clev

I think the Bengals will be sitting at 9-5 going into the last 3.

10-7 could possibly be enough for the 7 seed.  Problem is tie breakers.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:58 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I just don't get how the offense could come out looking so good, spreading the ball around on that first drive then absolutely disappear until they were down two scores. That shouldn't happen, at home, with the roster we have. Is Tee THAT big to this offense?! Is Hubbard THAT big for the defense? If not for Chase, who should have been limited with that back injury, turning it on in the second half, we don't score. It's maddening watching this offense disappear. And it's equally as maddening watching a WR torch your zones all day with no adjustments made to take him away and a suspect running game "get-right" to the tune of 120+ to ONE guy.

They have three days to get it right or we'll be visiting the draft section of the boards a little ahead of schedule.

They do it a lot.  The scripted plays are a well oiled machine, then the bottom drops out.  I mean really drops out.  Their second quarters are a dead zone.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Defense was trash today. Offense was trash a while, but good at times. Singletary had a career game. Coverage and pressure were both bad, and now Hendrickson is out. Burrow had two awful INTs. Tyler Boyd with a critical drop early, then drops the game winner. The offensive line wasn't very good today either.

You forgot  Burrow was bad with 2 critical ints 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's kind of the thing. With no run game, we need elite wr play.

So if they let Tee go, they need a better rb.

The offense has 3 receivers that are probably the best group in the league.  They have an elite quarterback.  They also have an offensive line that sometimes manages to be respectable, though today was not one of those times.  Other that that, they are hurting at some key spots.  They have no third down back.  They have a group of tight ends that might make up one first stringer if you could splice the positive attributes of all 3 together.  

I really hate where they are at running back.  Mixon isn't old, but he has some tread on the tires.  He's closer to done than not.  There's no promising young back waiting to step in, either.  Teams seem to just find dudes that can run all the time, but we have not.  Trayveon is whatever.  I guess the coaches like him.  I'm unsure of what he brings other than a dude that's been here awhile and ST.  They need a hungry back with young legs to wear down defenses.  An abundance of experience is probably not much of an advantage at the position.  
Reply/Quote
when will Lou's defense stop giving up so many yards, are we now last in the league in that stat
Reply/Quote
I've been a big Lou supporter but without Von and Bates......

Where is the production?
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Bengals were out coached today. Texans had them off balance on both sides of the ball most of the day.

Plus the Bengals went flat for a long period of time right after that dime Burrow threw to Trent for the TD. Then tried revving back up when it was nearly too late and ultimately did not get it done because of the lull.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think if Chase was completely healthy with no sore back issue, he wouldve had 12 catches. This shouldve been one of thise games where Burrow just targeted Chase over and over

When a 4th string TE that recently got called up off the PS gets more targets than Ja'Marr Chase, there's a problem.  This year has just had some mind blowingly strange games when it comes to targets, like the opener where Tee Higgins had 8 targets, but no catches.  It sometimes feels like we're more worried about getting guys some stats than winning the game.

This one felt like the Wildcard game Dalton's rookie year where we just decided not to throw to AJ by design and try to win with everyone else.  Then we finally start throwing to Chase and the offense heats up only for Burrow to force a boneheaded pick to a triple covered Boyd and then Boyd to finish it off with another of his classic choke job drops.  
Reply/Quote
As rough a game defense played it was in 4th quarter we had chances to score ponts and Burrow threw 2 ints when we were in position to score points.
Reply/Quote
we are ok if we face them again in playoff hope we adjust on offense and defense today Tee would have made a difference lets be honest
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: we are ok if we face them again in playoff hope we adjust on offense and defense today Tee would have made a difference lets be honest

If we are honest they had more quality players out than we did, they were better than us.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals played like their record indicates. An average team. People are just too hyped at times.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we are honest they had more quality players out than we did, they were better than us.

If we get Tee and Hubbard ill still take Bengals in rematch
Reply/Quote
We aren't winning in Baltimore and with only 1 win in the AFC in 10 games there is absolutely no way to make the playoffs. None. This was the season and it is officially over. Nothing left to see here.

This was never our year. You just can't keep starting 1-3 and think it won't catch up to you. There was no room for another loss in the AFC. Not with the north having the record they have.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Bengals played like their record indicates. An average team. People are just too hyped at times.

I think the hype was understandable in the offseason. But no one saw Joe’s calf injury coming and I certainly didn’t see it derailing the early part of our season to the extent it did. That’s tough to come back from to be sure but it’s not over yet.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You forgot  Burrow was bad with 2 critical ints 

Yes the picks were bad I will give you that. But his throw to Chase was one that almost nobody else could pull off. And the one to Boyd was right there but was just flat out dropped.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:51 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Agree he overthrew it but that throw he made to Chase is exactly the kind of play that a 55 million dollar guy is supposed to make. Same to Boyd but it was dropped.

Do you really trust the FO to change their mindset? They have Burrrow a trash OC and trash o-line coach. They thought that was good enough……
Reply/Quote
Where’s the “we’re fine” crowd?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:03 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: 10-7 could possibly be enough for the 7 seed.  Problem is tie breakers.

10 games in and we have 1 AFC win. I doubt we’d win many if any tie breakers.
Reply/Quote
We’re fine. We have a top tier offense line. Our tight ends are lighting it up. We do a hell of a lot of receiver screens. 3rd and 5 or more we love to throw the ball -2 yards. It is all working as planned.
Reply/Quote