Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's discuss player development or lack of under ZT
Anytime you have a franchise that has won only 4 games out of 32
Not only is the coaching a main culprit but so is
The development of a player at his position.
A coach told me one day at a coaching seminar
"You are either getting worse or better as a player"
That rings true at any level of atheletics.

The wins and losses and how this team is losing is reaching
New lows for this franchise.
The schemes are not working. The coaches are showing a
Lack of adjustments to adjustments.

Now back to my original thought process.
Constant losing means very simply more guys are
Either staying the same or regressing as players

When I mean getting better , I mean how many current players
Have really took their games to new levels?
How many players( starters) on this team can you say are top 10
At their position and how many are bottom 10?

I look at this roster. I see very very few that are improving
Year to year.
Look at all the contenders. They have more players ascending
Than desending.even the free agents they bring in are playing
The best football in their career.

I go.back to that 2005 Bengals team.
Chad and TJ were trending up. Bobbie Williams Eric Steinbach
And Levi Jones were progessing as players.
On defense new acquisitons like Tory James and Deltha
ONeal were playing out of their minds. Duane Clemons was hitting his stride. Guys in that rookie class every week was
Getting better like Thurman and Henry.
Who did Palmer go to on that 1st throw in that damn
Playoff loss to the Cowher.....a rookie.!!!

I LOOK AT ZAC 1st 2 drafts who in the HECK IS PLAYING
AT LIKE A MONSTER NOW??
Even Lewis last draft who is making his mark on the league?
Jesse Bates...thats it..Brandon Wilson is balling out as
A returner..Sam Hubbard is ok. But hes not a wrecking machine
At a position that demands it.

Im not seeing enough player development on this team in order
To turn these fortunes around
Reply/Quote
Yep. Guys regressed bad here.
Reply/Quote
The biggest growth is supposed to occur between the first and second year. Too often I see regression in the second year which is odd. Bates and Boyd regressed in their second year too but have excelled in third year and Boyd has continued. Linebackers have showed some promise as rookies but then stop improving (Vigil, Pratt, even Evans).

I agree with you --outside of the rookies, Bates and Brandon -- which player has surpassed expectations this year?
Reply/Quote
Our longsnapper has been amazing.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:02 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: The biggest growth is supposed to occur between the first and second year. Too often I see regression in the second year which is odd. Bates and Boyd regressed in their second year too but have excelled in third year and Boyd has continued. Linebackers have showed some promise as rookies but then stop improving (Vigil, Pratt, even Evans).

I agree with you --outside of the rookies, Bates and Brandon -- which player has surpassed expectations this year?

and to add to this...how many times have you watched other successful teams and see a guy making plays all over the field and say to yourself "where did this guy come from!?" ......and then come to find out either they were a low Draft Pick or a FA that they developed. Thats a big thing missing too. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:07 PM)kalibengal Wrote: and to add to this...how many times have you watched other successful teams and see a guy making plays all over the field and say to yourself "where did this guy come from!?" ......and then come to find out either they were a low Draft Pick or a FA that they developed. Thats a big thing missing too. 

I saw a couple weeks ago the Steelers had a middle LB named Robert Spillane take a INT to the house vs the Ravens.
Never heard of him. He replaced Devin Bush I think.
All these playoff teams have guys that step in and make plays 
Reply/Quote
I can deal with losing as long as I see overall the
Talent getting better and closing the gap on the
NORTH.
I dont under Zac. Im.waiting to.hear from the 2 Zac Taylor
Fans on.here how the talent is getting better.
Even the free agent pick ups regressed from their
Previous teams
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:02 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: The biggest growth is supposed to occur between the first and second year. Too often I see regression in the second year which is odd. Bates and Boyd regressed in their second year too but have excelled in third year and Boyd has continued. Linebackers have showed some promise as rookies but then stop improving (Vigil, Pratt, even Evans).

Tee Higgins... But I'm not crediting Taylor for that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 02:03 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I saw a couple weeks ago the Steelers had a middle LB named Robert Spillane take a INT to the house vs the Ravens.
Never heard of him. He replaced Devin Bush I think.
All these playoff teams have guys that step in and make plays 

The bottom line is you don't win 4.5 games over 2 years and have a bunch of players developing and playing great.

We sign guys like Reader and in our system they perform worse than their last team too.
Reply/Quote
Is this a haiku?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 12:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The development of a player at his position.
A coach told me one day at a coaching seminar
"You are either getting worse or better as a player"
That rings true at any level of atheletics.

Can you cite any specific examples under Zac Taylor that you would like to draw attention to?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 04:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Is this a haiku?

LOL...impressed someone on this board knows what a haiku is? We all aren’t dumb football junkies. We know poetry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample. It's all I got.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can you cite any specific examples under Zac Taylor that you would like to draw attention to?

Alex Redmond
Billy Price

Stanley Morgan

Sam Hubbard
Germaine Pratt

Akeem Davis Gaither
Darius Phillips
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 06:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Can you cite any specific examples under Zac Taylor that you would like to draw attention to?

Bates has exploded this year to become elite but I am not giving any credit to the coaching staff -- signs were there during his rookie year
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 07:26 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: LOL...impressed someone on this board knows what a haiku is?  We all aren’t dumb football junkies.  We know poetry

Sorry, wasn't trying to imply that. I'm just surprised.

Side note: this is the only poetic thing about this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 07:26 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: LOL...impressed someone on this board knows what a haiku is?  We all aren’t dumb football junkies.  We know poetry

That's misconception has always bothered me.  This board, and I'm sure plenty of other boards with plenty of other sports fans, are filled with people who have differing interests and talents beyond what you'd expect.

For example, I've been called "The Songbird of My Generation".
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 09:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That's misconception has always bothered me.  This board, and I'm sure plenty of other boards with plenty of other sports fans, are filled with people who have differing interests and talents beyond what you'd expect.

For example, I've been called "The Songbird of My Generation".

And I’m a world class drummer.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 07:32 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Alex Redmond
Billy Price

Stanley Morgan

Sam Hubbard
Germaine Pratt

Akeem Davis Gaither
Darius Phillips

See, 4 of those 6 weren't even drafted in the Zac Taylor administration.  I'm not trying to defend Zac, but I really think that the real problem lies with Ownership/Management.  And on behalf of your effort, the coaching staff that Zac attracted to support him hasn't done much to advance the skills of any of those players, and once again, that falls back onto team management.  Zac is a Novice, first time Head Coach, one that didn't have a proven track record of success at the NFL level.  

Zac Taylor hasn't failed this team, the Brown family General Management team has failed us, once again.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote