Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's play "New Head Coach"
Tell Mike Brown I want baker Mayfield any how we can get him ,then tell him I want some free agent lineman. Get rid of teams dead weight.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:10 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Tell Mike Brown I want baker Mayfield any how we can get him ,then tell him I want some free agent lineman. Get rid of teams dead weight.

Mayfield is a Manziel,Quinn, in the making. Nothing wrong with keeping Dalton, he's proven he can win in this league and put up good numbers. The only problem I have with Dalton is the amount of batted down or tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. The Bengals, and when I say Bengals I mean Mike Brown, needs to crack open his change purse and get some line help. The line has played better as of late, but they need to address the weak links. To me Mayfield would just be another wasted 1st round draft pick the Bengals could do without.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This sounds like fun. First, don't have to fire any of the coaches they are all on the last years of their deals, just don't
bring any back. I would make a push for more scouts like Wolf and whoever else is qualified.

Hire new aggressive Coaches that are young and eager and know how the game has changed. Coaches that can adapt.

Go to work immediately researching O-lineman for when FA happens. Plan to grab one of the top O-lineman early in FA.

Bring in faster Linebackers that can cover and stop the run, regardless of size.

Plan on more aggressive schemes on both sides of the ball, more directional blocking on Offense, more man to man on
Defense. Plan for the future in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Have a fall back plan in case our young guys don't
improve or our older players start to fall off.

Take injured players off our draft board. Concentrate on O-line, specifically Center early in the Draft, Billy Price would be
the guy i have an eye on and other top Centers. Need to get a top Center regardless of if we grab one in FA. Make a note
that Center will no longer be ignored. Smart, physical, technically sound lineman for our new line coach to work with.

Draft O-line early and often going into this season, need to do a Vikings rebuild here. We get the talented players once we
have the talented O-line, not the other way around. Talented Safety would be on my list early as well.

Trade AJM to the Browns for pick #33.

That would be a good start IMHO.
Nate, what the heck are you trying to do? Create a SB winning NFL team in Cincinnati? How dare you. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:04 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Fire the front office.

Can ... the head coach do that?  Nervous
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can ... the head coach do that?  Nervous

Mike Zimmer could.  It's been rumored that Zimmer once made Chuck Norris beat himself senseless with his own hand, whilst repeatedly asking him "Why are you hitting yourself?".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mike Zimmer could.  It's been rumored that Zimmer once made Chuck Norris beat himself senseless with his own hand, whilst repeatedly asking him "Why are you hitting yourself?".

Mike Zimmer was awesome! Remember the time he showed up at halftime and the Mud Dogs won the Bourbon Bowl?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:13 PM)Benton Wrote: 1. Identify whoever it is that's been looking for "steals" by drafting guys with significant injury concerns in the first.
2. Find that guy's office.
3. Slap that guy.
4. Find a new guy.

I believe that guy is Duke Tobin 
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I believe that guy is Duke Tobin 

A few years ago, we all thought that Tobin was the greatest.  He was putting together all of these "great drafts", it seemed as it the Bengals had an endless supply of talent coming in.  What happened?  Why is Tobin now appearing to be such a goat?

I have an idea, and it has nothing to do with the man picking the players in the draft.  What's happened is the good coaches and coordinators that were in charge of developing that talent, have all been plucked away to higher positions with other teams.

It's not Tobin's fault that the current coaching can't develop the talent.  Example, we lost Sanu and Jones to FA.  Team says "We need WRs", Tobin goes and selects 5 of them in the past two drafts.  They were all fantastic athletes in college, did they somehow forget how to run routes and catch footballs, once they became pros?  I don't think so.

The problem is that the coaching staff isn't getting these players developed to play.  I just used the WR situation as one example.  I think the same can be said for other positions as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A few years ago, we all thought that Tobin was the greatest.  He was putting together all of these "great drafts", it seemed as it the Bengals had an endless supply of talent coming in.  What happened?  Why is Tobin now appearing to be such a goat?

I have an idea, and it has nothing to do with the man picking the players in the draft.  What's happened is the good coaches and coordinators that were in charge of developing that talent, have all been plucked away to higher positions with other teams.

It's not Tobin's fault that the current coaching can't develop the talent.  Example, we lost Sanu and Jones to FA.  Team says "We need WRs", Tobin goes and selects 5 of them in the past two drafts.  They were all fantastic athletes in college, did they somehow forget how to run routes and catch footballs, once they became pros?  I don't think so.

The problem is that the coaching staff isn't getting these players developed to play.  I just used the WR situation as one example.  I think the same can be said for other positions as well.

This is what i believe. The draft is a crapshoot. In the end you have to coach these players up or play them.

You are not going to hit on every draft pick especially if you got a guy like PA in your ear who is terrible at judging
talent of O-lineman which is about as sad as he is terrible at coaching up run blocking over the years.

I kind of think Zamp must of hampered Urban cause Urban has been good for years in coaching up his WR's.

Guenther is definately in this too as is Coyle. I have no doubt that a player like Derron Smith would of done well here
with his skills if he was coached up and given a shot over Shawn Williams. His skillset is a lot like a guy we let go to
Oakland and we have not replaced yet.

Haslett has been sub-par with our Linebackers ever since he got here no surprise.

Burney is about the one guy besides Lazor that has done pretty well.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can ... the head coach do that?  Nervous

I would do that. And kick anyone in the nuts who would oppose me. I'm tired of this team underachieving and having the name dragged through the mud and being the butt of jokes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Hire Broco the gazer.. We need someone to do absolutely nothing except stare back pretending to heal the team..  https://youtu.be/yWWxnbDNSLI
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:26 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Mayfield is a Manziel,Quinn, in the making. Nothing wrong with keeping Dalton, he's proven he can win in this league and put up good numbers. The only problem I have with Dalton is the amount of batted down or tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. The Bengals, and when I say Bengals I mean Mike Brown, needs to crack open his change purse and get some line help. The line has played better as of late, but they need to address the weak links. To me Mayfield would just be another wasted 1st round draft pick the Bengals could do without.

Disagree on Mayfield, i think he might be special. Kind of rough comparing him to Browns QB's man.

Agree with you on Dalton, he is not the problem here. The culture, coaching and O-line are.

(12-08-2017, 06:28 PM)Derrick Wrote: Nate, what the heck are you trying to do? Create a SB winning NFL team in Cincinnati? How dare you. ThumbsUp

My bad. Cool
Reply/Quote
It's simple:

1. Hire an offensive coordinator that is capable of creating matchup problems for our playmakers.
2. Make a decision on who is going to be the QB for this team.
a. IF it's Dalton, draft Quentin Nelson in round 1
b. Trade McCarron to the Browns for a 2nd
c. Use 2nd round pick and others to move up to get Billy Price
d. If it's not Dalton, trade McCarron to the Browns for the #1 overall pick (swap spots) and select QB of choice (mine would be Rosen.
e. Select Billy Price
Reply/Quote
1) cut Kirkpatrick
2) cut Hill, just because **** him.
3) move Paul Fat Alexander to DC, then immediately fire him.
4) smack the shit out of whoever decided to put Derron Smith on the practice squad.
5) trade Mccarron for kirkpatrick, so I can turn around and cut him again.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:26 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Mayfield is a Manziel,Quinn, in the making. Nothing wrong with keeping Dalton, he's proven he can win in this league and put up good numbers. The only problem I have with Dalton is the amount of batted down or tipped balls at the line of scrimmage. The Bengals, and when I say Bengals I mean Mike Brown, needs to crack open his change purse and get some line help. The line has played better as of late, but they need to address the weak links. To me Mayfield would just be another wasted 1st round draft pick the Bengals could do without.

He has not proven really he can win ,when it matters most . A lot of people will say Mayfield is the next Johnny manziel because he's short white and can scramble. But besides height baker Mayfield has everything else you want in a qb . He is not manziel,manziel was a spoiled drug addict alcoholic who didn't want to be a pro. Also ask Carl Lawson who the best qb he's ever faced and he will tell you manziel was,said he was a magician. We can get a new coach in here and I will take thast,but I'm still not sold on Dalton being the man for the job I just aint.
Reply/Quote
O line
Reply/Quote
If I am put as HC right now? Fire Paul Alexander.
If I am put as HC during the offseason? Signing offensive lineman. Would go hard after Nate Solder.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Cut PacMan and Michael Johnson and any other aging veterans
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Fire everybody from the top down to entry level! Then start over from scratch!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 06:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I believe that guy is Duke Tobin 

(12-08-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A few years ago, we all thought that Tobin was the greatest.  He was putting together all of these "great drafts", it seemed as it the Bengals had an endless supply of talent coming in.  What happened?  Why is Tobin now appearing to be such a goat?

Alll the praise back then and all the criticism now shouldn’t be lumped on Tobin. From what I’ve read, he’s only part of the equation as far as drafting goes. Some of the fault is probably his, but a lot of it is, as sunset is saying, on the coordinators.

I was being sarcastic, but overall I think there’s a problem to our recent draft approach where we’re trying to outsmart other teams and picking guys who are likely going to be delayed years because of injury. Ross is a good example. His preseason and season injury pretty much nullified his rookie progression. So knock that year off. If next season he’s healthy and produces like a rookie would, then he might fill a hole or two on some downs. At best, it’ll be the season after before he’s able to really produce like a starter.
Reply/Quote