Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's take a minute and acknowledge this
Respect must be given. It's real folks, he's a player.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25403188/more-proof-that-andy-dalton-is-one-of-the-nfls-best-quarterbacks

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:18 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Respect must be given. It's real folks, he's a player.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25403188/more-proof-that-andy-dalton-is-one-of-the-nfls-best-quarterbacks

He also now has the most road victories by an NFL QB in his first 5 seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He also now has the most road victories by an NFL QB in his first 5 seasons.

Yes sir.... Where is  "toast jones"  and "corner blitz"  now?

They'll only resurface IF we lose in the playoffs, I'm sure. 

Reply/Quote
If I am thinking right, today was his 50th win.....
Reply/Quote
It really is unfortunate that nobody cares about this. Andy is taken for granted. He is balling and nobody cares. Sad.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If I am thinking right, today was his 50th win.....

You are doing the correct math, sir!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 10:31 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It really is unfortunate that nobody cares about this.  Andy is taken for granted. He is balling and nobody cares. Sad.

Point well made. Just look at the thresholds he's crossing this year, and one would think he'd be in a lot more positive conversations regarding successful QBs. It's the lay of the land however, when it comes to what defines success. When the post season wins start happening for him, then I suspect we'll be reading more about his 'better qualities'. Not enough enjoy the weekly process of regular season; it has to be all or nothing. Pity.

Damned fine game today btw.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
And if anyone wagered that Dalton would have the top passer rating in the league at week 13, collect your money!
Reply/Quote
All the nagging doubts i've had, he's putting to rest one by one. Awesome season.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 10:31 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: It really is unfortunate that nobody cares about this.  Andy is taken for granted. He is balling and nobody cares. Sad.

Andy is proving doubters wrong. But, for better or worse, until he gets over the playoff hump, people will continue to criticize him.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 12:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Andy is proving doubters wrong. But, for better or worse, until he gets over the playoff hump, people will continue to criticize him.

Criticism is expected and I get it. Hell,  I've been critical of him at times.... But for people to avoid this like it doesn't matter boggles my mind. 

Reply/Quote
Anyone that is still wondering if Andy Dalton has what it takes to lead the team, should likely just sit back and be quiet now..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 12:03 AM)Benton Wrote: Andy is proving doubters wrong. But, for better or worse, until he gets over the playoff hump, people will continue to criticize him.

Andy is having a great season, and playing better than I ever thought he was capable of. However, I'd argue that much of the past criticism was warranted, and if he tanks in the playoffs the spectacular regular season will be largely meaningless.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:25 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yes sir.... Where is  "toast jones"  and "corner blitz"  now?

They'll only resurface IF we lose in the playoffs, I'm sure. 

This is not accurate.

Both have stated at times this year they are on board the Dalton train based on things shown this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:52 AM)Junglejuice Wrote: This is not accurate.

Both have stated at times this year they are on board the Dalton train based on things shown this year.

That's right....there were only a couple that showed up during the two losses....weren't around much before...and aren't here now.  Toast and Corner have been supportive.

However, otherwise...I agree with OP.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It seems kinda unfair that the playoffs are an excuse not to give proper credit to Dalton for the year he is having. Palmer sports an 0-2 playoff record in his 13th season and the media is slobbering on him.

If you want to slam Dalton for choking in the playoffs (when we get to that point), I'd get it. But the season Dalton is having is f'ing epic and worthy of praise. Using the playoffs as excuse not to acknowledge his possible ascension to elite status is just a lame way for people to keep from admitting they were probably wrong about the dude.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is having a spectacular year. I certainly have enjoyed every game in which we've won. This team in general is a joy to watch...but and yes there is a BUT we have to win in the playoffs for all this to actually be meaningful. You have a year like this and the Bengals lose in the playoffs and the thing we will remember most about this season is that we choked yet again in the playoffs.

I don't want to think about the playoffs at this point but since others brought it up I thought I'd throw my 2 cents.

As far as being wrong about the dude.....yes I was wrong about him entirely if he continues to play like this. I have no issue admitting that.
Reply/Quote
Lest we forget our playoff problems were not exclusively Andy and indeed last year he literally had no one to throw to and even worse Hill was basically out the second half of that game too. the only year we went into a playoff game and actually had offensive weapons not named AJ Green was 2013, which was arguably a whole team implosion.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 04:41 AM)Joelist Wrote: Lest we forget our playoff problems were not exclusively Andy and indeed last year he literally had no one to throw to and even worse Hill was basically out the second half of that game too. the only year we went into a playoff game and actually had offensive weapons not named AJ Green was 2013, which was arguably a whole team implosion.

That is clearly true.  However Andy is also getting recognized as having the most road wins in his first five years.  So he gets the good with the bad. 
Reply/Quote
It should measure "first five years starting" not in the league.

Because there are multiple great QBs who did not start a full season in their rookie years, including Rodgers, Palmer, Brady, Brees, Rivers and Eli Manning. And that's just talking about QBs off the top of my head that are playing today. I'm sure several of the all time greats did not play in their rookie years either.

Would it still be so exclusive if they did expand it to first 5 years starting, rather than first 5 years in the league?
Reply/Quote