Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Let's talk about Burrow
(12-13-2021, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In the GameDay thread, the usual Burrow vs Herbert crap popped up again. Please don't turn this thread into that again. Also, maybe keep the doom-and-gloom into the other threads, if possible, thanks.

But, how about those throws on the game tying drive. Dear Lord, those were beauties. On at least 2 of them, I remember a defender within millimeters of knocking the ball out of his hand and Burrow not only got the pass off but was dropping dimes like Phillips dropping balls.

If you didn't think Burrow had an elite level ceiling, you HAVE to think that now after that. Oh man, I need to change my underwear after thinking about those passes again. Mellow

Burrow is a great young QB.  That said, somebody seriously needs to break him of that spin move crap in the pocket.  If you have time to spin, you have time to get the ball out.  Turning your back to your receivers forces you to have to refocus and find your guys again when you get your head back around.  That means the OL has to hold up even longer when they're already in trouble.  

Dude needs to play more like Drew Brees and less like Ben Roethlisberger(in his prime).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy, but I honestly think Burrow has been underrated by a lot of people this year. What he is doing, especially with a banged up pinky, being sacked the amount of times he has been, and behind this offensive line...its kind of incredible.

I REALLY hope they get some more capable bodies to put in front of him going into next year because if/when he gets more time in a clean pocket, its absolutely game over.

I still don't think we've seen his ceiling yet which is crazy to think about. I can't wait to see what he ends up delivering by the time his playing career is over.

He's so good, I catch myself expecting perfection out of him....  I forget it's only year 2...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In the GameDay thread…

You usually can’t tell what’s higher, the IQ of those in the game day thread, or the number of beers they’ve consumed.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:07 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: You usually can’t tell what’s higher, the IQ of those in the game day thread, or the number of beers they’ve consumed.

This is a person who just reads and doesn't participate, holier than thou lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:07 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: You usually can’t tell what’s higher, the IQ of those in the game day thread, or the number of beers they’ve consumed.

I'll drink to that!  Hilarious  Sarcasm Just kidding, I do not drink and only occasionally go into GameDay threads always AFTER the game is over.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:09 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'll drink to that!  Hilarious  Sarcasm Just kidding, I do not drink and only occasionally go into GameDay threads always AFTER the game is over.

It's filled with people like PhilHos thinking being down 24-0 we still have a good chance. Lol. Chip is right, lots of beer. Makes sense, it's one way to deal with Zac Taylor's team.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 07:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I agree, and, even though I did not compare Burrow with anyone, I just stated, using hindsight, I don't think either QB would have been a bad pick.

Of course with some yahoos in here they took that and turned into the debate  you referenced above.

I like my son's take who agreed that either one would have NOT been a mistake for the Bengals, but he said, and I agree, Herbert is a good fit for LA and Burrow a good fit for Cincinnati.

Herbert would not hold up to the beaten Burrow has taken. We picked the right guy...
Reply/Quote

We can't all be a message board God, like you!
Get over yourself....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: This is a person who just reads and doesn't participate, holier than thou lol.

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not…

(12-13-2021, 10:26 PM)Tony Wrote: We can't all be a message board God, like you!

Don’t put limits on yourself, Tony. Strive for more.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: They best the Chargers when the Chargers we're 4-1, and started their 4 out of 5 game skid, beat the Colts in OT, after their 1-3 start, struggled to beat the Lions, Bears, and Browns, oh my!

Lost to the Raiders, Dolphins, Bengals, and Steelers.

They beat the Chiefs by one point and started the Chiefs 4 out of 6 game skid.  

PLUS, handed the Bengals first place by losing to the Browns!

Just saying.

Such much mental gymnastics to downplay the Bengals accomplishments.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 09:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: Burrow is a great young QB.  That said, somebody seriously needs to break him of that spin move crap in the pocket.  If you have time to spin, you have time to get the ball out.  Turning your back to your receivers forces you to have to refocus and find your guys again when you get your head back around.  That means the OL has to hold up even longer when they're already in trouble.  

Dude needs to play more like Drew Brees and less like Ben Roethlisberger(in his prime).

The first TD to Chase yesterday doesn’t happen without Burrow spinning away from pressure. That was vintage LSU Joe.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Yea but Herbert wouldve won us that game
Ninja
Reply/Quote
All I know is Urban Meyer is a idiot so is Nebraska head coach. Orgeron and Joe Brady are unemployed without Burrow. He is the real deal Give us Stafford and Mcvay Burrow we dont reach 6 wins Burrow would probably win SB
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 11:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea but Herbert wouldve won us that game
Ninja

No because Zac wouldn't let Herbert throw on first down at the 26 in OT.   Ninja Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 10:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's filled with people like PhilHos thinking being down 24-0 we still have a good chance. 

False. When you have to make shit up to make a point, that means you're point is not worth shit. Thanks for playing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd almost like to see the Bengals open the game on their first possession with a Burrow deep shot to Chase. See if they catch Denver off guard.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:22 AM)Joelist Wrote: I'd almost like to see the Bengals open the game on their first possession with a Burrow deep shot to Chase. See if they catch Denver off guard.

or go with the usual Mixon run up the middle. I agree with you, it would be exciting to take deep shots early on. I say this though with understanding the coaches have to make calls they think best suits the situation (I don't totally trust Zac on this).
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 11:22 AM)Joelist Wrote: I'd almost like to see the Bengals open the game on their first possession with a Burrow deep shot to Chase. See if they catch Denver off guard.

I'd save that for a 3rd and short....still have the surprise factor and it is like a punt if Chase decides to go all volleyball on the situation.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 10:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: False. When you have to make shit up to make a point, that means you're point is not worth shit. Thanks for playing.

Making up shit to make a point is a craft many here have mastered. All good I guess, it's still a great forum to post at.
Reply/Quote