DT
EDGE
S
OTHER
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk biggest need
What is the BIGGEST NEED if we're not talking BPA in this upcoming draft? No specific player, just position.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Left guard. 
Reply/Quote
I went with Corner though there could definitely be an argument made for OL.

And we could really use a better backup QB but that is more of a luxury and isn't happening this year.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
3T

Reply/Quote
Question: Who is backing up Awuzie and Apple?

Another query: Are we all that delighted with Eli?

Corner, and it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
I have to say S. Both starters are UFA's next year and we have absolutely nothing behind them except for a garbage KR guy.
Reply/Quote
I voted CB, but really I think that it's a toss up with Safety.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 01:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I voted CB, but really I think that it's a toss up with Safety.

I said the same and think the same. We need both and my guess it will depend who is the BPA at 31.
Reply/Quote
I can't say I'm surprised by the results so far, but I do agree with some of you who mentioned S. These results don't do our reality at that position any justice. I believe S is just as much in talks at 31 as CB. I'd love LG/C, but I just don't see that happening.

Reply/Quote
I voted CB and we need depth there for sure. But honestly, we need depth just as bad on O and D lines. And really need a WR as well. After the big 3 WR's we take a pretty deep nose dive.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 02:17 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I can't say I'm surprised by the results so far, but I do agree with some of you who mentioned S. These results don't do our reality at that position any justice. I believe S is just as much in talks at 31 as CB. I'd love LG/C, but I just don't see that happening.

Kind of what I was alluding to. We get to 31 and I can easily see maybe to the top 3 CBs gone already, yet the top 1 or 2 safeties available. Then I believe we might have to look at safeties.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 02:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Kind of what I was alluding to. We get to 31 and I can easily see maybe to the top 3 CBs gone already, yet the top 1 or 2 safeties available. Then I believe we might have to look at safeties.

You saying Kyle Hamilton has a shot to slide?  Ninja

I've been looking hard at McCreary today, and I'm impressed. I think someone is going to get a steal late 1, early 2. 

Reply/Quote
Be pretty interesting if they went heavy DB this draft.
Reply/Quote
I picked corner because of the contracts of current corners and the lack of youth at the position. We need more depth there for sure.

We also need depth up front and on the edge on defense. It'd be a good idea to pick up a safety with our contracts at that position. LG/C is another possibility.

We'll go BPA this draft. I don't see us reaching because any player we pick is for depth and very likely not a starter. Perfect scenario is a legit corner falls to us at 31, but I don't see it happening. I think we're looking at C/G and maybe Safety or DT.
Reply/Quote
I do like some of the safeties. But I'm a line guy this year. There is no guarantee that Carman is the answer. And we need another 3T. I would put 3T 1st.
Reply/Quote
Tight End.

Neither Hayden Hurst or Drew Sample can be a do it all tight end needed for a heavy 11 personnel offense. They are both free agents in 2023 and replaceable. Sample might be brought back cheap as the Te-Y in 12 personnel formations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 02:27 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: You saying Kyle Hamilton has a shot to slide?  Ninja

I've been looking hard at McCreary today, and I'm impressed. I think someone is going to get a steal late 1, early 2. 

Nah, I see him going in the top 10. Yeah, my numbers might have been a little off, but you get my jist.
Reply/Quote
Left guard isn't in the list? Lol. Literally the lowest ranked starter we have by far.
Reply/Quote
We have the same cbs we had last year. They weren't the reason we lost the super bowl. Definitely a need for sure but I think LG is in a worse spot.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 12:09 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Question: Who is backing up Awuzie and Apple?

Another query: Are we all that delighted with Eli?

Corner, and it's not even close.

It’s absolutely close. You’re talking about depth at CB, but we haven’t even replaced our starting 3T, and best interior pass pusher in Ogunjobi.

Reply/Quote