Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's talk the classless Bengals fans
Sure we know both teams out there as well as the Steeler's coaches looked like little more than thugs. But it's the fans! FANS! That were the worst. How can any of the douche bags who booed an injured player and tossed debris even be considered human, yet alone fans. The actions have made me ashamed to call myself a Bengal fan. This is a game, peoples lives, futures and livelihoods are at stake. It is one thing to realize an injury may present your team an advantage, but it is a far different thing to wish upon and cheer such an injury.

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:39 PM)StripesNTN Wrote: Sure we know both teams out there as well as the Steeler's coaches looked like little more than thugs. But it's the fans! FANS! That were the worst. How can any of the douche bags who booed an injured player and tossed debris even be considered human, yet alone fans. The actions have made me ashamed to call myself a Bengal fan. This is a game, peoples lives, futures and livelihoods are at stake. It is one thing to realize an injury may present your team an advantage, but it is a far different thing to wish upon and cheer such an injury.

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!

Normally I'd agree with you, but after seeing Shazier (and other Steelers players) dancing on the field while Bernard still lays unconscious on the ground is way worse. I'll admit, for the first time in my life I cheered an injury when Ben went down. Throwing trash is a different story. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think that bengals fans are just FED up.

Palmer, Rivers, Huber, Eifert, Gio, etc.

Steelers hurt our guys on purpose every game and never get called on it. It was more of a Karma cheer than anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:42 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Normally I'd agree with you, but after seeing Shazier (and other Steelers players) dancing on the field while Bernard still lays unconscious on the ground is way worse. I'll admit, for the first time in my life I cheered an injury when Ben went down. Throwing trash is a different story. 

Though the guy that hit Rapistberger with the water bottle while he was carted off had pretty good aim..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They were booing an injured rapist; I wished I had been there to throw shit at him. ****-off
Reply/Quote
I won't speak ill of those well informed fans. They knew the drama queen was setting up his miraculous return.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:39 PM)StripesNTN Wrote: Sure we know both teams out there as well as the Steeler's coaches looked like little more than thugs. But it's the fans! FANS! That were the worst. How can any of the douche bags who booed an injured player and tossed debris even be considered human, yet alone fans. The actions have made me ashamed to call myself a Bengal fan. This is a game, peoples lives, futures and livelihoods are at stake. It is one thing to realize an injury may present your team an advantage, but it is a far different thing to wish upon and cheer such an injury.

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!

Blaming the fans?  LAME.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!

I could give a **** less.. If Pittsburghs plane crashed on the way home, I wouldn't shed one single tear. **** them all.
Reply/Quote

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!

Is this a joke?  What about Gio's future.  The guy was dancing after the hit.  No penalty.  Tomlin couldn't wait to drop the challenge flag.  Gio is laying on the field hurt, Tomlin is being told to back up off the field while holding the challenge flag, Shazier is dancing and nothing comes of it other than a turnover when it should have been first and goal?  People were pissed and it was emotionally charged.

There has been a long history of very questionable actions taken by Steelers on and off the field that go unchecked by the league.  You had a damn coach in Tomlin who ran on the field a few years back to stop a kickoff.  If you watch the replay from last night, the Steelers coach pulls Nelson's hair on the sideline.  That is what set Nelson off.  Porter was so "concerned" about Brown he is talking crap to the Bengals.  Last game the Steelers go after Eiferts head (not all that different than Burficts hit last night) and no penalty. Palmer, Hine Ward's hit and the list goes on and on.  This behavior comes from their top down which is the coaching and it goes unchecked by the league. 

I don't condone it but lets be honest here.  The league put a weak officiating crew on this game and I would be willing to bet the farm that if the right call was made on Gio, the game would have been controlled a hell of a lot better.  Bengals, get a worst a field goal and we could easily be talking about the Patriots this morning.
Reply/Quote
I see a lot of "but the Steelers fans and players did this" bullshit. It's a societal problem...just cause one group of people acts with little class, the second group of people has to act accordingly, for some reason.

I'm not pointing fingers. I cheered that injury to Ben and I would do it again. I know that I'm a scumbag though...others are in denial.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I see a lot of "but the Steelers fans and players did this" bullshit.  It's a societal problem...just cause one group of people acts with little class, the second group of people has to act accordingly, for some reason.

I'm not pointing fingers.  I cheered that injury to Ben and I would do it again.  I know that I'm a scumbag though...others are in denial.

The refs let it get out of control. 
When you blatantly and consciously make the decision to flag one team more severely than the other, letting one team get away with illegal hits and flagging borderline hits from the home team...this is going to happen. They have to stake control. 
Munchak should have been ejected. 
DeCastro, Porter and Shazier should have been flagged. 

Keep order. 
Reply/Quote
 I think the Heat of the moment got the best of everyone last night.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The refs let it get out of control. 
When you blatantly and consciously make the decision to flag one team more severely than the other, letting one team get away with illegal hits and flagging borderline hits from the home team...this is going to happen. They have to stake control. 

Keep order. 

It was crystal clear early on what the Steelers' approach to the game was.  And the officials did nothing to stop it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The refs let it get out of control. 

Keep order. 

The discrepancy in the calling of penalties was obvious to anyone watching.  How the hit early on by Shawn Williams (clean) can get flagged, but the hit that Shazier put on Bernard (dirty) can be passed over is insane.  They let the Steelers coaches and players do whatever the **** they wanted to and 50,000 drunk fans got pissed.  If I were there, I would have been with them.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The discrepancy in the calling of penalties was obvious to anyone watching.  How the hit early on by Shawn Williams (clean) can get flagged, but the hit that Shazier put on Bernard (dirty) can be passed over is insane.  They let the Steelers coaches and players do whatever the **** they wanted to and 50,000 drunk fans got pissed.  If I were there, I would have been with them.

The NFL assigned this team, the same team that let the brawl happen, to this game...it was planned to get dirty. The NFL wanted it. 
Reply/Quote
I was at the game and let me tell you the bullshit non calls got the best of the entire stadium. The fans were beside themselves with what the refs were continuing to let happen. Time after time after time our guys were getting the short end of the stick. The coach pulling Reggies hair, the NASTY hit on Gio, the insurmountable holding calls not being called, the Steeler players pounding on Burfict all game long and not calling them...the list went on and on. Finally it hit the breaking point.

I don't think we were so much cheering for the injury as we were out of total frustration with the entire situation. It was beyond beyond anything I have EVER experienced as a Bengals fan. My poor 11 year old left the game in tears and utter heartbreak! It was awful!
Reply/Quote

Down with the Thugs!
Down with the Enablers!

Are you a Steelers fan...I have seen the replay...It was one beer can...And you blame all the fans...Just plain dumb...here is the replay...One can....68,000 fans in the stadium.... http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/watch_cincinnati_bengals_fans_hurl_trash_at_pittsb.html
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:24 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Are you a Steelers fan...I have seen the replay...It was one beer can...And you blame all the fans...Just plain dumb...here is the replay...One can....68,000 fans in the stadium.... http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2016/01/watch_cincinnati_bengals_fans_hurl_trash_at_pittsb.html

Thank you!!!!!
Reply/Quote
It reminded me of the eagles fans cheering Irvin when he injured his neck. Cheering for any injured player is bush league no matter how bad you hate your opponent. Throwing trash at an injured player speaks to how bad your own life must be. this goes for both teams and fan bases because they wanted burfict hurt. The fans went Cleveland and philly style all in one night.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:29 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: It reminded me of the eagles fans cheering Irvin when he injured his neck. Cheering for any injured player is bush league no matter how bad you hate your opponent.  Throwing trash at an injured player speaks to how bad your own life must be. this goes for both teams and fan bases because they wanted burfict hurt. The fans went Cleveland and philly style all in one night.

But a player (Gio) unconscious on the field and Shazier celebrating is OK?  LOL...some of you people are a joke...Screw the Steelers and their whole organization...They have been and always will be a dirty team
Reply/Quote