Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's talk the classless Bengals fans
I would love PBS to be known as a hospitable place for opposing teams fans and for the most part it is. However, I would love for the atmosphere there to be so hostile to Steelers fans that they quit coming....
Reply/Quote
Big Ben wasn't even hurt. Can't believe Bengals fans are still falling for his drama queen ways. Remember this is the guy that will go down clutching his knee one play, just to avoid the rush and run for 25 yards the next play. The guy who will self diagnose himself as playing through a broken back to seem heroic, when it was actually a back spasm. Don't hate on the fans that threw things for knowing better while you sit around these boards slamming them and mourned his "injury" with "class" Saturday night. Probably took off you hats and gave the guy a moment of silence as he passed. Simpletons. You guys are worse than the Steeler media bias going on this morning.

Reports indicate this morning Big Ben is day to day. No damage to shoulder, collar bone. Not even swelling. He was milking it and those fans were wise enough to know. More power to them.

BTW Brown got "good news" too as he's deemed fine and will play. Looks like that flop he took when Burfict barely brushed up against his head in passing worked. If Burfict wanted to lay him out no doubt he would have. It's time to rally behind our players. Against any other team ok, we may have issues with them, but against the Steelers we should turn a blind eye. They always did when it came to us. They weren't worried about "class". You don't bring "class" to a war. It's dirty, ugly and survival of the fittest.

It's just too bad our players ended up with severe injuries again and they walked away unscathed/healthy once again like in game 2. We still seem to not be able to knock them out quite like they knock our players out of games for long stretches/seasons.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The refs let it get out of control. 
When you blatantly and consciously make the decision to flag one team more severely than the other, letting one team get away with illegal hits and flagging borderline hits from the home team...this is going to happen. They have to stake control. 
Munchak should have been ejected. 
DeCastro, Porter and Shazier should have been flagged. 

Keep order. 

^^^^^^
This...  But, the throwing shit is inexcusable.  People were getting hit by things being thrown from the upper deck.  I lived in Columbus when a kid was killed by a hockey puck that bounced, then fell from the upper deck.  People shouldn't have to worry about being hurt or worse by flying debris at a football game....  Grow the **** up.

FWIW  I was glad Ben got hurt as well. Whatever
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: Big Ben wasn't even hurt. Can't believe Bengals fans are still falling for his drama queen ways. Remember this is the guy that will go down clutching his knee one play, just to avoid the rush and run for 25 yards the next play. Don't hate on the fans that threw things for knowing better while you sit around these boards slamming them and mourned his "injury" with "class" Saturday night. Probably took off you hats and gave the guy a moment of silence as he passed. Simpletons. You guys are worse than the Steeler media bias going on this morning.

Reports indicate this morning Big Ben is day to day. No damage to shoulder, collar bone. Not even swelling. He was milking it and those fans were wise enough to know. More power to them.

It's not about throwing shit at Ben.  It's the risk of hitting, and injuring somebody in the stands.  Be a man and wait for Ben after the game.  Throw a punch at him.  Or be a coward and throw whatever trash you can find.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Brown was definitely a flop. He was seen talking, laughing and whooping it up in the lockerroom after the game. He will play on Sunday because he doesn't have a concussion.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:42 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Normally I'd agree with you, but after seeing Shazier (and other Steelers players) dancing on the field while Bernard still lays unconscious on the ground is way worse. I'll admit, for the first time in my life I cheered an injury when Ben went down. Throwing trash is a different story. 

Hate losing the game no doubt.

But frankly I've no sympathy for the Steelers. They've been cheap-shotting us for YEARS and we finally have players who will stand up for each other. Glad to see it to be honest.

The only difference in this game is the NFL continues to have the Steelers backs when it comes to all this BS. They get away with whatever they please and the officials continue to support them.

-Williams hit early in the first quarter was NOT a penalty that was called
-Shazier hit WAS a penalty that wasn't called.
-Burfict hit WAS a penalty I agree. But now I ready stories about trying to make it look worse about how it was helmet to helmet when it was a shoulder hit by Vontaze. He probably could've literally killed him if he really wanted to.
Reply/Quote
After replay in slow mo Brown was def a flop while the media portrays that hit worse than the one Bernard took. He only layed there for an extra second to get the flag. He was ready to get up reaching up for his teammate right after. If his neck was almost broke as the media likes to act, he wouldn't have been trying to get back up right away. This foolishness is why we must circle the wagon around our players (and emotional fans) regardless of their issues. I'll have class again by August, but right now to hell with the Steelers, Big Ben, the Refs, and Tomlin and his coaches!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:49 AM)jason Wrote: It's not about throwing shit at Ben.  It's the risk of hitting, and injuring somebody in the stands.  Be a man and wait for Ben after the game.  Throw a punch at him.  Or be a coward and throw whatever trash you can find.

Okay......Fans please work on your aim.

Reply/Quote
Unfortunate side effect of a rigged game.

I think it would be prudent to move on and just accept that the season is over and, whether it was deserved or not, we lost in the post season again.

The Steelers will not suffer consequences for their dirty play and the Bengals are now the dirtiest team in football for no real reason.

Next year, we need to go on the traditional "**** you all" tour that Tom Brady has led all season and just trash our opponents, win every game and go on to the Super Bowl.

Nothing breeds motivation quite like hearing lies about yourself for 8 straight months.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Unfortunate side effect of a rigged game.

I think it would be prudent to move on and just accept that the season is over and, whether it was deserved or not, we lost in the post season again.

The Steelers will not suffer consequences for their dirty play and the Bengals are now the dirtiest team in football for no real reason.

Next year, we need to go on the traditional "**** you all" tour that Tom Brady has led all season and just trash our opponents, win every game and go on to the Super Bowl.

Nothing breeds motivation quite like hearing lies about yourself for 8 straight months.
I like it.  Rep.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:29 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: It reminded me of the eagles fans cheering Irvin when he injured his neck. Cheering for any injured player is bush league no matter how bad you hate your opponent. Throwing trash at an injured player speaks to how bad your own life must be. this goes for both teams and fan bases because they wanted burfict hurt. The fans went Cleveland and philly style all in one night.

They had it coming.... I would have been happier if burfict came up carrying bens head into the endzone instead of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 10:53 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Brown was definitely a flop. He was seen talking, laughing and whooping it up in the lockerroom after the game. He will play on Sunday because he doesn't have a concussion.

I was very curious about that hit.
You could see that he saw Burfict coming and then put his head out there. He missed the catch, there wasn't PI, next best thing is to get a flag from Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:42 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I was very curious about that hit.
You could see that he saw Burfict coming and then put his head out there. He missed the catch, there wasn't PI, next best thing is to get a flag from Burfict.

Even if Brown flopped, it doesn't matter, and I'm getting annoyed with the whining about it. It was an illegal hit. Was Shazier's? Yeah, though the crown of the helmet rule is less widely enforced than the receiver rule.

If he stayed down an extra few seconds to draw a flag on what was an illegal hit... that happens in every game. Acting is part of football, and every sport, by the way - at all levels.

Complain about the Shazier hit all your want, I think it should have been flagged, too. That doesn't suddenly make Burfict's hit not illegal. I don't understand that argument.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:11 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Even if Brown flopped, it doesn't matter, and I'm getting annoyed with the whining about it. It was an illegal hit. Was Shazier's? Yeah, though the crown of the helmet rule is less widely enforced than the receiver rule.

If he stayed down an extra few seconds to draw a flag on what was an illegal hit... that happens in every game. Acting is part of football, and every sport, by the way - at all levels.

Complain about the Shazier hit all your want, I think it should have been flagged, too. That doesn't suddenly make Burfict's hit not illegal. I don't understand that argument.

Because the refs threw a flag to put Steelers in position to kick a field goal and then threw a completely BS second flag provoked by a coach illegally on the field to give them the game - versus completely ignoring the hit on Gio that was far more vicious and hurtful that would have put us on the 10 yard line and  no drive by Steelers that resulted in points.

We lost the game despite the blatant bias by the officials because Hill was too immature and stupid to do the one thing he needed to do - hold the ball.

But the Steelers continually cheat and game plan for dirty plays with zero consequences while the refs are looking for ways to throw flags on the Bengals.

The politically correct NFL leadership is completely corrupt and has zero integrity in my eyes. If they cared about integrity, they would have full time officials who were not fat old guys and who studied game film all week just like the players to make sure rules are applied equally.

It is really a huge joke if not a farce.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:27 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Just look at some of the last Superbowls.

Harbaugh brothers
Ray Lewis retires on top
Bettis "      "         "
Katrina Saints

please post others.....Im sure there are more.

Patriots win right after 911.. Perhaps they were the better team, but nobody will ever convince me that the leadup to war and the team named patriots was all on the up and up.. That was just too coincidental for comfort.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Because the refs threw a flag to put Steelers in position to kick a field goal and then threw a completely BS second flag provoked by a coach illegally on the field to give them the game - versus completely ignoring the hit on Gio that was far more vicious and hurtful that would have put us on the 10 yard line and  no drive by Steelers that resulted in points.

We lost the game despite the blatant bias by the officials because Hill was too immature and stupid to do the one thing he needed to do - hold the ball.

But the Steelers continually cheat and game plan for dirty plays with zero consequences while the refs are looking for ways to throw flags on the Bengals.

The politically correct NFL leadership is completely corrupt and has zero integrity in my eyes. If they cared about integrity, they would have full time officials who were not fat old guys and who studied game film all week just like the players to make sure rules are applied equally.

These are all true statements. None of them do I have a problem with, and none have to do with the Burfict hit that some people are still trying to say was legal.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:25 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Because the refs threw a flag to put Steelers in position to kick a field goal and then threw a completely BS second flag provoked by a coach illegally on the field to give them the game - versus completely ignoring the hit on Gio that was far more vicious and hurtful that would have put us on the 10 yard line and  no drive by Steelers that resulted in points.

It ain't just us.....this is that chickenshit Tomlin's M.O.  Remember how the league was gonna take draft picks from them for Tomlin's little deal against Baltimore?  Remember which picks they were?  Exactly.  

Then, Godelle goes after Brady and takes draftpicks over footballs?  Sssshhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Another reason to hate these fools even more.....they just made me take up for NE! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I agree, when something is fishy, you think sober fans would keep quiet? Drunk fans certainly won't.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Unfortunate side effect of a rigged game.

I'd love for this to happen, but honestly there are only 2 players on this team with Tom Brady's fire. And I've seen a lot of Bengals fans calling for them to get cut. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote