Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets make a trade
Wasnt gonna post this but i ust had to.... I love boyd and core and as AMAZING as they have both looked micheal thomas from the saints has looked even better plus i do think we let lafell go after this season so does anyone think we could trade mccarron plus a couple comp picks for thomas this dude has made so many one handed catches already pkus 6'3 212 he can go up for the jump balls like aj green can 4.55 40 yard dash but plays faster just knowing we need to trade mccarron next season and brees getting old thought it might make sense or if you think a better deal to get thomas would happen let me know but this dude can flat out ball!
Reply/Quote
How about Dalton, Whitworth, Atkins, and the 2nd and 11th rounds picks next year for Sanu back?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I reallllllly thought Mantooth put you in your place about these kinds of threads.... You are an Ohio State homer, trying to get some Ohio State player who hasn't shown anything worth trading for. Sure he made some nice catches, but come on man.

Also, why the need to ship McCarron off so badly? The reason we get to see that Core and Boyd are even serviceable right now is because McCarron is a decent NFL backup. I always hated the days of 2nd string QBs making the evaluation process difficult. I love having McCarron in preseason. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 03:10 AM)treee Wrote: How about Dalton, Whitworth, Atkins, and the 2nd and 11th rounds picks next year for Sanu back?

Sanu didn't play for Ohio State!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 03:20 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I reallllllly thought Mantooth put you in your place about these kinds of threads.... You are an Ohio State homer, trying to get some Ohio State player who hasn't shown anything worth trading for. Sure he made some nice catches, but come on man.

Also, why the need to ship McCarron off so badly? The reason we get to see that Core and Boyd are even serviceable right now is because McCarron is a decent NFL backup. I always hated the days of 2nd string QBs making the evaluation process difficult. I love having McCarron in preseason. 

First off yes im a buckeye fan but im looking at quality recievers and yeah he has shown things worth trading for in his first preseason game 4 reception 67 yards on a diving catch and a jump ball i would trade boyd for him right now when deandre hopkins compares himself to you you know your good...look i love boyd but the thing that worries me simulated games preseason is he only gets 2-3 catches a game especially with laffell out he should be gettin at least 5 and the reason we need to trade mccarron is hes gonna be a starter obviously so we need to trade him before we lose him for nothing so why not get a guy who looks physically like aj green bc i guarentee if we had drafted micheal thomas instead of boyd this board would be going nuts saying oh we got 2 legit number 1 recievers this and that but since we didnt draft him im an osu homer? No i recognize talent period and eapeciallly since in my opinion lafell wont be here next year why not
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Word walls and no punctuation.

Someone wanna give me a serviceable tl;dr?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Man, I love Ohio state as much as the next guy, but this is stupid. Take the scarlet and gray goggles off.

Reply/Quote
*waits for we should trade X + X + X for Terrelle Pryor thread*

Reply/Quote
For the sake of argument, let's say the OP is 100% right and we should make the deal.

In that instance, WHY THE HELL WOULD THE SAINTS BE INTERESTED IN TRADING HIM AWAY!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:11 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: *waits for we should trade X + X + X for Terrelle Pryor thread*

I was thinking we should trade Dalton, mccarron, wenning and lacata for a chance to talk to Troy smith about coming out of retirement. GO BUCKS!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 02:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Wasnt gonna post this but i ust had to.... I love boyd and core and as AMAZING as they have both looked micheal thomas from the saints has looked even better plus i do think we let lafell go after this season so does anyone think we could trade mccarron plus a couple comp picks for thomas this dude has made so many one handed catches already pkus 6'3 212 he can go up for the jump balls like aj green can 4.55 40 yard dash but plays faster just knowing we need to trade mccarron next season and brees getting old thought it might make sense or if you think a better deal to get thomas would happen let me know but this dude can flat out ball!

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get talent or picks back for McCarron, but this one isn't a good idea at all.  The Bengals are so deep at young, talented WRs, TEs, and backs that half of the posts these days are arguing which ones should be retained and which ones will try to be stashed on the practice squad....knowing full well that a good talent is likely to get plucked off with no compensation. 

Even if Michael Thomas is the next AJ Green, which I doubt, you don't trade away picks PLUS McCarron, who I think is easily worth a second round selection...and it would have to be an EARLY second round selection.  Plus, this is kind of like adding a LB when you have Burfict, Vigil, Dawson, Rey, Maualuga, Flowers, and Dansby when most of the time, only two LBs are on the field.  

I'm glad to see Thomas is doing well, but it will be a vastly different set of circumstances when teams are game planning for the Saints passing attack.  The Bengal's biggest need right now is at the tackle position, but it should be fine as both guys are not going to be lost for long.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:15 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: For the sake of argument, let's say the OP is 100% right and we should make the deal.

In that instance, WHY THE HELL WOULD THE SAINTS BE INTERESTED IN TRADING HIM AWAY!

Honestly,  because a team with a good WR isn't going anywhere without a good QB and they now Brees is nearing the end.  That doesn't mean that I agree with the proposition.  See my direct response to him.  
Reply/Quote
In one post you propose trading McCarron for a 2nd, a 4th and Cardale Jones (Just drafted with a 4th). So you set his value at basically a 2nd round pick and two 4th's. Forget the fact that the fit is terrible and the trading partner makes absolute no sense.

Then in this post you propose trading McCarron and multiple compensatory picks for a guy who was just drafted in the 2nd.

Proposal 1- McCarron's worth = 2nd, 4th, 4th.
Proposal 2 - McCarron + Multiple additional picks' worth = 2nd

In these blatant OSU homer threads you've somehow managed to create to completely different values for McCarron. You're not even trying to disguise what this is really about. You couldn't even be bothered with taking the 30 secs to at least come up with a consistent value.

If I'm being completely honest, fans who want their pro teams to have some sort of attachment to their favorite college teams are about the absolute worst. It's like talking with a child. In the real world, where there's billions of dollars on the line, no one is concerned about targeting specific schools. It's a waste of everyone's time even looking at this garbage. Please, just jpin an OSU board. Seriously. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 10:35 AM)?SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly,  because a team with a good WR isn't going anywhere without a good QB and they now Brees is nearing the end.  That doesn't mean that I agree with the proposition.  See my direct response to him.  

They have a great QB who was lacking weapons to win now, so they got him one.

Make the trade, and they are back to needing weapons to win now, but have a potential QB replacement.

Why would they not want to keep their new weapon who is so great we should overpay for him (premise of the thread), and then either trade picks for McCarron in the 2017 season or get him outright in FA just after?  
Reply/Quote
Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 02:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Wasnt gonna post this but i ust had to.... I love boyd and core and as AMAZING as they have both looked micheal thomas from the saints has looked even better plus i do think we let lafell go after this season so does anyone think we could trade mccarron plus a couple comp picks for thomas this dude has made so many one handed catches already pkus 6'3 212 he can go up for the jump balls like aj green can 4.55 40 yard dash but plays faster just knowing we need to trade mccarron next season and brees getting old thought it might make sense or if you think a better deal to get thomas would happen let me know but this dude can flat out ball!

No, I don't think this will happen.
Reply/Quote
I have to disagree with this proposal in many ways. First off I doubt that Michael Thomas is going to be the next AJ Green and just because Deandre Hopkins says that he minds him of himself means nothing in how Thomas will end up in his career. Just relax because it is only preseason and just because he is making one handed catches mean absolute nothing because a catch is a catch. Yes he may end up being good but to offer up in exchange for him makes absolutely no sense. Why in the world would you trade AJ, who is arguably a top 3 backup qb and two comp picks this season when there probably will be more value next season for AJ. We have Tyler Boyd who is going to be a special player and with him we have covered our deficit at wr because I think when it is said and done he is going to be better than Jones or Sanu and will be a true number 2 opposite AJ Green. Plus the other factor is if something happens this year to Andy we will need AJ to step in because there is no other qb on this team worth a backup job at this point. So why would you want to trade a security blanket in AJ and take a chance that Andy gets hurt and then the team is stuck like most teams looking for a decent backup qb. Look at Pittsburgh for instance, because if Ben goes down would you rather have AJ or Landry Jones. I think we all know the answer to that. Plus I think when you set the value for McCarron it will end up being more than what Michael Thomas is because I think it will at least be a 2 and could be more depending on how desperate teams are.
Reply/Quote
McCarron for Geno Smith, straight up.

Ridiculousness.
This is why they put out Madden franchise mode. so folks can live out their demented NFL owner schemes at home. And we dont have to live with the shame we feel for you when you offer your opinions publicly.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
If we trade AJ it will be before the draft or free agency and will probably only get a mid round pick for him or maybe a third.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2016, 03:35 PM)J24 Wrote: If we trade AJ it will be before the draft or free agency and will probably only get a mid round pick for him or maybe a third.

The best value we'd ever get for AJ is probably to a (probably wildcard) playoff team who's starting QB is injured going into the first playoff game.
Reply/Quote