Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lets say good thing sabout Marvin Lewis and his teams
Ok so seeing as Marvin will be the coach for the next 88 years im going to try and make a list of good things he does.

1. Marvin Lewis seems to always coach up good run defense schemes. We have bad games against the run just like any team but if I were to put his whole 15-year on one plane I have to say I always remember us having good d line play against the run no matter what coordinator we have. I don't have stats and im not really gonna use stats for this post so if you have stats please add them.

2. Our special teams(Not kickers, they've all pretty much sucked) for the most part doesn't fumble or give up huge returns consistently. See it is possible to compliment Lewis

3. Marvin Lewis doesn't play young guys just to play. He puts the best team on the field no matter what. I know some of you hate this about him but im the type of guy who would rather play a Leon Hall over a Dre Kirkpatrick until Kirkpatrick CONVINCINGLY takes the spot from Hall.

4. Marvin Lewis up until recently could field a good turnover defense no matter who he had. We used to be a high turnover team but as players changed we changed into a team that tries to only allow FGs. Then as time went on we just suck on D now. So this may actually be a bad thing about Marvin. When he has good players he can coach up a league leading defense. But when he doesn't have the star level play from individuals on D hes not good enough to create a gameplan that will make those guys look good. I don't want to shit on him for that but we see it enough in sports how coaches create gameplans that make average teams compete against elite teams and Marvin has NEVER done that. every year weve done really good its been because weve had ALOT of talent. I cant say Marvin has ever OVERACHIEVED with a roster. Hes HEAVILY UNDERACHIEVED at least 3 times(Texans and Jets playoff games, we were the favorites), and has basically underachieved his whole career. And that isn't good.

5. Back to the good. Hes as loyal as they come to his players. In 15 years he hasn't thrown a guy under the bus once or put any heat on a guy for his off the field antics. Now PERSONALLY I wish hed fire in people asses about off the field stuff and maybe he does, but for certain guys I think it needs to be public.

That's all I got guys. 4 good things. I would make a bad list but that list would be stupid long and I don't feel like it. Hes our coach and we gotta deal with it.
Reply/Quote
Damn Housh, you used up all the good points.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Good things huh? Well, he has a handsome smile.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
He's great at clock management, jk jk. Umm he's good at losing playoff games , clapping, he's a very good clapper and does an excellent job of not getting fired regardless of the circumstances.
Reply/Quote
If you ever need a rave, just put Marvin Lewis in a room full of clap-on lights.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
1. Marvin Lewis isn't Dave Shula

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn Housh, you used up all the good points.
Here's a couple.
He doesn't go public with any team/ownership/player issues.
Never heard anything but good things about his community activities.

Now, if he would just upgrade his coaching and demand his assistants to do the same, I would be a bit more satisfied.
Reply/Quote
His team's don't quit on him. It was evident in 2010, and this past season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:00 PM)Derrick Wrote: He doesn't go public with any team/ownership/player issues.

After the 2010 season Marvin made it known to the media that he wasn't going to sign an extension until a number of demands were met, mostly notably an indoor practice facility.  It wasn't exactly him badmouthing the franchise but he was talking about what he wanted, what he wasn't getting here, and the other opportunities he had regarding coaching openings.
Reply/Quote
I almost started a thread like this yesterday when I had a few beers but went with the "I want to change my name" thingy. I cant really say much good about Marvin Lewis because he seemed to learn very slowly what it took to be a winning coach but then took a nose dive head first off the Grand Canyon and landed head first in a pile of doo lodged in a cactus. I will speak positive of the team as a whole. Here's my positives of the season:

1. I loved the black & white color rush uniforms we wore this year.

2. A.J. was a bright spot yet another year and continues to click well with Dalton.

3. We got a new kicker.

4. Whitt reduced the amount of holding calls he was receiving year after year (so it seems, not stat verified).

5. Mike Brown revealed in a letter his commitment to losing in a letter to Derrick (yes, that's a good thing - brings expectations to acceptable level - decreases chance of stroke during next season).

6. We seen some good highlights from our rookies. Not quite what we need to get our fix when we were out of it, but we did see some.

7. Dre showed much improvement this year. Yes, he needs to get rid of the drama on every play, but his athleticism and talent is starting to shine.

8. We didn't lose to the Browns.

9. Lafell was a bright spot in free agency which could possibly spark a harder pursuit in the future.

10. We have a really good opportunity to get some good drafts next year.

Reply/Quote
He's established quite the coaching tree

He's never embarrassed the franchise or city

He's taken us to the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years

FAs no longer view us as a last resort

Discipline, We were the least penalized team in the league last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis really sucks....oh wait you said positive things....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 01:47 AM)Trademark Wrote: Marvin Lewis really sucks....oh wait you said positive things....

Well...you can spin it slightly.... Marvin Lewis is good at sucking. See, now it's a positive thing.   Cool

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Marvin knows he can only take a team so far in the course of a season, but that sure doesn't stop him from coming back year after year to try again.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 11:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's established quite the coaching tree

He's never embarrassed the franchise or city

He's taken us to the playoffs 5 of the last 6 years

FAs no longer view us as a last resort

Discipline, We were the least penalized team in the league last year

This is hard to believe tbh. Kirkpatrick alone seems like he'd put us up there in amount of penalties. 

Some other good points brought up for Marvin already so I'll just add one thing, Burfict. Reading an article posted here awhile back made it pretty clear Marvin is the main reason Burfict's on the team. He's certainly had his ups and downs wrt crossing the line, but it seems like Marvin has got through to Burfict more than any of his prior coaches have ever been able to.

Reply/Quote
Marv Lewis? He did some good things....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The man saved us from The Abyss.  Really, you can't get much better than that, and he deserves a lot of accolades for that.  However, like Jim Mora and the once abysmal Saints, he has plateaued.  Time to get headed.......and PLEASE, take Paul Joel with you.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Marvin drinks Zima.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2017, 10:45 PM)jason Wrote: His team's don't quit on him. It was evident in 2010, and this past season.

This. 

Players want to play for him. That speaks volumes & tells me that if he somehow catches lightning in a bottle and learns from his mistakes, he could most certainly make a run.  
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2017, 11:21 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: This. 

Players want to play for him. That speaks volumes & tells me that if he somehow catches lightning in a bottle and learns from his mistakes, he could most certainly make a run.  

Yep, his problem seems to be arrogance, if you go by his pressers....which may be nothing more than pr talk.  That said, gamedays kinda back up the arrogance.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote