Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lets say good thing sabout Marvin Lewis and his teams
He's never lost in the Superbowl unlike Belichick
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 11:47 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He's never lost in the Superbowl unlike Belichick

Or Tomlin. Or Carroll. 

Hall of Fame!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is a strong father figure for Vontaze Burfict. That was in the short bio on Vontaze I saw a few years ago and it really "hit me in the feels."
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 10:13 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis is a strong father figure for Vontaze Burfict.  That was in the short bio on Vontaze I saw a few years ago and it really "hit me in the feels."

I already mentioned that in this thread. Keep up, man.  Tongue

Reply/Quote
:giggle:
Yes Marvin is a defensive guru, but, the whole concept of coaching just doesn't  mean defense only. Even with offense, someone has to be capable of deciding what plays they think are going to work. Also a coach has to do whatever he thinks will make the team play it's best. Thus far Marvin hasn't done either. He's good at clapping his hands and saying"Let's Go" but a coach needs to get into somebodies face and show he's boss. He also needs to get on the coaches and let them know that they need to do their job. A coach needs to know whats going on on the field and every phase of the game on the field! So far I've not seen Marvin do any of this. GET IN SOMEONES face and jack em up !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 11:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I already mentioned that in this thread. Keep up, man.  Tongue

You're right. Let me try to think of something else.....
Reply/Quote
nothing matters but winning a chip
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Players will die for Marvin. He is totally okay taking the brunt of all the abuse thrown at the team at all times to keep his players away from it. He would rather be the public enemy during times when players are a problem with a situation on the field so the players can focus on their play. But you know Marvin off camera is a hardass to these players and does work to correct these things. This is why we have found a lot of players to overperform their talent level. Marvin isn't the greatest coach but to say he doesn't fight for players or that players don't love him is asinine. Of course I feel we are past ML right now but if he's fired a lot of players won't be happy. Obviously they would get over it but there is something to him still
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 01:22 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Players will die for Marvin. He is totally okay taking the brunt of all the abuse thrown at the team at all times to keep his players away from it. He would rather be the public enemy during times when players are a problem with a situation on the field so the players can focus on their play. But you know Marvin off camera is a hardass to these players and does work to correct these things. This is why we have found a lot of players to overperform their talent level. Marvin isn't the greatest coach but to say he doesn't fight for players or that players don't love him is asinine. Of course I feel we are past ML right now but if he's fired a lot of players won't be happy. Obviously they would get over it but there is something to him still

He is absolutely a players' coach.....to the point it has become a detriment, in my opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 01:22 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Players will die for Marvin. He is totally okay taking the brunt of all the abuse thrown at the team at all times to keep his players away from it. He would rather be the public enemy during times when players are a problem with a situation on the field so the players can focus on their play. But you know Marvin off camera is a hardass to these players and does work to correct these things. This is why we have found a lot of players to overperform their talent level. Marvin isn't the greatest coach but to say he doesn't fight for players or that players don't love him is asinine. Of course I feel we are past ML right now but if he's fired a lot of players won't be happy. Obviously they would get over it but there is something to him still

Name the key players that outperform their talent level. I'd say we have more underperforming high draft picks than overperforming late rounders.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 01:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Name the key players that outperform their talent level. I'd say we have more underperforming high draft picks than overperforming late rounders.

Dhani, either Rey, Housh, a lot of our hodge podge OL pieces we've had, Gilberry, to name a few. I forgot to add it in that I meant to insert into that sentence, but he has gotten a lot of players to actually perform to their talent level with the number of cast offs we have taken from other teams who have turned into contributors. A bunch of CBs and Tez most notably
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis is the best in the NFL at shaking the winning coach's hand after the game. Whatever
Reply/Quote
I thank Marvin Lewis for 2003 thru about 2008. He was a integral part of bringing this team out of the abyss. He helped bring back some respectability to Mike Brown's ineptness.

But we should have moved on from Marvin Lewis several years ago. I have near zero faith anything is going to change though until MB is no longer running the show.
Reply/Quote