Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis hints at personnel changes
When the Cincinnati Bengals fired Ken Zampese as offensive coordinator and replaced him with Bill Lazor, head coach Marvin Lewis had a message for his players:

“The next time, look around and there will be different guys sitting around (in the locker room),” Lewis said.

In the wake of Sunday’s 23-7 loss at Jacksonville that dropped the team to 3-5, Lewis again hinted at personnel changes.

We’ve got to play better,” Lewis said. “We’ve got to look at how we’re doing things, who we’re doing it with and see what’s the best way to come out of it.”

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/bengals-coach-marvin-lewis-hints-personnel-changes/XvBmEo09OmJj7OQhyYfzAN/
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I hope lower level coaching changes doesn't let Lewis off of the hook.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: When the Cincinnati Bengals fired Ken Zampese as offensive coordinator and replaced him with Bill Lazor, head coach Marvin Lewis had a message for his players:

“The next time, look around and there will be different guys sitting around (in the locker room),” Lewis said.

In the wake of Sunday’s 23-7 loss at Jacksonville that dropped the team to 3-5, Lewis again hinted at personnel changes.

We’ve got to play better,” Lewis said. “We’ve got to look at how we’re doing things, who we’re doing it with and see what’s the best way to come out of it.”

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sports/bengals-coach-marvin-lewis-hints-personnel-changes/XvBmEo09OmJj7OQhyYfzAN/

Yeah, Marv, it's the players' fault.  It has nothing to do with the horrible player development or the chicken shit schemes or letting good players leave in a steady stream or screaming about needing speed and then going out and getting some, only to have them sit on the bench.  Couldn't be your fault, Marv.  You're the smartest man in the world.

Every word out of his mouth makes me want to puke.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Start by grabbing the first 5 guys you find in the stands to play O-line, instant upgrade.

Seriously, not aimed at you trademark but Bodine (just to name a very obvious one) has needed replaced for two years now and words such as these from ML are way to little and way to late !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Little late to talk about switching players now, since the deadline has passed. Unless he's talking about starting Westerman and Johnson, he's blowing smoke...
Reply/Quote
Good old Marvin with the same, "We’ve got to play better." No kidding genius, the most uninspiring head coach I can think of.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:54 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Good old Marvin with the same, "We’ve got to play better."  No kidding genius, the most uninspiring head coach I can think of.

And now, passing the buck.  I swear to God, these clowns look like they're going out of their way to piss off the customers.  Like a Walmart greeter telling everyone go fukk yourself on their way in.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Maybe if we had some top 10 picks laying around that aren't getting much playing time?
Reply/Quote
We’ve got to play better.

That tubby slob is just stuck on stupid.
Reply/Quote
Marvin has a point. Could they play any worse?
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:22 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Marvin has a point. Could they play any worse?

We'll see if they lose to the Browns on the 26th.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
What a tiring team to follow.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Is it possible the owners of the other teams in the AFC North secretly pay the Bengals to keep Lewis as HC? I doubt he will retire himself and who is going to hire him as their HC? The Browns?
Reply/Quote
What *other* NFL team would hire Marvin Lewis as head coach? I have a feeling there aren't a ton of teams that would want Andy Dalton for more than a backup right now, too - of course our team isn't helping him in that area either.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In a lost season. You start evaluating. Like we should have done last year.

Jordan evans looked real this preseason. Vinney rey aint getting any better. Westerman looked good in the preaseason. How about activating him and actually playing him. Quit screwing with our last 2 first round picks and play them. Quit playing MJ at DE. Willis and Lawson should be getting all of those snaps. Time to put Sims on IR. Glasgow and Billings need the PT. Maybe use the spot on dielman you just drafted and see if he can play. Hopefully fat randy is healthy. Cut the extra K and activate the S STs weapon you traded up for.

All stuff we should do. We wont
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:11 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: We’ve got to play better.

That tubby slob is just stuck on stupid.

Stuck on stupid.  I absolutely love it.  I will have to steal it.  With your permission. 

You nailed it.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What a tiring team to follow.

It really is.  It wears at your very soul, keeps taking pieces of you.  You want to believe.  They practically go out of their way to crush hope.  And then they act like WE are all stupid. 

There is bad luck involved but so much is self inflicted.

And when comes the payoff?

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 08:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: When the Cincinnati Bengals fired Ken Zampese as offensive coordinator and replaced him with Bill Lazor, head coach Marvin Lewis had a message for his players:

Lewis always says, "We've got to..." but when it comes to actually DO something, it doesn't actually happen. Tired of him saying things need to be done and actually get things done.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Why not try AJM in there...see if there is any improvement?
Reply/Quote
"Note to self...  block all calls from Cincinnati area code"

[Image: th?id=OIP.cctDBeO4ToDKkWbUCLU_9gEsDH&pid...=268&h=179]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote