Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25934/democrats-say-theyre-deeply-concerned-about-trumps-ben-shapiro

So Durbin basically leaked out of context comments in hopes to shame Trump into a clean DACA bill. Lol. Maybe the democrats should get back to the table and move the country forward. Hard to be against the raise act when Canada snd Australia do the same thing....

Quote:Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration. That's A Lie.

Ben ShapiroJanuary 16, 2018

Photo by Alex Wong/Getty Images
On Tuesday, the Senate Judiciary Committee grilled Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen about President Trump’s alleged statements regarding immigrants from “s***hole countries.” The Democrat who leaked the comments to the press, Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL), led the charge, suggesting that Nielsen was lying. What was the point of all of this? To prove, of course, that Trump is a racist and justify the media hysteria surrounding his comments.

But there’s one small problem.

That’s a lie.

The real reason Democrats are focused laser-like on Trump’s comments is that they believe they can force him to sign into law a clean bill on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) said as much on Monday:

[Trump’s comments] over and over and over again can be described as nothing but racist and obnoxious. He says he’s not a racist. Well, … I have a challenge for Donald Trump. Okay, actions speak louder than words, if you want to begin, just begin that long road back to proving you’re not a racist, you’re not bigoted, support the bipartisan compromise that three Republicans and three Democrats have put on the floor — everyone gave — and get the DREAMers safety here in America. That’s what he should do.

In other words, if Trump wants to prove he's not a racist, he should agree with Democratic policy. How convenient.

This is also an odd request, given that Trump’s sin here is supposedly bigotry based on place of origin. If Democrats truly believed that such language was bigoted, wouldn’t they be pushing for a merit-based immigration system, and changes to the diversity visa lottery? After all, the diversity visa lottery is based on the notion that people from certain countries deserve entry to the United States more than people from other countries — the very basis of Trump’s supposed bigotry.

But Democrats don’t want a merit-based system. They want to use Trump’s alleged racism to push for a non-merit-based system. Which shows that they’re lying about Trump’s bigotry altogether. You can’t simultaneously maintain that it is bigotry to judge prospective immigrants purely by their place of origin, then insist that we judge prospective immigrants purely by their place of origin. Yet that’s what Democrats are doing.

All of which lays bare their agenda here. Trump should stand up to this nonsense by stating clearly that he wants a merit-based system, and will stand for nothing less. He should disown his alleged comments, and state that he was specifically calling for an end to a system that privileges certain countries above others — that he singled out South Korea as a target for immigration, for example, because immigrants from South Korea perform highly on a merit-based system, not because he prefers people from South Korea. That would put the onus on Democrats to explain why we shouldn’t judge immigrants individually on merit. And that would expose their ulterior motive in this entire affair: an immigration system that pushes politics above American interests.
(01-16-2018, 03:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: https://www.dailywire.com/news/25934/democrats-say-theyre-deeply-concerned-about-trumps-ben-shapiro

So Durbin basically leaked out of context comments in hopes to shame Trump into a clean DACA bill.  Lol.   Maybe the democrats should get back to the table and move the country forward.    Hard to be against the raise act when Canada snd Australia do the same thing....  

There was a bipartisan deal on the table.  Trump refused it because he want you and me to pay for his wall...not Mexico.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Democrats don't care because they don't want to waste billions on a stupid campaign promise that Trump's using to overcompensate for something small of his.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-16-2018, 03:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Democrats don't care because they don't want to waste billions on a stupid campaign promise that Trump's using to overcompensate for something small of his.

If dems agreed to the raise act, ending chain migration and diversity lottery, and increased Border And iCE agents with finds tk repair and expand portions of the wall then it would pass. They are trying to hang on to stopping the wall and think it will matter but trump is deporting illegals and pushing legislation forward. The wall won’t kill him. And he can get that anyway by just pushing ICE to get out there and get the illegals.

The only thing standing between protecting DACA people and deportation is the democrats playing politcs. The dems are keeping them in limbo at least trump is giving them some clarity on their future. I can’t imagine living a life in constant fear of the unknown.
80 percent of the country wants DACA relief.

80 percent of the country want better border security so this doesn't happen again.

And so it goes, we can't stay on subject.
(01-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Goalpost Wrote: 80 percent of the country wants DACA relief.

80 percent of the country want better border security so this doesn't happen again.

And so it goes, we can't stay on subject.

Yup. Trump is on the right side of this issue.
(01-16-2018, 03:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If dems agreed to the raise act, ending chain migration and diversity lottery, and increased Border And iCE agents with finds tk repair and expand portions of the wall then it would pass.   They are trying to hang on to stopping the wall and think it will matter but trump is deporting illegals and pushing legislation forward.   The wall won’t kill him.   And he can get that anyway by just pushing ICE to get out there and get the illegals.    

The only thing standing between protecting DACA people and deportation is the democrats playing politcs.   The dems are keeping them in limbo at least trump is giving them some clarity on their future.    I can’t imagine living a life in constant fear of the unknown.

The guy who decided to end DACA and use it as a bargaining chip is the one playing politics with it. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-16-2018, 03:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yup.   Trump is on the right side of this issue.

Refresh my memory.

What is Trumps position on DACA?  If both he and the Democrats want it then why don't we have it?
(01-16-2018, 04:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The guy who decided to end DACA and use it as a bargaining chip is the one playing politics with it. 

Sorry, but that's how politics works.  The GOP is in power, they have the right to govern as the people voted them in.  The Dems can either compromise or get nothing they want, betting that they will be in a better position after the 2018 elections.  There is no way around the factual point that the Dems are willing to shut down the federal government in an effort to help people who are in the country illegally.  Also, the D in DACA stands for deferred, meaning it was never supposed to be a permanent solution.

I feel bad for people in that position, but I also don't think the United States is the only country in the world that should have no say in who is allowed within it's borders.  If you allowed it there'd be 500 million Chinese people who would move here tomorrow.  I don't see anyone advocating for that.
(01-16-2018, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Refresh my memory.

What is Trumps position on DACA?  If both he and the Democrats want it then why don't we have it?

Not his job.  He held a televised, bi-partisan meeting where he stated on public record that he would sign whatever bill Congress brings him.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-16-2018, 08:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not his job.  He held a televised, bi-partisan meeting where he stated on public record that he would sign whatever bill Congress brings him.

And then he didn't.

MAGA!

Make Americans Guess Again....
(01-16-2018, 08:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: And then he didn't.

MAGA!

Make Americans Guess Again....

What bill has Congress passed to bring to him? 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-16-2018, 08:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What bill has Congress passed to bring to him? 

They brought him the bipartisan bill.  All he had to do was say he agreed....like he said he would.  Then they could go get the votes and it passes and they have more time to work on funding the government.

Your boy lied.  Again.

But I don't expect you will hold him to that anymore than you will for Mexico paying for the wall.  Which they will not.
(01-16-2018, 08:59 PM)GMDino Wrote: They brought him the bipartisan bill.  All he had to do was say he agreed....like he said he would.  Then they could go get the votes and it passes and they have more time to work on funding the government.

Your boy lied.  Again.

But I don't expect you will hold him to that anymore than you will for Mexico paying for the wall.  Which they will not.

This is a frighteningly disingenuous "interpretation" of events.  At no time was a proposal that was agreeable to both the House and Senate hammered out.
(01-16-2018, 09:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is a frighteningly disingenuous "interpretation" of events.  At no time was a proposal that was agreeable to both the House and Senate hammered out.

I just keep forgetting that we only suppose to hold Trump to things he says when he does them.  When he doesn't then it wasn't his fault, that's not what he said, etc.

I saw him presented with a bipartisan deal that he rejected before the House and Senate could hammer it out and agree on it.

Almost, ALMOST like he lied.

Almost.
(01-16-2018, 09:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just keep forgetting that we only suppose to hold Trump to things he says when he does them.  When he doesn't then it wasn't his fault, that's not what he said, etc.

I saw him presented with a bipartisan deal that he rejected before the House and Senate could hammer it out and agree on it.

Almost, ALMOST like he lied.

Almost.

So you agree you were wrong.  You've taken your first steps into a larger world.
(01-16-2018, 09:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So you agree you were wrong.  You've taken your first steps into a larger world.

Awww...that's adorable.

No.  The POTUS said bring a bipartisan deal.  They did.  

Now I will admit that he has NO idea how bills get passed so he might have thought he could just sign it, but either way he rejected it completely.

Lied.
(01-16-2018, 09:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Awww...that's adorable.

No.  The POTUS said bring a bipartisan deal.  They did.  

Now I will admit that he has NO idea how bills get passed so he might have thought he could just sign it, but either way he rejected it completely.

Lied.

A hastily thrown together "idea", and an actual piece of passed legislation are two completely different things.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-16-2018, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Refresh my memory.

Trump in the end is willing to give in on DACA if he gets immigration reforms. Which would include:

Raise Act
Ending chain migration
Ending diversity lottery
Building a wall or even partial wall with more ICE agents and border patrol.

Chain migration and diversity lottery are easy. Both sides know those are going away. Those would pass if they were sent through on a clean bill. Dems are fighting the wall because they are just trying to thwart Trump campaign promise. The reality is we need it and some wall needs repaired. Gotta be some sort of compromise there with Trump getting some wall plus repairs. The real debate is te raise act vs the DACA people. Which I don’t know why democrats don’t support, it takes away the immigration criteria from country of origin to the individual. Which would be no racism. Now there are some issues with that, in Canada they have a lot of Asians. Australia’s fix for this is to have a certain percentage be low skilled labor. Which I think is appropriate.
(01-16-2018, 09:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A hastily thrown together "idea", and an actual piece of passed legislation are two completely different things.  

Tell that to the POTUS.  He said he'd sign whatever they brought him.

But nonetheless it could have been a starting point as it was bipartisan....IF Trump had said it was ok.  But as we all know he lies so much it was never gonna happen.