Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life is Fun. A life story and call for rep/attention
So obviously my visits here are very sporadic. This comes from a large number of reasons.

For starters, school is a *****. Studying for physical therapy is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and it's hitting me like a ton of bricks. As I'm typing this I'm just taking a break from studying the urinary system for the 10th time. I get to pull an all nighter while on Concerta and work for 2 tests tomorrow that will leave me with no brain left

Secondly, for those who don't know, I'm now in a fraternity. It's been so exciting and eye opening. Besides the parties and fun side of it, helping plan philanthropy events and running our public relations has been another challenge I never thought I'd be able to handle. However, I've been able to do super well for all this and help a ton of people out. As a result, I've been voted in as our Chaplain, which is the 3rd highest ranking position in the fraternity. This means I'll be on here even less due to my need to constantly be focused on brotherhood events, event planning, and making sure the fraternity runs with the love I want it to.

Thirdly, my dad has taken a turn for the worse. Some may or may not know but my father was diagnosed with ALS. He is currently paralyzed from the neck down and can't move his head anymore. He slowly is getting to where he can't talk and taking care of him once a week is physically and emotionally draining. He'll most likely pass in the next 6 months which feels so odd and I feel so neutral about it for some reason.

Fourthly, I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. This is not surprising to anyone I know but I do find it quite funny as my mother has said she basically noticed it since I was in middle school. But my mother is one of those people who doesn't take me to the doctor unless I'm dying so it took until 4 years into college and on my own to just say **** it and go

SO it's been a craazy up and down time and all of these things are shaped to take full form in 2017. This, along with the fact football (Especially the Bengals) just aren't entertaining me as much as I used to means I'll cease to exist in the eyes of the board. But I'm excited and intrigued as to what this upcoming year will have in store. As mentioned in one of the best Disney songs of all time:

Enjoy everything y'all and keep being beautiful people. Don't let the Bengals have any sort of effect on your mood
Reply/Quote
Keep up the good work, you have taken on quite a load but while you are young and energetic is the right time for it.

Hope your Dad improves.

With your time constraints, there is no extra time for football,you don't have time to fart SITTING DOWN (must be walking ).

You are remembered don't worry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:27 AM)eoxyod Wrote:  This, along with the fact football (Especially the Bengals) just aren't entertaining me as much as I used to means I'll cease to exist in the eyes of the board.

It is okay if you shuffle off these Bengal coils.  We will meet again someday in message board heaven.  The old gang will all be there.  And no pants allowed.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is okay if you shuffle off these Bengal coils.  We will meet again someday in message board heaven.  The old gang will all be there.  And no pants allowed.

I await valhalla
Reply/Quote
ALS is weird. My granddad was diagnosed and it took a year or so before he was almost unable to use anything below the neck. We thought that was it. He survived another decade or so.

But glad to hear that otherwise it sounds like things are going good.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:27 AM)eoxyod Wrote: So obviously my visits here are very sporadic. This comes from a large number of reasons.

For starters, school is a *****. Studying for physical therapy is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and it's hitting me like a ton of bricks. As I'm typing this I'm just taking a break from studying the urinary system for the 10th time. I get to pull an all nighter while on Concerta and work for 2 tests tomorrow that will leave me with no brain left

Secondly, for those who don't know, I'm now in a fraternity. It's been so exciting and eye opening. Besides the parties and fun side of it, helping plan philanthropy events and running our public relations has been another challenge I never thought I'd be able to handle. However, I've been able to do super well for all this and help a ton of people out. As a result, I've been voted in as our Chaplain, which is the 3rd highest ranking position in the fraternity. This means I'll be on here even less due to my need to constantly be focused on brotherhood events, event planning, and making sure the fraternity runs with the love I want it to.

Thirdly, my dad has taken a turn for the worse. Some may or may not know but my father was diagnosed with ALS. He is currently paralyzed from the neck down and can't move his head anymore. He slowly is getting to where he can't talk and taking care of him once a week is physically and emotionally draining. He'll most likely pass in the next 6 months which feels so odd and I feel so neutral about it for some reason.

Fourthly, I was recently diagnosed with ADHD. This is not surprising to anyone I know but I do find it quite funny as my mother has said she basically noticed it since I was in middle school. But my mother is one of those people who doesn't take me to the doctor unless I'm dying so it took until 4 years into college and on my own to just say **** it and go

SO it's been a craazy up and down time and all of these things are shaped to take full form in 2017. This, along with the fact football (Especially the Bengals) just aren't entertaining me as much as I used to means I'll cease to exist in the eyes of the board. But I'm excited and intrigued as to what this upcoming year will have in store. As mentioned in one of the best Disney songs of all time:

Enjoy everything y'all and keep being beautiful people. Don't let the Bengals have any sort of effect on your mood

Some crazy ups and downs. Things to be proud of, and things taking a toll on you.

I'm sorry about your dad, I couldn't imagine dealing with that. You're strong for that.

Hope you continue to move forward in life and accomplish more than you ever dreamed of man.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Luck Eoxyod. Your in your time, that you will look back upon in your life and ponder. These are the moments that give us confidence and strength in our future endeavors. These times remind us going forward, there is no mountain high enough. I'm very sorry to hear about your father and I totally understand the neutral feeling you are experiencing. It's a pretty normal feeling many feel when they see something unfolding they have zero control over. You have him today, which is what is important. Take care of yourself and always do your best, it's all you can do.

Reply/Quote
Eox - Best of luck with everything you're doing and all the things on your plate entering the new year.

I also want to personally thank you for finding the time, given your crazy schedule, to serve as a moderator for our first year here.  I know it wasn't easy and your efforts were much appreciated! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 05:10 PM)Benton Wrote: ALS is weird. My granddad was diagnosed and it took a year or so before he was almost unable to use anything below the neck. We thought that was it. He survived another decade or so.

But glad to hear that otherwise it sounds like things are going good.

My dad will more than likely still pass though. We can't afford to really keep him alive financially and we don't have the experience to do the more advanced stuff for him.

Anyways, thank you for the kind words everyone. It's much appreciated. It's gonna be a good time for everyone y'all
Reply/Quote
Good to see ya around. Good luck with all of the positives and congrats on getting elected chaplain.

As for your dad, I'm sorry to hear about that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 05:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Good to see ya around. Good luck with all of the positives and congrats on getting elected chaplain.

As for your dad, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Overall I'm more just excited for what's ahead. With my dad, I just know his suffering will be over and he literally will end up in a more peaceful and better place regardless of what people's beliefs are
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear of your father's situation.

You will be missed, and best of luck on the road ahead of you.

Even though you won't have much time to stop by, we'll still appreciate an occasional update!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:27 AM)eoxyod Wrote: For starters, school is a *****. Studying for physical therapy is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life and it's hitting me like a ton of bricks.

You need a safe space.
Reply/Quote
Do as much as you can for yourself now while you can. When you get older you won't have the time or energy to accomplish what you would've wanted for yourself. Sorry to hear about your dad, hope all turns out for the best! God Bless!
Reply/Quote
wish you the best bud, ill keep your dad in my prayers.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote