Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Likely 2020 NFL Draft Hat
(03-21-2020, 01:12 AM)McC Wrote: Oh, come on.  It can't touch the Raiders.  Or the Saints.  Or the Bears.  Or the Chiefs.  Or the Niners.  When people other than Bengal fans rank them, the stripeys nearly always finish last or close to it.

I admit I'm biased because I don't like the color orange.  The fruit is great, the color not so much.

Huh... interesting.

The only compliment (and I mean the ONLY COMPLIMENT) I ever got while growing up a Bengals fan in the 90’s was something along the lines of “well, at least you guys have cool helmets”.

Even to this day, I feel like most people I talk to love the Bengal helmets
Reply/Quote
Helmet rankings from random sites.

This site ranks them the 6th best: https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/06/27/ranking-the-32-team-helmets-from-worst-to-best/28/

10th best: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/ranking-the-best-and-worst-nfl-helmets-from-1-to-32-102616

31st, ouch: https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2019/6/23/18713461/nfl-power-rankings-ranking-all-32-nfl-helmets-from-worst-to-first-browns-steelers-cowboys-raiders

24th: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/968834-23-new-york-jets#slide8

Just like us, opinions are all over the place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:33 AM)McC Wrote: The Vikes are okay, though I'm not much on purple.  We'll agree to disagree on orange, whether it's unis or the color of our dining room or cars or anything other than the fruit and my love of them has nothing to do with the color.

The Bears are classic and legendary and black is always cool.  Red and gold is boring?  We disagree on that too.  And the chiefs...I love the red.

So, if the tiger is beautiful, use the beauty, helmet and logo.  The striped helmet has just gotten old and I hate the awful associations that come with it.

I mentioned the white and black tiger they used to have on the sidelines.  That was a beautiful animal and the beauty was amplified by the rarity of it.  How come they never brought an orange and black tiger?  And the white and black tiger never looked a damn thing like a zebra.

IMO, the color rush unis are the best Bengal unis of all time--clean, striking, would become classic.  The only thing that ruined them was the damn stripey pumpkin helmets.  Orange helmets just remind me too much of the Browns.

And who says if you're team mascot  is a Bengal, which is a tiger, that your colors have to be pumpkin and black?  Clemson is orange and blue.  LSU is blue and gold.   Memphis is blue and white, for crying out loud.

But the biggest reason to ditch the goofy helmets is the negative connotations associated with them.  Let's find something that does not symbolize failure.

I love the current helmets, but would still be open to a change for exactly the reason you are stating.  When they last changed them, they had gone on a run of mediocrity.  When they first switched, it was associated with two of the closest Super Bowls in history (albeit losses) in 8 years.  

I am for change.  I like the stripes, but might want to redesign them a bit and add a logo of the tiger face...with mean eyes and teeth....not quite as big as the one posted.  I would love to see some real artistic renderings and vote on them, but I think for sentimental reasons, they won't be changing them any time soon.  I just wish it had a bit more of a modern spin and maybe a more metallic color....
Reply/Quote
Don’t f with the helmets. Ever.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
The first post Twitter leak was incorrect. These are the actual hats.

https://www.neweracap.com/SPORTS/NFL/NFL-DRAFT/c/SPONFLDRA

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The first post Twitter leak was incorrect. These are the actual hats.

https://www.neweracap.com/SPORTS/NFL/NFL-DRAFT/c/SPONFLDRA

Thoughts?

I like them. Especially the Who Dey on the side. Good looking hat.

Reply/Quote
I find it ironic that our "color" rush uniforms are black and white. Sorry, but they're hideous!
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:31 AM)Mer Wrote: I find it ironic that our "color" rush uniforms are black and white. Sorry, but they're hideous!

Our color rush uniforms are the best in the league. I just wish they could use a white helmet with black stripes with them (they can't)
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Our color rush uniforms are the best in the league. I just wish they could use a white helmet with black stripes with them (they can't)

They look fine with the orange helmets. I’ve never understood this complaint. Not sure how the color rush came into this anyway though...

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 10:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I like them. Especially the Who Dey on the side. Good looking hat.

For sure, Burrow is going to make this hat look good.

[Image: 1__51_.png]
Reply/Quote
I love the stripes. Admittedly it is more a sentimental thing for me as it hearkens back to the glory days of our franchise and some warm childhood memories. I could see updating the stripes but keeping the overall design untouched.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2020, 08:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Our color rush uniforms are the best in the league. I just wish they could use a white helmet with black stripes with them (they can't)
Pass. We're the only ones who would associate that with a white Bengal tiger. To everyone else, they'd be the Cincinnati Zebras...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote