Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Likely 2020 NFL Draft Hat
(03-20-2020, 04:29 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Pittsburgh Pirates is a P, but that might be cheating.

Cheating and Pittsburgh do go hand in hand.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 04:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Give me this!
[Image: Lf8cNw2.jpg]

I could live with that.  Much more updated 21st century take on the theme.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Go with a real tiger. And have it shredding that old Browns Sprite thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That is cool as farking hell!  I'd be down with that!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 04:10 PM)McC Wrote: And how many of them play in the NFL?

What fierce animal is an Athletic?  How about Mariner?  What would be an alternate logo for a Mariner?  A guy in a raincoat on the deck of a ship?  Ooh, how scary is that?

I'll have to concede Marlin, who, btw, are the Miami Marlins, so the M works for the city.  

How about a Pacer?  A car?

But we're talking about a damn tiger, for crying out loud.  Go with the ferocity.  Seems obvious.  

Logos are not supposed to be scary.

What is scary about a "G", or a "NY", or an "SF", or a "C", or a "T"(in some sort of flaming ball??), or a fleur de lise, or a horseshoe, or a star?
Reply/Quote

Now we're talkin!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Logos are not supposed to be scary.

What is scary about a "G", or a "NY", or an "SF", or a "C", or a "T"(in some sort of flaming ball??), or a fleur de lise, or a horseshoe, or a star?

None of them are tigers.  Tigers are scary.  Argue that.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 04:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Logos are not supposed to be scary.

I really don't want to see a logo for what a "Packer" is...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote

The challenge with designing helmets/uniforms is the differences in what fans will like. I don’t like this helmet at all. Too busy and the tiger head is too big. Just the tiger on a black helmet would be cool.
Reply/Quote

I'd pass on that. 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: How goofy is it that a team with one of the fiercest creatures in the animal kingdom as its mascot has a damn capital B as its logo?

Not goofy at all. It’s a sharp logo.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:59 PM)McC Wrote: Rebranding for the Burrow era is an excellent idea.  I'm with you on that.

And I've heard it said and seen it written more and more lately that the stripey helmet has become symbolic for ineptitude and failure and I kind of agree.  They want a New Dey, make it a whole new day.

Do whatever you want to the uniforms (preferably revert to something similar to the late 90’s), but DO NOT EVER change the helmets... ever.

Easily the best in sports history
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: How goofy is it that a team with one of the fiercest creatures in the animal kingdom as its mascot has a damn capital B as its logo?

Could be worse. The Seahawks logo looks like a cross between an airline logo and a constipated cartoon bird, instead of an intimidating bird of prey.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 11:46 PM)Ravage Wrote: Could be worse. The Seahawks logo looks like a cross between an airline logo and a constipated cartoon bird, instead of an intimidating bird of prey.

It might be intimidating if you're a fish.  J/K.  But you're point is well taken.  Seahawks fly over and say what the hell is that supposed to be when they see the logo.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 04:04 PM)Mer Wrote: I have to agree with you. Best helmet in the league. Why would anyone want to have a black and white uniform? 

Personally I prefer the orange jersey with black pants. Best combo they've got.

WhoDey2  I agree. I've said this for years. The other thing they need to do is get rid of the white pants. Black pants home/away... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 09:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Do whatever you want to the uniforms (preferably revert to something similar to the late 90’s), but DO NOT EVER change the helmets... ever.

Easily the best in sports history

Oh, come on.  It can't touch the Raiders.  Or the Saints.  Or the Bears.  Or the Chiefs.  Or the Niners.  When people other than Bengal fans rank them, the stripeys nearly always finish last or close to it.

I admit I'm biased because I don't like the color orange.  The fruit is great, the color not so much.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:12 AM)McC Wrote: Oh, come on.  It can't touch the Raiders.  Or the Saints.  Or the Bears.  Or the Chiefs.  Or the Niners.  When people other than Bengal fans rank them, the stripeys nearly always finish last or close to it.

I admit I'm biased because I don't like the color orange.  The fruit is great, the color not so much.

Raiders and Saints are cool, but the rest you named are boring as can be. To me the best helmets are ours, Saints, Vikes, and the Falcons.

I think the color orange looks great for uniforms. The Philadelphia Flyers have a awesome jerseys (even though I hate that team). Clemson’s are sharp, too.

You mentioned how fierce Bengal tigers are, they’re also one of the most beautiful animals on the planet.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 01:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Raiders and Saints are cool, but the rest you named are boring as can be. To me the best helmets are ours, Saints, Vikes, and the Falcons.

I think the color orange looks great for uniforms. The Philadelphia Flyers have a awesome jerseys (even though I hate that team). Clemson’s are sharp, too.

You mentioned how fierce Bengal tigers are, they’re also one of the most beautiful animals on the planet.

The Vikes are okay, though I'm not much on purple.  We'll agree to disagree on orange, whether it's unis or the color of our dining room or cars or anything other than the fruit and my love of them has nothing to do with the color.

The Bears are classic and legendary and black is always cool.  Red and gold is boring?  We disagree on that too.  And the chiefs...I love the red.

So, if the tiger is beautiful, use the beauty, helmet and logo.  The striped helmet has just gotten old and I hate the awful associations that come with it.

I mentioned the white and black tiger they used to have on the sidelines.  That was a beautiful animal and the beauty was amplified by the rarity of it.  How come they never brought an orange and black tiger?  And the white and black tiger never looked a damn thing like a zebra.

IMO, the color rush unis are the best Bengal unis of all time--clean, striking, would become classic.  The only thing that ruined them was the damn stripey pumpkin helmets.  Orange helmets just remind me too much of the Browns.

And who says if you're team mascot  is a Bengal, which is a tiger, that your colors have to be pumpkin and black?  Clemson is orange and blue.  LSU is blue and gold.   Memphis is blue and white, for crying out loud.

But the biggest reason to ditch the goofy helmets is the negative connotations associated with them.  Let's find something that does not symbolize failure.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:33 AM)McC Wrote: The Vikes are okay, though I'm not much on purple.  We'll agree to disagree on orange, whether it's unis or the color of our dining room or cars or anything other than the fruit and my love of them has nothing to do with the color.

The Bears are classic and legendary and black is always cool.  Red and gold is boring?  We disagree on that too.  And the chiefs...I love the red.

So, if the tiger is beautiful, use the beauty, helmet and logo.  The striped helmet has just gotten old and I hate the awful associations that come with it.

I mentioned the white and black tiger they used to have on the sidelines.  That was a beautiful animal and the beauty was amplified by the rarity of it.  How come they never brought an orange and black tiger?  And the white and black tiger never looked a damn thing like a zebra.

IMO, the color rush unis are the best Bengal unis of all time--clean, striking, would become classic.  The only thing that ruined them was the damn stripey pumpkin helmets.  Orange helmets just remind me too much of the Browns.

And who says if you're team mascot  is a Bengal, which is a tiger, that your colors have to be pumpkin and black?  Clemson is orange and blue.  LSU is blue and gold.   Memphis is blue and white, for crying out loud.

But the biggest reason to ditch the goofy helmets is the negative connotations associated with them.  Let's find something that does not symbolize failure.

I’ll agree with you on one thing, our color rush are great. My favorite jersey we have. And currently the only one I own.

As far as negative association on the helmets, it’s also the helmet we wore for 2 SB appearances, 5 straight trips to the playoffs, 2 MVPs, and a HoF LT.

It’s so much better than the original helmets it’s not even funny. Those things were truly awful.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2020, 02:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll agree with you on one thing, our color rush are great. My favorite jersey we have. And currently the only one I own.

As far as negative association on the helmets, it’s also the helmet we wore for 2 SB appearances, 5 straight trips to the playoffs, 2 MVPs, and a HoF LT.

It’s so much better than the original helmets it’s not even funny. Those things were truly awful.

Yes, but nobody ever talks about the SB's or the two MVP's and they rarely talk about the 5 straight playoffs and they only bring up the HOFer to poke fun at there only being one.  It just feels to me like the helmet's time has come and gone.

Reply/Quote