Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linderbaum
(04-15-2022, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all of the free agent additions to the OL, I really, really don't see the Bengals going OL in the 1st round this season.  They spent that money solidifying veterans for a reason, they have other concerns for the draft.

Well we added some good pieces but no depth behind our starters besides what we already had that wasn't all that good. Plus one of those starters is a player who wasn't good enough to start last year. If one of those of those main guys are there at 31 they should take them. If they don't then they should be drafting one on day 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 09:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well we added some good pieces but no depth behind our starters besides what we already had that wasn't all that good. Plus one of those starters is a player who wasn't good enough to start last year. If one of those of those main guys are there at 31 they should take them. If they don't then they should be drafting one on day 2.

I don't have an issue taking an OL if they are the BPA, but we have 5 OL that are still very early in their development curves.  We have three OL entering their 2nd years and two entering their 3rds. There is absolutely no reason we should be looking to draft an OL anywhere in this draft unless they are bpa.  Drafting more young guys to try and develop along with our current young guys isn't doing a lot to secure quality depth.  There are still a lot of solid OL available in FA and we have plenty of cap space if we aren't comfortable with our depth.  JC Tretter, Trent Brown, Eric Fisher, Matt Paradis, Ereck Flowers, Nate Solder, Riley Reiff, Quentin Spain, Marcus Cannon, Mike Remmers, Trai Turner, and more would be good starter/depth options.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:09 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't have an issue taking an OL if they are the BPA, but we have 5 OL that are still very early in their development curves.  We have three OL entering their 2nd years and two entering their 3rds. There is absolutely no reason we should be looking to draft an OL anywhere in this draft unless they are bpa.  Drafting more young guys to try and develop along with our current young guys isn't doing a lot to secure quality depth.  There are still a lot of solid OL available in FA and we have plenty of cap space if we aren't comfortable with our depth.  JC Tretter, Trent Brown, Eric Fisher, Matt Paradis, Ereck Flowers, Nate Solder, Riley Reiff, Quentin Spain, Marcus Cannon, Mike Remmers, Trai Turner, and more would be good starter/depth options.  

Well I think if Linderbaum, Zion or Green are there they probably will be BPA at the time. Most likely the corners worthy of 31 will be gone. I'd be fine if they made some more moves in free agency and really I wish they would. But our areas of need seem to be deep or were in a good position to get them early in this draft and maybe they'll wait until after the draft.
Reply/Quote
I'd probably be fine drafting Linderbaum at 31. He's a good fit value-wise there.

As for what would bother me about it, well, it would basically mean they've lost faith in a guy they spent a second round pick on last season. That hurts in terms of value and long-term team building. It also continues the steak of them being abysmal at drafting linemen, which would make me question their evaluation of Linderbaum as well. I want Carman to be a starter here if he's ready, and he allegedly lost about 50 pounds since the start of camp. I'm just not sure he's earned anyone's trust yet, and even with the rebuild up front, it leaves a huge hole at LG if he busts in year 2. I guess there's always Spain.

I like Linderbaum a lot as an athlete. I get Billy Price vibes when I hear discussions about his arm length, but I don't think Billy was nearly as explosive out of his stance as Linderbaum.

I suppose at the end of the day, it comes down to whether or not you think the huge athletic upside that Linderbaum possesses is enough to counter the fearsome DL he will face as a rookie in the AFC North. Those guys are huge and they have plenty of league experience to throw at a physically overmatched rookie of that's the case. I put a lot of stock in Tyler's experience in a wide zone at Iowa. In the same vein, it shouldn't go by the wayside that OL from that program rarely disappoint at the pro level. James Daniels was small coming out and we were all slobbering over him when he became a free agent after his rookie deal, so size isn't everything. Guys from Ferentz's system have the technical ability to get by with non-elite size in some cases, and I think Linderbaum is a much better natural athlete than Daniels. I'd just like a bit more in terms of physical measurables from a guy that's going to be protecting arguably the most important player in the history of this franchise in the prime of his career.

In summary, I'm not ride or die with him, but I'm good with the pick if it happens.
Reply/Quote
I’m comfortable taking Linderbaum at 31. My preference is a top CB tho if one is there. I think there is decent depth at IOL in third round. But Linderbaum/Green/Zion gives them a chance to have a very good I line. Right now they have a good one and it’s better than last year but it’s not a great line. They need a C/LG. A guy to compete with Carmen. Ideally a C who can either back up Karras or kick him to LG. This also saves a roster spot as you can dump Hill and go with 9 O-Line. I think they will be carrying heavy on dline and TE this year and maybe S.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 11:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We shouldn’t let Price scare us away from drafting another 1st round center. That would be like letting the Ross pick stop us from taking Chase. Linderbaum’s tape is way better than Price’s was (and he actually tested), plus he’s coming from a school known to produce top OL players in the NFL - unlike OSU.

You're outta your mind to suggest OSU don't put out top shelf nfl offensive line talent.

You trolling me?

If not, look it up, what you just said was really dumb.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 12:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Nothing about Linderbaums tape looks anything like billy price. Billy’s highlights show him struggle to block players while Linderbaum shows superior technique and an elite athlete.

And yet somehow price went 15th? overall and it was viewed as a solid pick.

Easy to put on the amazing Kreskin hat after the fact.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:01 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: And yet somehow price went 15th? overall and it was viewed as a solid pick.

21st behind Frank Ragnow, and I didn’t like the pick because his tape looked awful. There was no special hat for me lol
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:06 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 21st behind Frank Ragnow, and I didn’t like the pick because his tape looked awful. There was no special hat for me lol

But as I said, the consensus was that it was a solid pick.  So your keen eye aside, you're aware that there are dudes who are first round graded and don't pan out every single year....I believe they even have a word for it.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:12 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: But as I said, the consensus was that it was a solid pick.  So your keen eye aside, you're aware that there are dudes who are first round graded and don't pan out every single year....I believe they even have a word for it.

I don’t believe Linderbaum will bust in the scheme the bengals run. I see superior technique and athleticism. I never saw that with Prices tape. Injuries aside of course
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 10:58 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: You're outta your mind to suggest OSU don't put out top shelf nfl offensive line talent.

You trolling me?

If not, look it up, what you just said was really dumb.

Oh ok, so you’re an OSU homer then. Nuff said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh ok, so you’re an OSU homer then. Nuff said.

I know last year OSU had a guy go in the 2nd. Otherwise idk anyone else
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 12:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh ok, so you’re an OSU homer then. Nuff said.

I'll give that you don't just not evaluate and decide each pick each year on its own merit...saying another first round center makes ME itchy ain't to say the Bengals should never do it again.  They just gotta be better at it.

As for the "homer", nah dude, that was dumb and completely inaccurate.....just at center alone....Mangold, Elflein, Linsley, Myers.....all outstanding centers in the league although Mangold retired a couple years back now.....but since our crack talent evaluators picked the one dud center outta osu for the Bengals, you blame it on OSU.  Thats funny man. Hilarious

Cincy folk really got an inferiority complex about the Buckeyes.  Poor babies.  We're not gonna stop stealing all your best coaches.  Your welcome for Luke Fickell.....just know we can have him back whenever we want.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 01:45 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I know last year OSU had a guy go in the 2nd. Otherwise idk anyone else

Aint no one talking about last year tho....he threw it out like Osu just not known for ever producing good lineman which is a load of krap as shown just by looking at the center position alone as I did above.

Then you got the next best tackle after Munoz in Orlando Pace.  Jim Lachey anchored the famed Hogs Redskins olines.  Throughout the years and currently saying "osu ain't known for offensive line talent" is 100 percent dumb af.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:09 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't have an issue taking an OL if they are the BPA, but we have 5 OL that are still very early in their development curves.  We have three OL entering their 2nd years and two entering their 3rds. There is absolutely no reason we should be looking to draft an OL anywhere in this draft unless they are bpa.  Drafting more young guys to try and develop along with our current young guys isn't doing a lot to secure quality depth.  There are still a lot of solid OL available in FA and we have plenty of cap space if we aren't comfortable with our depth.  JC Tretter, Trent Brown, Eric Fisher, Matt Paradis, Ereck Flowers, Nate Solder, Riley Reiff, Quentin Spain, Marcus Cannon, Mike Remmers, Trai Turner, and more would be good starter/depth options.  

Nice post Whatever. Would be nice to add FA depth over college depth anyways. The only reason I see us Drafting Linderbaum or
another OL is if there are questions about Carman's back.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:57 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t believe Linderbaum will bust in the scheme the bengals run. I see superior technique and athleticism. I never saw that with Prices tape. Injuries aside of course

I ain't saying I'm opposed to Linderbaum.  I ain't sure we dont need the help elsewhere more after the FA signings and def think bpa is always the best default.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 11:01 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: And yet somehow price went 15th? overall and it was viewed as a solid pick.

I don’t know all of them, just Pace mostly. I’m not discrediting OSU but I feel like Iowa has produced more OL in recent memory than OSU, but Alabama has produced a ton of lineman in the past few years too. Idk.

But I know Linderbaum might not succeed in every blocking scheme, but he could very well be an all pro in Pollacks. If that’s how the Bengals feel then definitely pull that trigger. He’s a freak athlete and this team needs those.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:14 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: I ain't saying I'm opposed to Linderbaum.  I ain't sure we dont need the help elsewhere more after the FA signings and def think bpa is always the best default.

Of course, Corner is 1000% a bigger issue right now, but if the projected DBs aren’t there and the next highest rated guy is Gordon, do you reach if no one wants to trade down, or do you go BPA and take Linderbaum?

My wet dream is other than my wife in tight leggings bringing me beer and steak, is both Booth and Linderbaum falls, bengals take Booth because of positional value, then trade up and take Linderbaum in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:17 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t know all of them, just Pace mostly. I’m not discrediting OSU but I feel like Iowa has produced more OL in recent memory than OSU, but Alabama has produced a ton of lineman in the past few years too. Idk.

But I know Linderbaum might not succeed in every blocking scheme, but he could very well be an all pro in Pollacks. If that’s how the Bengals feel then definitely pull that trigger. He’s a freak athlete and this team needs those.

For sure. Iowa, Bama, Wisconsin, Georgia, Penn State put out good OL.

Not saying OSU puts out terrible OL but they sure haven't been putting out good ones like these teams lately.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 03:28 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Of course, Corner is 1000% a bigger issue right now, but if the projected DBs aren’t there and the next highest rated guy is Gordon, do you reach if no one wants to trade down, or do you go BPA and take Linderbaum?

My wet dream is other than my wife in tight leggings bringing me beer and steak, is both Booth and Linderbaum falls, bengals take Booth because of positional value, then trade up and take Linderbaum in the 2nd.

I like that dream lol

Both could fall, Linderbaum cause of the short arms and Booth cause of the injury concerns. Both might be the best at their positions
in this Draft as far as college play.
Reply/Quote