Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linebackers Look Good In Bengals Mini Camp
(05-26-2019, 10:36 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 14-2 here we come. Bad luck n health kept this team From dominating last year.

Injuries crippled us last year for sure. Hopefully our guys will be in better shape this year with the new conditioning coaches and better preparations in practice.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 06:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yea but the Steelers got rid of 2 big divas so they're probably going to go 14-2.

They still have a big, fat one that is getting older though...

Feel like they will always be competitive until they are not sadly.

The Stains on the other hand need to start winning against good teams before i even give them a thought. So much hype that we have never received even when we went to the Playoffs 5 years in a row. These guys win like 5 games against losing teams and they are being crowned, frickin' hilarious i tell yah.

(05-26-2019, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One possibility I am hearing out of camp is that FA CB B.W. Webb has been lining up in the nickel package with Preston Brown and Nick Vigil as the LBs.  They actually came out in that set as their base...which makes sense as they are usually in nickel 2/3rds of the time.  

Having played for our DC in NY previously, he seems well equipped for the position of backup slot CB and provides depth behind Dennard.  I hope Dennard gets more chances in this role as well.  

Thanks for this SHRacer, if Webb is this trusted by Lou already in the Slot he might be a great get.

Know nothing about the man.

(05-26-2019, 10:28 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I feel good about the LBs coming into this season. If they are as bad as last year I'll be surprised. It's not like we have a roster full of 30+ year old scrubs at LB. We have some young up-and-coming guys and some vets who are going to be healthier than they were last year. We are in great position to improve majorly. I think the coaching overall for the entire team is going to help as well. I see our players being more motivated under the new coaches based on everything I've heard from them so far.

I have said it over and over, needed to get a new LB coach and Tem has a great resume.

No way the Linebackers will be as bad as last season, no way.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 10:36 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 14-2 here we come.  Bad luck n health kept this team From dominating last year.

Tiger We can only hope! I think I heard somewhere that Vegas has the over on the Bengals at 6. I'm going to Vegas in August and I'm going to take that bet--HEAVY $$.

We're hearing about all the good things that are coming out of OTAs. That's great! However, something that hasn't been talked about yet is: Clock management and in-game/halftime adjustments.

I think with ZT/coaches high football IQ, those 2 things get at least 4 wins---maybe more...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have said it over and over, needed to get a new LB coach and Tem has a great resume.

No way the Linebackers will be as bad as last season, no way.

Yes you have and yes we did. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Everything is great. The offense is scoring at will. The defense is shutting down the offense. It's all great!

How can both statements be simultaneously true?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 08:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How can both statements be simultaneously true?

Think he was being sarcastic about believing all the fluff pieces coming out.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 08:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Think he was being sarcastic about believing all the fluff pieces coming out.

Yeah, I get that he was being sarcastic, I'm talking about the fluff that comes out of any stadium. Sometimes you have to wonder....
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: EVERYTHING looks Great! I read the defense looked good. It was ahead of the offense.

The LB's look great. The offensive line. The offense.

Everything is great. The offense is scoring at will. The defense is shutting down the offense. It's all great!

Confused Hilarious

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
They aren't actually tackling yet so...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: EVERYTHING looks Great! I read the defense looked good. It was ahead of the offense.

The LB's look great. The offensive line. The offense.

Everything is great. The offense is scoring at will. The defense is shutting down the offense. It's all great!

(05-28-2019, 10:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Confused Hilarious

I saw that, too.  Then I was thinking, how in the hell does that work??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How useless is news from camp?

Cedric Ogbuehi taking first-team reps at RT for Jaguars

Unprompted, offensive coordinator John DeFilippo praised Ogbuehi’s work this week.

“Cedric Ogbuehi is moving really, really well right now and playing well,” DeFilippo said, via Daniel Popper of TheAthletic.com. “Guys like that, I don’t want to say surprised you because I saw what he did on tape. It wasn’t really surprising, but it’s been pleasant to see his athleticism.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/24/cedric-ogbuehi-taking-first-team-reps-at-rt-for-jaguars/
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How useless is news from camp?

Unprompted, offensive coordinator John DeFilippo praised Ogbuehi’s work this week.

“Cedric Ogbuehi is moving really, really well right now and playing well,” DeFilippo said, via Daniel Popper of TheAthletic.com. “Guys like that, I don’t want to say surprised you because I saw what he did on tape. It wasn’t really surprising, but it’s been pleasant to see his athleticism.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/24/cedric-ogbuehi-taking-first-team-reps-at-rt-for-jaguars/

So what should fans be discussing? I mean I guess we could start Andy Dalton thread #762, but the Gerald McCoy thread already turned into that so why bother?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How useless is news from camp?

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How useless is news from camp?

Just wait till they see how quickly CO moves backwards into the QB...…
Reply/Quote
Yes it is only spring but u can tell some things even in helmets and shorts. You can see if they are lining up properly, do they know their assignments, making the correct adjustments, and how well they cover just to name a few.
Reply/Quote
I realize it's early, but it sounds positive and I'm going to be optimistic. With improved LB's and OL, we CAN compete.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 10:52 PM)NKURyan Wrote: So what should fans be discussing? I mean I guess we could start Andy Dalton thread #762, but the Gerald McCoy thread already turned into that so why bother?

Will Ced make the Pro Bowl with the Jaguars this year? Maybe he just needed a change of scenery.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 09:14 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Yes it is only spring but u can tell some things even in helmets and shorts. You can see if they are lining up properly, do they know their assignments, making the correct adjustments, and how well they cover just to name a few.

I'd add technique also.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone besides Finley ever sucked in just shorts. Jesus even Ogbuehi is getting love. Fml
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I saw that, too.  Then I was thinking, how in the hell does that work??

Haha! That's the point!
Reply/Quote