Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Attempting To Trade Up For Chase?
(04-28-2021, 02:50 PM)Whatever Wrote: I mean, if they do, they do. I would guess that the Lions have offered a 3rd and Atlanta wants more than that given that they will miss out on the Big 3 by going down to 7.  

Thing is Detroit could stay at 7 and take Smith/Waddle.  If the Big 3 got to Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Miami, they are also in the cat bird's seat as teams will be looking to trade in front of Carolina for QB4.

We could be there too.  Trade 5 to 7 and then 7 to 9 with Denver.  Take Slater at 9 and the multiple extra picks.  This team needs more than one OL or WR
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:07 PM)spazz70 Wrote: We could be there too.  Trade 5 to 7 and then 7 to 9 with Denver.  Take Slater at 9 and the multiple extra picks.  This team needs more than one OL or WR

DEN just traded 6th round pick for Bridgewater.
Gotta wonder if this means they won't go after a QB this year or if they go for someone raw like Trey Lance to learn behind Bridgewater for a year or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: DEN just traded 6th round pick for Bridgewater.
Gotta wonder if this means they won't go after a QB this year or if they go for someone raw like Trey Lance to learn behind Bridgewater for a year or two.

Schefter's Tweet says QB still in play.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 04:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Schefter's Tweet says QB still in play.

I saw that it doesn't take QB out of play, but it might mean the Broncos aren't willing to trade up just to get one.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Says alot about a prospect when teams are trying to move up into the top 5 to take him.

My thoughts exactly...

Reply/Quote
If Chase is gone, we take Sewell and breath a sigh of relief that we are protecting our best player.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Lions really should trade up to get Chase, as their WR depth chart is atrocious.
Breshad Perriman, Tyrell Williams, and that's really it.
If Chase makes it to 5, perhaps the Lions will offer enough for the Bengals to move back.

If the Bengals did trade with DET, what would you say is fair compensation?
Would DET's 3rd and 4th rounders be enough? Or would the 2nd rounder (or 2022 1st) have to be included?
(FWIW, trade value chart says fair compensation to move up from 7 to 5 is just the Lions' 3rd rounder)

To get me to move off that spot to #7, I would require their 2nd rounder and I would need to see Chase, Sewell, and Pitts still all on the board.  In other words, I'm not doing it.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To get me to move off that spot to #7, I would require their 2nd rounder and I would need to see Chase, Sewell, and Pitts still all on the board.  In other words, I'm not doing it.  

Exactly. If Cincinnati is completely sold on Chase and DET wants him, they better give at least a 2nd and yeah, guarantee us one of the big 3.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Tiger

As long as they pick Sewell I can go to bed by 9:30.
Wouldn't need to watch the rest of round one after that. Rock On

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
If the Bengals draft Chase or Pitts, they potentially have an explosive weapon on offense to help both the passing game, and by extension the running game. If the Bengals draft Sewell, they potentially have an enforcer who helps both the passing game and running, albeit in a different manner. If they trade down, they potentially still land an impact player and additional opportunities for more contributors. I don't see how they lose in any of those three cases. I have my own preference, but I'm all in on whoever the pick is.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Lions are in position to get Smith, Waddle.  If there is not much gap between Chase and others, why are Lions trying to move ahead of Bengals?

Maybe they want Sewell and think the Chase stuff is just smoke.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: To get me to move off that spot to #7, I would require their 2nd rounder and I would need to see Chase, Sewell, and Pitts still all on the board.  In other words, I'm not doing it.  

If QBs went 1-4, I would slide to 7 for a 3rd rounder, provided that I have similar grades on Sewell, Pitts and Chase.
Reply/Quote
It seems like the few times the Bengals traded back they ended up really botching the pick. I still remember them trading back and picking Chris Perry over Stephen Jackson because they had similar grades lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:25 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: It seems like the few times the Bengals traded back they ended up really botching the pick.   I still remember them trading back and picking Chris Perry over Stephen Jackson because they had similar grades lol.

That was when Mike Brown was still running the show and definitely one of his many botched picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:58 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If QBs went 1-4, I would slide to 7 for a 3rd rounder, provided that I have similar grades on Sewell, Pitts and Chase.

Makes total sense, but I have such a high grade on Chase that I don't want to risk losing him.  I'm staying put.  If someone jumps to #4 to take him, then I would entertain offers. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 02:07 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Makes total sense, but I have such a high grade on Chase that I don't want to risk losing him.  I'm staying put.  If someone jumps to #4 to take him, then I would entertain offers. 

Interesting that you have him held in that regard.  For me, he's interchangeable with Smith and Waddle.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Interesting that you have him held in that regard.  For me, he's interchangeable with Smith and Waddle.

I had Chase and Smith pretty close in the beginning of draft season, but Smith basically choosing not to participate in any off-season testing makes me think he may be hiding something, as well as his terrible weigh in.

Waddle has injury concerns and nowhere close to the production of the other two.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:21 PM)Whatever Wrote: I had Chase and Smith pretty close in the beginning of draft season, but Smith basically choosing not to participate in any off-season testing makes me think he may be hiding something, as well as his terrible weigh in.

Waddle has injury concerns and nowhere close to the production of the other two.

Waddle was the go to guy before Smith.  As a prospect it seems that he is more highly regarded.

I don't see much difference between the 3.  A slight nod to Chase, but I''d be happy with any of them depending on the circumstance.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 03:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Waddle was the go to guy before Smith.  As a prospect it seems that he is more highly regarded.

I don't see much difference between the 3.  A slight nod to Chase, but I''d be happy with any of them depending on the circumstance.

Respectfully I think you are on an island in thinking there's not much difference in Smith and Chase. Chase weighs 30 pounds more, is faster and without a doubt stronger. I'm not sure what metric you would use to justify Smith is close to Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 04:11 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Respectfully I think you are on an island in thinking there's not much difference in Smith and Chase. Chase weighs 30 pounds more, is faster and without a doubt stronger. I'm not sure what metric you would use to justify Smith is close to Chase.

Actual on field performance.  It seems most people ignore that these days and just look at all the wonderful workouts people have.

117 Catches 1800 yards and 23 TDs in 13 games, including the most dominant half of WR play I've ever seen in the biggest game of the year.
Reply/Quote