Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Game Predictions
I know, I know: the debacle in Minny ended just a few hours ago, and there's already a thread about next week's game? But, someone is going to start this thread, and as the only avowed Lions fan (to my knowledge) on this board, I would therefore like the honor of starting it.

Two weeks ago I was wondering how the Lions would blow this game. Figured it would be a typical late season choke job on their part. I've seen it too many times to ignore. But, after what I witnessed today on television, and what I witnessed at the Bears' game last week in person, I can't see the Lions losing next week. Maybe the following week, but not next week.

The Bengals have quit. Merv is lying about leaving, it sounds like the players and FO were somewhat blind-sided about the whole thing, and there will be no home field advantage whatsoever from a half-absent, apathetic PBS crowd. Stafford will have a field day, and the Lions romp.

Lions 37
Bengals 9
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just let it be over.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:37 PM)Utts Wrote: Just let it be over.

Yeah, probably many thinking that going into the game.  Mixed feelings as I'll be sitting there in person, in Bengal gear, no less.  

When the schedule came out I was so psyched about this game. Not so much anymore. 
Reply/Quote
This will be the signature Lewis win the last two meaningless games to keep his job wins..  I'd almost bet on it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Two weeks in a row this team quits. Won’t be pretty vs a hungry team
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Ugliness ensues !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:55 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Two weeks in a row this team quits. Won’t be pretty vs a hungry team

I predict half the team, and Marvin Lewis don't even show up... Even if they do, they will get mopped by Detroit.

Lions 27
Bengals 0
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Aww poor Ben and Pittsburgh

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
who cares
Reply/Quote
I predict Marvin actually falls asleep on the sideline standing up during the game due to his complete lack of interest. The rest of the team is caught on film playing solitaire to pass the time during the game waiting for their next paycheck.
Reply/Quote
Better yet, lets post how many people you think will be at the game...

My pick
45,945 announced
25,276 actual
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:30 PM)corpjet Wrote: Better yet, lets post how many people you think will be at the game...

My pick
45,945 announced
25,276 actual

Yeah, attendance is gonna nosedive.  So many were probably already guys getting heat from their wives for ignoring the family on Christmas Eve to go to a football game, and now the game is beyond meaningless to the Bengals.  Guessing more than a few just decide to give in to the wife, eat the tickets and stay home.   Announced will be 50k, with actual around 35k.
Reply/Quote
That this game will unfortunately be played
Reply/Quote
I predict that the combined score of the two teams will be greater than the number of butts in the seats.

The Bengals will contribute about 3 of those points. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:30 PM)corpjet Wrote: Better yet, lets post how many people you think will be at the game...

My pick
45,945 announced
25,276 actual

How many Lions fans?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I predict that the combined score of the two teams will be greater than the number of butts in the seats.

The Bengals will contribute about 3 of those points. Mellow

Well we all know those three points will come before halftime.

They did get all crazy and score in the second half today though... I guess.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 08:37 PM)Utts Wrote: Just let it be over.

Agree,

This team has totally quit, sad. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:21 PM)jason Wrote: How many Lions fans?

No that many.  They don't travel.  Given our sparse turnout, though, it will probably look like quite a few.

The funny thing is, I remember on the old board when we played them back in '13, and the comments were of pity for the Lions' losing ways and how if they persevered they might one day know the success we were having.  

So, yeah, good times.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: No that many.  They don't travel.  Given our sparse turnout, though, it will probably look like quite a few.

The funny thing is, I remember on the old board when we played them back in '13, and the comments were of pity for the Lions' losing ways and how if they persevered they might one day know the success we were having.  

So, yeah, good times.

Feeling pretty good about ourselves back then huh?

Funny thing is, if I remember Dunlap or Hunt or somebody had to block a kick to beat the hapless Lions back then.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:19 PM)jason Wrote: I predict half the team, and Marvin Lewis don't even show up... Even if they do, they will get mopped by Detroit.

Lions 27
Bengals 0
A dozen more Bengal players will opt for IR before the next game.
Reply/Quote