Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of QBs with most passing yards in first four seasons.
(06-16-2015, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, you have won the internet for Andy Dalton by pointing out that he makes the strategic move of leading the league in pick-sixes at a better time than our last QB.  To think, some teams get to talk about Super Bowl rings and we get to puff out our chests over our QB leading the league in pick-sixes in his 2nd year as opposed to our QB that did so in his 7th.

You and the guy who thinks our team has no talent on offense have convinced me that Dalton is da' man.  I just wish they'd trade him to the Bills for four 1st-round picks so he could stop carrying this team on his back and win win win it all!

Regular Season
14,758 passing yards, 99 TD, 66 INT, 61.6 completion percentage, 11 fumbles, 85.2 passer rating
624 rushing yards, 3 YPC, 11 TD, 4 fumbles (1 lost)
1 reception, 18 yards, 1 TD

Playoffs
873 passing yards, 1 TD, 6 INT, 55.7 completion percentage, 57.8 passer rating
92 rushing yards, 5.8 YPC, 0 TDs, 4 fumbles

If those numbers were shown to these big Andy supporters without them realizing they belong to their BFF, what would the comments be? I can't even imagine the insults the guy would get if he wore a black/yellow or purple jersey on Sundays.

I can guarantee there would be no "he's only in his X year!", there would be no "but everyone else on the offense sucks!", there would be no more excuses. That QB would just be considered average or worse by every single one of these guys.

It's come to the point where I can barely give a serious response in an Andy thread now. It has gotten so far out of hand with excuses, I think people forget how much slack they don't give to others around the league, or hell, other players on our own team!
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 02:19 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Regular Season
14,758 passing yards, 99 TD, 66 INT, 61.6 completion percentage, 11 fumbles, 85.2 passer rating
624 rushing yards, 3 YPC, 11 TD, 4 fumbles (1 lost)
1 reception, 18 yards, 1 TD

Playoffs
873 passing yards, 1 TD, 6 INT, 55.7 completion percentage, 57.8 passer rating
92 rushing yards, 5.8 YPC, 0 TDs, 4 fumbles

If those numbers were shown to these big Andy supporters without them realizing they belong to their BFF, what would the comments be? I can't even imagine the insults the guy would get if he wore a black/yellow or purple jersey on Sundays.

I can guarantee there would be no "he's only in his X year!", there would be no "but everyone else on the offense sucks!", there would be no more excuses. That QB would just be considered average or worse by every single one of these guys.

It's come to the point where I can barely give a serious response in an Andy thread now. It has gotten so far out of hand with excuses, I think people forget how much slack they don't give to others around the league, or hell, other players on our own team!

I think some of the excuses are silly and there's definitely some on here who will literally come up with ways to excuse everything bad that Andy has done. That said, some of the excuses are legit. Was the offense inexperienced at first? Yes, but honestly I don't think this needs to be an "excuse" because I was okay with Andy's performance through his first 3 years. Did the running game suck up til last year? Absolutely. Did losing guys like AJ, MLJ, Eifert and Gresh probably hurt Andy's performance last season? Probably.

But blaming Andy's INT's on his receivers is bunk. Saying that Andy will somehow have a breakthrough in year 5 is kinda silly. It's really not likely. There's a few other excuses that have made me smh that I just can't think of at the moment.

As usual, there's 2 sides to this though. Some of the anti-Andy crowd will make up 100 excuses for other QB's when a poor performance is brought up, yet they don't want to hear about any excuses for Andy. Unfortunately, thoughtful discussions about the QB are few and far between because so many take an extreme stance on one side or the other.

It's either "he blows" or "he's thrown for more yards than anyone but Peyton, which means he's awesome". I think it's somewhere in between. He's a competent/average QB who has played a role in the 40 wins over the last 4 years. Probably not as big a role as some think, but probably more than others think.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 03:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think some of the excuses are silly and there's definitely some on here who will literally come up with ways to excuse everything bad that Andy has done. That said, some of the excuses are legit. Was the offense inexperienced at first? Yes, but honestly I don't think this needs to be an "excuse" because I was okay with Andy's performance through his first 3 years. Did the running game suck up til last year? Absolutely. Did losing guys like AJ, MLJ, Eifert and Gresh probably hurt Andy's performance last season? Probably.

But blaming Andy's INT's on his receivers is bunk. Saying that Andy will somehow have a breakthrough in year 5 is kinda silly. It's really not likely. There's a few other excuses that have made me smh that I just can't think of at the moment.

As usual, there's 2 sides to this though. Some of the anti-Andy crowd will make up 100 excuses for other QB's when a poor performance is brought up, yet they don't want to hear about any excuses for Andy. Unfortunately, thoughtful discussions about the QB are few and far between because so many take an extreme stance on one side or the other.

It's either "he blows" or "he's thrown for more yards than anyone but Peyton, which means he's awesome". I think it's somewhere in between. He's a competent/average QB who has played a role in the 40 wins over the last 4 years. Probably not as big a role as some think, but probably more than others think.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

There are definitely guys on the other side of the extreme fence too, I've seen many people say that Andy "sucks" and that we should just give the starting role to a random guy off the streets. I don't see that much of it on these boards though for whatever reason. It seems that a lot of the Anti-Andy guys and the negative trolls didn't follow everybody else to this board and some of them post very rarely compared to their presence on the old board.

I will concede that there were likely more "haters" than random pro-Andy-extremists on the mothership, but this new board has taken quite the turn. Every Andy discussion seems to be dominated by pro-Andy excuses with only a couple of us arguing against them.

I think Andy is a good human being and a decent QB, and I've defended the guy a couple of times on here when I did see someone say that he's not good at all and in the thread about trading him for Kaepernick. To a lot of people, it seems that I'm "anti-Andy" because most discussions are people being crazy, over the top in love with the guy and I try to bring them back down to reality. I'd probably seem like an Andy homer if there were more guys bashing him relentlessly, but I rarely have to defend him here since there isn't much unnecessary bashing anymore.

I don't think I could handle Go-Bengals (not sure if you've seen it over there, but it's bad), there are a ton of guys that spend every moment ripping Andy and that's about all they do, admins and mods included. I was scoping it out when the mothership was closing assuming a lot of guys would be going there, but luckily Holic, WhoDeyWho, and the others made this place such a great experience and it seems like the original board never left. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't though, it's quite interesting to say the least. It's like 50 mulligans all in one place.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, you have won the internet for Andy Dalton by pointing out that he makes the strategic move of leading the league in pick-sixes at a better time than our last QB.  To think, some teams get to talk about Super Bowl rings and we get to puff out our chests over our QB leading the league in pick-sixes in his 2nd year as opposed to our QB that did so in his 7th.

You and the guy who thinks our team has no talent on offense have convinced me that Dalton is da' man.  I just wish they'd trade him to the Bills for four 1st-round picks so he could stop carrying this team on his back and win win win it all!

At no point did I "puff out my chest" in relation to other team's Super Bowl winning QBs.  I did make a point that Palmer had 5 in his seventh season, and Dalton had 4 (which did not lead the league as you said, but I digress) in his second season.  If you don't see the difference in what a QB should be at that point in their careers, then that is a you problem. 

I think Andy has the capability of winning it all this season if the team can stay healthy and they use all their weapons and try to keep them all fresh.  If that makes me a ginger-colored glasses wearing fan in your eyes, so be it.  I choose to see the good that can come from this current team. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 05:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: At no point did I "puff out my chest" in relation to other team's Super Bowl winning QBs.  I did make a point that Palmer had 5 in his seventh season, and Dalton had 4 (which did not lead the league as you said, but I digress) in his second season.  If you don't see the difference in what a QB should be at that point in their careers, then that is a you problem. 

I think Andy has the capability of winning it all this season if the team can stay healthy and they use all their weapons and try to keep them all fresh.  If that makes me a ginger-colored glasses wearing fan in your eyes, so be it.  I choose to see the good that can come from this current team. 

I feel as though my points are being missed, but you admit that you are carrying a bias towards the team's current QB so fair enough.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 05:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: At no point did I "puff out my chest" in relation to other team's Super Bowl winning QBs.  I did make a point that Palmer had 5 in his seventh season, and Dalton had 4 (which did not lead the league as you said, but I digress) in his second season.  If you don't see the difference in what a QB should be at that point in their careers, then that is a you problem. 

lol...so you think that there is no logical explanation of why a player may have a negative trending stat in their 7th season as compared to their 2nd. I do not even know how to get my mind around the stupidity of that thought. Your blind dislike of "the quitter" comes across as blind admiration of the "noodle arm ginger".

Reality is Palmer told a shitty owner to take his money and stick in in his ass...you are offended by this. The same owner told the current QB...I don't really believe in you, here is a contract that lets me wash my hands of you sooner rather than later...and this doesn't offend you. It's clear you are a fan of Mike Brown not the players and thats cool. He is the owner but trying to defend a legacy of losing by blaming everybody but the one guy who has overseen it all is to say the least silly.  

Four straight trips to the playoffs and getting embarrassed is not turning the corner. If you look just a few years further back it is 6 trips to the playoffs only to exit day one. The more current group of players boast a losing record against their division, against teams over .500 and of course playoff teams.

See the sig. It reads as if they are Andy's stats alone, but they are the team stats while he has been here. I only use it to temper the silliness of the "Andy is a very good QB,  looks at his record" argument as if it is his record alone. The figures don't lie but liars figure. It is evident this team is not good against top competition and that includes Andy. He gets the heat because he shrinks the most when the pressure is on. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 08:41 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...so you think that there is no logical explanation of why a player may have a negative trending stat in their 7th season as compared to their 2nd. I do not even know how to get my mind around the stupidity of that thought. Your blind dislike of "the quitter" comes across as blind admiration of the "noodle arm ginger".

Reality is Palmer told a shitty owner to take his money and stick in in his ass...you are offended by this. The same owner told the current QB...I don't really believe in you, here is a contract that lets me wash my hands of you sooner rather than later...and this doesn't offend you. It's clear you are a fan of Mike Brown not the players and thats cool. He is the owner but trying to defend a legacy of losing by blaming everybody but the one guy who has overseen it all is to say the least silly.  

Four straight trips to the playoffs and getting embarrassed is not turning the corner. If you look just a few years further back it is 6 trips to the playoffs only to exit day one. The more current group of players boast a losing record against their division, against teams over .500 and of course playoff teams.

See the sig. It reads as if they are Andy's stats alone, but they are the team stats while he has been here. I only use it to temper the silliness of the "Andy is a very good QB,  looks at his record" argument as if it is his record alone. The figures don't lie but liars figure. It is evident this team is not good against top competition and that includes Andy. He gets the heat because he shrinks the most when the pressure is on. 

You do realize that most QBs have losing records vs good teams right? I mean Dalton has a 40% win rate vs teams .500 record or higher. Even people like Luck only has a .42% win  rate vs teams with a .500 record or higher. Yeah, Luck has won in the playoffs, but honestly both teams they beat were devastated by injuries.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 09:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize that most QBs have losing records vs good teams right? I mean Dalton has a 40% win rate vs teams .500 record or higher. Even people like Luck only has a .42% win  rate vs teams with a .500 record or higher. Yeah, Luck has won in the playoffs, but honestly both teams they beat were devastated by injuries.

If you feel good about telling yourself that ok. Dalton's has a 38.88% win rate vs teams at or above 500...BTW. Just letting you know, it is lower if you look at teams with winning records only. I thought I would throw him a bit of a bone as his stats needed it. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 03:53 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Pretty much agree with all of this.

There are definitely guys on the other side of the extreme fence too, I've seen many people say that Andy "sucks" and that we should just give the starting role to a random guy off the streets. I don't see that much of it on these boards though for whatever reason. It seems that a lot of the Anti-Andy guys and the negative trolls didn't follow everybody else to this board and some of them post very rarely compared to their presence on the old board.

I will concede that there were likely more "haters" than random pro-Andy-extremists on the mothership, but this new board has taken quite the turn. Every Andy discussion seems to be dominated by pro-Andy excuses with only a couple of us arguing against them.

I think Andy is a good human being and a decent QB, and I've defended the guy a couple of times on here when I did see someone say that he's not good at all and in the thread about trading him for Kaepernick. To a lot of people, it seems that I'm "anti-Andy" because most discussions are people being crazy, over the top in love with the guy and I try to bring them back down to reality. I'd probably seem like an Andy homer if there were more guys bashing him relentlessly, but I rarely have to defend him here since there isn't much unnecessary bashing anymore.

I don't think I could handle Go-Bengals (not sure if you've seen it over there, but it's bad), there are a ton of guys that spend every moment ripping Andy and that's about all they do, admins and mods included. I was scoping it out when the mothership was closing assuming a lot of guys would be going there, but luckily Holic, WhoDeyWho, and the others made this place such a great experience and it seems like the original board never left. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't though, it's quite interesting to say the least. It's like 50 mulligans all in one place.

Yeah, it does seem that this board has been pretty pro-Andy so far. I know Corner and Toast Jones (now Wes Mantooth) are anti-Andy guys, but they haven't been posting much it seems. Godfather, Nately and a few others are still around. Even though I have defended Andy a lot, I realize that there's a lot to like and dislike about him, so I prefer for the conversations to be balanced between pro and anti Dalton guys. Otherwise it turns into a big circle jerk.

I was on go-bengals for a couple days before coming here. The mods were cracking jokes about how much Andy talk goes on there, but I really didn't hang around long enough to see it. I'll pass on 50 mulligans though. LOL Mullsy really impressed me with how long he could keep an argument going, but his logic and lines of thinking would change from one day to the next. Whatever made Andy sound worse would be the angle he'd take, whether it made sense or not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 10:33 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: If you feel good about telling yourself that ok. Dalton's has a 38.88% win rate vs teams at or above 500...BTW. Just letting you know, it is lower if you look at teams with winning records only. I thought I would throw him a bit of a bone as his stats needed it. 

No it's actually .4027~. You did the math wrong. You have to do it like this

14.5/36=.4027~

You have to give the .5 for the tie, because it's not a loss or a win. They even add .5 to see who goes into the playoffs if they have the same wins.

Yeah, and ABOVE .500 Dalton is 9-8 which is 52%
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 11:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No it's actually .4027~. You did the math wrong. You have to do it like this

14.5/36=.4027~

You have to give the .5 for the tie, because it's not a loss or a win. They even add .5 to see who goes into the playoffs if they have the same wins.

Yeah, and ABOVE .500 Dalton is 9-8 which is 52%
Well we disagree on that because I was looking for wins against winning teams...not credit for the tie. Your example is accurate in that it is necessary for comparing the record of two teams to determine a playoff berth or a seeding. It is not valid as part of the equation when it is a simple stat. Wins against teams of .500 or better. 
I also am curious of your stats of teams with winning records. We may be using different data. The parameter for what is a .500 team is not based on the record of the team at the end of the year, but at the time the Bengals played them. 
For instance if the Bengals beat a 0-3 Steelers team in week 4 and the steelers then go on to win 9 of the last 12 to be 9-7 then the Bengals do not get credit of beating a .500 or better team. Conversely if the Bengals open the season with the Browns and beat them and the Browns go on to a 4-12 season the bengals get credit for beating a 500 or better team.  See this is called simple relative stats...taking the data at the time of the event rather than judging the event after the aggregate of the season is compiled. 

That why this statement is always true ...Figures don't lie but liars figure. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 10:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, it does seem that this board has been pretty pro-Andy so far. I know Corner and Toast Jones (now Wes Mantooth) are anti-Andy guys, but they haven't been posting much it seems. Godfather, Nately and a few others are still around. Even though I have defended Andy a lot, I realize that there's a lot to like and dislike about him, so I prefer for the conversations to be balanced between pro and anti Dalton guys. Otherwise it turns into a big circle jerk.

I was on go-bengals for a couple days before coming here. The mods were cracking jokes about how much Andy talk goes on there, but I really didn't hang around long enough to see it. I'll pass on 50 mulligans though. LOL Mullsy really impressed me with how long he could keep an argument going, but his logic and lines of thinking would change from one day to the next. Whatever made Andy sound worse would be the angle he'd take, whether it made sense or not.

I'm not sure if I'm anti-Andy so much as a person who points out that Dalton throwing 33 TDs when Peyton Manning is throwing 55 of them isn't quite as impressive as Palmer throwing 1 less TD but leading the entire NFL.  Stuff like that makes me look like I hate Andy Dalton and I want to make sweet love to Carson Palmer while the Bengals play ANYONE else at QB, and MOST of that statement isn't true (I swear!).

Meh, I'm a bit biased but some of the pro-Andy crowd are just SO pro-Andy that pointing out anything that makes him seem not awesome (you know, like his QB ranking compared to his peers?) seems like hater-fueled bashing.  Meh, oh well.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 11:23 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Well we disagree on that because I was looking for wins against winning teams...not credit for the tie. Your example is accurate in that it is necessary for comparing the record of two teams to determine a playoff berth or a seeding. It is not valid as part of the equation when it is a simple stat. Wins against teams of .500 or better. 
I also am curious of your stats of teams with winning records. We may be using different data. The parameter for what is a .500 team is not based on the record of the team at the end of the year, but at the time the Bengals played them. 
For instance if the Bengals beat a 0-3 Steelers team in week 4 and the steelers then go on to win 9 of the last 12 to be 9-7 then the Bengals do not get credit of beating a .500 or better team. Conversely if the Bengals open the season with the Browns and beat them and the Browns go on to a 4-12 season the bengals get credit for beating a 500 or better team.  See this is called simple relative stats...taking the data at the time of the event rather than judging the event after the aggregate of the season is compiled. 

That why this statement is always true ...Figures don't lie but liars figure. 

lol I'm just saying the win %. If you can't add .5 for the tie to the win then you would have to do 14/35= 40%. You can't add the tie fully to a loss, because it wasn't a loss, unless you're the one trying to lie about something. Also The whole thing about what their record was when the Bengals played them is kinda silly. Just because at the time they had a mediocre record doesn't change the fact what their final record was. They have whole seasons for a reason, but I understand you just want to spin things to make Dalton seem worse than what he really is.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 11:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm anti-Andy so much as a person who points out that Dalton throwing 33 TDs when Peyton Manning is throwing 55 of them isn't quite as impressive as Palmer throwing 1 less TD but leading the entire NFL.  Stuff like that makes me look like I hate Andy Dalton and I want to make sweet love to Carson Palmer while the Bengals play ANYONE else at QB, and MOST of that statement isn't true (I swear!).

Meh, I'm a bit biased but some of the pro-Andy crowd are just SO pro-Andy that pointing out anything that makes him seem not awesome (you know, like his QB ranking compared to his peers?) seems like hater-fueled bashing.  Meh, oh well.

Lol. Apologies for mistakenly pegging you an anti-Dalton guy. Fwiw, I kind of figured you were just more irritated with ultra pro-Andy guys than an actual Dalton hater.

I agree that some are a little over the top with their Dalton love.

Btw, we all know you want to have Carson's baby. You're not fooling anyone. LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2015, 05:01 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't think anyone can honestly say Andy Dalton physically is not a good QB. Go watch the Saints game where he just shredded them, and made every throw with ease. The issue with Dalton is being consistent. Take a guy like Manning, or Brady or Rogers. They have bad games too, just like every QB in the league, but their bad games aren't a 2 QBR vs Cleveland.

I honestly believe the difference between Andy Dalton as he is now, and him being in the talks of a top 10 QB is mental. When the pressure mounts, he stumbles. Be it primetime, or playoffs, when the moment is the biggest, Andy doesn't rise to the occasion. That is a mental block of some sort and it's up to the coaches and Dalton to determine how to over come it. He has the physical tools, he was a winner in college, but something has changed in the pros. If they can ever find what it is that is missing in that confidence or "swagger" that Rodgers has, Brady has, etc we really will have a damn fine QB.

I look at Boomer who most fans here love. He wasn't the most talented guy in the league, he was good, but what he really had was that "it" factor. He walked into the huddle and made the guys around him believe they were going to win. Andy needs to find that, and just tap into it.

Dalton doesn't have the arm strength to drive the ball downfield into tight windows, nor does he have the top end accuracy. He's an average QB on a good day who has less margin of error than many NFL starting QB's because of his limited skillset. Andy can win games and be successful, but he'll never be a Top 10 QB in the NFL. He's basically Ryan Fitzpatrick 2.0. Similar talents, similar build, similar propensity for turnovers. Boomer had elite play action passing ability. Combined with a good run game, it was deadly. Nothing about Andy is remotely elite. He's serviceable, but his passing numbers many like to brag on are a result of volume passing under Gruden, and also a function of today's NFL. While Andy may own team yardage records, would anyone on here legitimately choose him as the single franchise QB over Kenny Anderson, Boomer, pre- elbow injury Carson, or even pre-injury Greg Cook?

To put the question another way, how many teams in the NFL would legitimately bench their starter for Andy? Off the top of my head I have Buffalo, the Jets, the Texans, possibly the Rams (not likely), possibly the Bears, possibly the Chiefs (same kind of QB) and possibly the Eagles. All other teams either haver superior QB's, or have recently drafted their franchise QB. That's nowhere near Top 10 country. Combine Andy's easily voidable contract with his maddening inconsistency and it's a situation that the team can easily extricate themselves from if 2015 plays out like 2014.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 08:41 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...so you think that there is no logical explanation of why a player may have a negative trending stat in their 7th season as compared to their 2nd. I do not even know how to get my mind around the stupidity of that thought. Your blind dislike of "the quitter" comes across as blind admiration of the "noodle arm ginger".

A negative trending stat?  That's rich.  You mean like Dalton's fourth year which had a new OC?  BTW, Palmer ran the same offense from day 1.  You think I have a "blind dislike" for Palmer?  What is so blind about a guy that got paid a ton of money in a front loaded contract and walked away from said contract before the conclusion?  I supported him 100% when he was the QB, but no longer.  Instead of making his team a winner, a la Kurt Warner, who took two of the worst franchises in the NFL to Super Bowls, he just quit.  And what has happened since he left?  Four consecutive playoff appearances. 

Your sig makes me laugh.  Here you are on Jungle Noise, but you like to put down the leader of the team with any stat that you feel justifies your attitude.  If you actually watched all four playoff games, Dalton played poorly in the first two.  The second two, he played fairly well.  His team did not play well in any of the four, especially his offensive line and the defense.  Does that mean they both (the defense and offensive line) suck and we should all post the yards and sacks that were allowed by them in our sigs?  Of course not.  But if it gives you some sort of satisfaction being the town crier then boo hoo away.  It really just points to a lack of understanding. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 09:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: You do realize that most QBs have losing records vs good teams right? I mean Dalton has a 40% win rate vs teams .500 record or higher. Even people like Luck only has a .42% win  rate vs teams with a .500 record or higher. Yeah, Luck has won in the playoffs, but honestly both teams they beat were devastated by injuries.

Good point.  You are wasting your time on this one, however.  He just feels better whining about Dalton than looking at the entire team.  I wonder if there were guys like him on Colt message boards saying it was time to move on from Manning given his performances early in his career in the postseason.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:31 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  You are wasting your time on this one, however.  He just feels better whining about Dalton than looking at the entire team.  I wonder if there were guys like him on Colt message boards saying it was time to move on from Manning given his performances early in his career in the postseason.

Not really a good point...no facts to prove it. 

There is only one similarity between Manning and Dalton. They both play QB in the Nfl. To even insinuate that critics of Dalton are similar to critics of Manning just "shows a lack of understanding".
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 08:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  You mean like Dalton's fourth year which had a new OC?  BTW, Palmer ran the same offense from day 1

This would be a better point had Hue not already had a top 10 offense with Jason Campbell, rusty no-playbook Carson Palmer, Michael Bush, and a WR corps I'm sure you couldn't name with a straight face.  
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2015, 05:13 AM):ninja::ninja: BonnieBengal Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/6/2/8715341/most-passing-yards-first-four-seasons

For a guy who everyone says "can't throw," Andy sure has thrown for a lot of yards.   I am rooting for him.  I think he has the talent to put it together and win a playoff game and more  I really want him to succeed.  I'll admit some of my reasons are not football related.  He's a fabulous face for the Bengals, a guy who gives to others and doesn't get in trouble.  A guy who has supported Cincinnati Children's Hospital, which is near and dear to my heart, along with other charities.  So do I want him to succeed?  Absolutely.  I am really rooting for him this year because I think it's his last chance to win a playoff game before the Bengals move on.

Dalton is not dumb. Dalton is of average intelligence, at most. Dalton, as an NFL QB, is not the most cerebral of them all. Dalton keeps thinking that his problem is in his throwing arm, and it isn't. Dalton's problem is significantly correlated to his synaptic functions. He does not think quickly and with clarity. ...and because of that, he panics and makes bad decisions sometimes.

Because he is not on the top end of the "Brainy QBs" list, in order for him to be successful, he must do a lot of repetitive study. ...and even then, he must grow an inch, ... and maybe a couple. 
Reply/Quote