Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listen to Joe Burrow
(09-18-2020, 10:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And last week it was the best duo of D ends...

When do the excuses stop, and the wins start?

It's not excuses, it's reality. When you play the Browns, you know Hunt and Chubb are going to run the ball on you, so you need to put up more points quickly so they have to pass the ball. Our O line did not allow that to happen. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You need to get over that and realize we were facing probably the best running back duo in the league without 2 of our best DT's. Hunt and Chubb are going to put up numbers.... If the offensive line was just a little better, we have more points than the 30 we put up and win that game.

I need to get over that?

It's not like this is something new, and it's unique to the Browns.

They just gave up over 150 to the Chargers whose number 1 back is a receiving back, and the number 2 back is a 4th round rookie.

This is a problem that plagued them all year last season.

If you don't think run defense is just is also a concern, as is the OL, then I don't know what to tell you.

And we're not even getting to other concerns, like the coaching staff and playcalling.  There's a lot more that's wrong with this team than just the right side of the OL.
Reply/Quote
Reader talked about changing the culture and he’s only been here two games. That’s a red flag that he already sees a losing culture. What does that say about ZT?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He doesn’t have much room to talk. He’s supposed to be a premium run stuffer, and so far he’s made very little impact in that respect. Especially for what we’re paying him.

How many snaps is he having to play with Atkins and Daniels out?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How many snaps is he having to play with Atkins and Daniels out?

The Browns were missing a bunch of guys also. These are loser excuses.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:32 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: If you don't think run defense is just is also a concern, as is the OL, then I don't know what to tell you.

I don't, because I realize as soon as Atkins and Daniels are back, it will be much stouter, whereas I'm not really seeing a solution for the right side of the O line.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not excuses, it's reality. When you play the Browns, you know Hunt and Chubb are going to run the ball on you

Baltimore held them to 130 yards and no TD's.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Know who else has never lost back to back games? Andy Dalton.  But Burrow appears displeased to say the least, and from Hobspins fluff it appears Reader is perturbed as well. He said "That can't happen, people have to want to win"  I'm still all in on them getting this fixed and having a good season. 

How has Dalton never lost b2b games but we went 2-14 last year?  Crazy math there 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't, because I realize as soon as Atkins and Daniels are back, it will be much stouter, whereas I'm not really seeing a solution for the right side of the O line.

Geno played the last two seasons, and the run defense was awful. He’s not going to magically fix this.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:41 AM)Big_Ern Wrote: How has Dalton never lost b2b games but we went 2-14 last year?  Crazy math there 

I'm talking about before coming to the Bengals. Dalton went through High School and College without back to back losses, just like Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:39 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Baltimore held them to 130 yards and no TD's.

Baltimore ran the score up so fast the Browns had to throw.....
Reply/Quote
Reader talked about changing the culture and he’s only been here two games. That’s a red flag that he already sees a losing culture. What does that say about ZT?
Reply/Quote
I have no doubt that Atkins and Daniels are better than Covington and Beldsoe, but I'm concerned about our DEs as well. And how much better comes to mind. They all got handled easily last night. The entire DL got their asses handed to them, period.

Burrow is hands down the best player we have. There was just no one else playing with the fire and urgency that he plays with. I know Mixon runs hard and its hard to blame him when he's hit in the backfield every play by multiple players. But Burrow is the man. I feel like Dalton would've had 3 picks and 10 sacks last night. We got to fix this terrible OL for Burrow's sake.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:32 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Reader talked about changing the culture and he’s only been here two games. That’s a red flag that he already sees a losing culture. What does that say about ZT?

I listened to that clip after a mere 3.5 hours of sleep this morning and I actually thought he said we need a coaching change.  I thought that was excitingly on the nose...but alas, not quite.
Reply/Quote
Burrow hasn't been terrible, but he could at least complete a pass over 20 yards. He has had plenty of opportunities through 2 games with a clean pocket. He hits AJ on a deep ball for 2 weeks now we would be sitting at 2-0
Reply/Quote
His deep ball accuracy has to improve, for sure. Some of the passes made to Green the last two weeks were not pretty. That doesn't absolve Green of all blame, mind you.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Burrow hasn't been terrible, but he could at least complete a pass over 20 yards. He has had plenty of opportunities through 2 games with a clean pocket. He hits AJ on a deep ball for 2 weeks now we would be sitting at 2-0

He did. He had a 23 yard TD pass to Uzomah. You really should start checking your facts a bit before posting. This wasn’t quite as bad as “Wentz lit the league on fire his rookie season” but still...

Reply/Quote
I just listened to the post game press conference on Youtube and you can just hear the disappointment in Joe's voice. He said this is the first time in his football career that he has lost 2 games in a row. Combine this with getting constantly getting hit behind a crap OL, watching the D get sliced, no run game, and players dropping passes (yes, he has also made some bad plays too). This has to take a toll of a person and completely deflate them. He keeps saying the right thing and seems to be using it as motivation for now. However, it is so easy to see how this loser mentality franchise can just rub off on anything it touches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov0ZpNUZlH8
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Geno played the last two seasons, and the run defense was awful. He’s not going to magically fix this.

Yes, but they brought in Reader to play beside Geno to fix it, and as soon as Reader gets here Geno gets hurt. It's having them BOTH on the field, along with Daniels, that will fix it.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, but they brought in Reader to play beside Geno to fix it, and as soon as Reader gets here Geno gets hurt. It's having them BOTH on the field, along with Daniels, that will fix it.

We’ll see...

Reply/Quote