Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listening to Bengals Radio?
Back in the day, radio broadcast was on a 7 second delay.

Whenever I've tried to listen to Hoard and Lap, and turn the TV down, they are way farther behind than 7 seconds. Seven seconds I could live with.

Anyone know of a venue that's only 7 seconds behind?

Can't stand listening to the talking head announcers.
Reply/Quote
I listen to the radio feed from Bengals.com on my computer.

If I remember correctly from the Steelers game last week, the feed wasn't too far behind the TV broadcast.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:00 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: I listen to the radio feed from Bengals.com on my computer.

If I remember correctly from the Steelers game last week, the feed wasn't too far behind the TV broadcast.

I will try that on my tablet.
Reply/Quote
You would think in this day and time they could sync the broadcasts.....
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 08:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You would think in this day and time they could sync the broadcasts.....

You would think.....that would be the best of both worlds for us fans.
Reply/Quote
It was almost 30 seconds behind last Sunday. Irritating as a hair in a biscuit..... Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Try to match it up by pausing your DVR
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 01:53 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Try to match it up by pausing your DVR

[Image: kramer-mind-blown.gif]
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Games on TWC via Roku is on a delay that's pretty close to the radio broadcast online ..if that makes sense ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

This works
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This works

Great idea!
Reply/Quote
I would like to stream Dan and Dave while watching the game on DirecTV. Where can I stream ? My beloved WEBN and WTUE from my youth do not stream the game, or at least over I Heart Radio.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 04:24 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: I would like to stream Dan and Dave while watching the game on DirecTV.  Where can I stream ?  My beloved WEBN and WTUE from my youth do not stream the game, or at least over I Heart Radio.

700wlw
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Remember, there is a 7 second delay automatically so the Producer or whoever can get the right camera angle or bleep out bad words.

Then there's an extra 6 seconds if you're watching on satellite. The reason for the extra 6 seconds is because that signal has to travel a long way before it reaches your tv.

So, 7 second delay on purpose, signal is sent to station, sent from station to DirecTV/DishNetwork, sent from satellite service to the satellite in high orbit, sent down to your dish, sent to your Reciever.

This is why MMO's and Xbox Live doesn't work on Satellite.

I forgot a step, when it leaves the station, it goes to their satellite then down to the satellite company's station then sent to their satellite.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I listen on my Siriusxm app and pause the dvr. The Siriusxm app is about 5min behind. So I can't also track stats, but it's better than nothing. Do the same with red zone when the broadcast isn't on in Kansas.
Reply/Quote

I'm the opposite.  My radio broadcast  on 102.7 WEBN in Cinci is about 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.  Although I do have Directv, so I might be splitting the difference due to the satellite feed.  Its kind of nice to hear what happens first, then watch it.  Kind of takes the edge off :)
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 09:36 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I'm the opposite.  My radio broadcast  on 102.7 WEBN in Cinci is about 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.  Although I do have Directv, so I might be splitting the difference due to the satellite feed.  Its kind of nice to hear what happens first, then watch it.  Kind of takes the edge off :)

I agree.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 09:36 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I'm the opposite.  My radio broadcast  on 102.7 WEBN in Cinci is about 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.  Although I do have Directv, so I might be splitting the difference due to the satellite feed.  Its kind of nice to hear what happens first, then watch it.  Kind of takes the edge off :)

You can pause the radio feed on iheart radio...that could get it sync'd up.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2015, 04:24 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: I would like to stream Dan and Dave while watching the game on DirecTV.  Where can I stream ?  My beloved WEBN and WTUE from my youth do not stream the game, or at least over I Heart Radio.

We get the first half off Iheart app using Wtue out of Dayton. Halftime it cuts out. Best I have found
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 07:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Back in the day, radio broadcast was on a 7 second delay.

Whenever I've tried to listen to Hoard and Lap, and turn the TV down, they are way farther behind than 7 seconds.  Seven seconds I could live with.

Anyone know of a venue that's only 7 seconds behind?

Can't stand listening to the talking head announcers.

You could just kill the volume, and do your own commentary. :snark:
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote