Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Listening to Bengals Radio? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Listening to Bengals Radio? (/Thread-Listening-to-Bengals-Radio)

Pages: 1 2

Listening to Bengals Radio? - bengalguy71 - 11-05-2015

Back in the day, radio broadcast was on a 7 second delay.

Whenever I've tried to listen to Hoard and Lap, and turn the TV down, they are way farther behind than 7 seconds. Seven seconds I could live with.

Anyone know of a venue that's only 7 seconds behind?

Can't stand listening to the talking head announcers.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - MoneyCityManiac - 11-05-2015

I listen to the radio feed from Bengals.com on my computer.

If I remember correctly from the Steelers game last week, the feed wasn't too far behind the TV broadcast.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - bengalguy71 - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 08:00 PM)MoneyCityManiac Wrote: I listen to the radio feed from Bengals.com on my computer.

If I remember correctly from the Steelers game last week, the feed wasn't too far behind the TV broadcast.

I will try that on my tablet.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - Sled21 - 11-05-2015

You would think in this day and time they could sync the broadcasts.....

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - bengalguy71 - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 08:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You would think in this day and time they could sync the broadcasts.....

You would think.....that would be the best of both worlds for us fans.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - wildcats forever - 11-05-2015

It was almost 30 seconds behind last Sunday. Irritating as a hair in a biscuit..... Ninja

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - zygrot24 - 11-06-2015

Try to match it up by pausing your DVR

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - Devils Advocate - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 01:53 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: Try to match it up by pausing your DVR

[Image: kramer-mind-blown.gif]

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - grampahol - 11-06-2015

Games on TWC via Roku is on a delay that's pretty close to the radio broadcast online ..if that makes sense ..

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - SHRacerX - 11-06-2015

This works

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - bengalguy71 - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This works

Great idea!

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - FloridaBengal - 12-08-2015

I would like to stream Dan and Dave while watching the game on DirecTV. Where can I stream ? My beloved WEBN and WTUE from my youth do not stream the game, or at least over I Heart Radio.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - Se ky bengal - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 04:24 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: I would like to stream Dan and Dave while watching the game on DirecTV.  Where can I stream ?  My beloved WEBN and WTUE from my youth do not stream the game, or at least over I Heart Radio.

700wlw

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-08-2015

Remember, there is a 7 second delay automatically so the Producer or whoever can get the right camera angle or bleep out bad words.

Then there's an extra 6 seconds if you're watching on satellite. The reason for the extra 6 seconds is because that signal has to travel a long way before it reaches your tv.

So, 7 second delay on purpose, signal is sent to station, sent from station to DirecTV/DishNetwork, sent from satellite service to the satellite in high orbit, sent down to your dish, sent to your Reciever.

This is why MMO's and Xbox Live doesn't work on Satellite.

I forgot a step, when it leaves the station, it goes to their satellite then down to the satellite company's station then sent to their satellite.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - KansasBengal - 12-08-2015

I listen on my Siriusxm app and pause the dvr. The Siriusxm app is about 5min behind. So I can't also track stats, but it's better than nothing. Do the same with red zone when the broadcast isn't on in Kansas.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - LebanonFan - 12-08-2015

I'm the opposite.  My radio broadcast  on 102.7 WEBN in Cinci is about 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.  Although I do have Directv, so I might be splitting the difference due to the satellite feed.  Its kind of nice to hear what happens first, then watch it.  Kind of takes the edge off :)

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - Baby Hawk - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 09:36 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I'm the opposite.  My radio broadcast  on 102.7 WEBN in Cinci is about 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.  Although I do have Directv, so I might be splitting the difference due to the satellite feed.  Its kind of nice to hear what happens first, then watch it.  Kind of takes the edge off :)

I agree.  

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - SHRacerX - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 09:36 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I'm the opposite.  My radio broadcast  on 102.7 WEBN in Cinci is about 10 seconds ahead of the TV broadcast.  Although I do have Directv, so I might be splitting the difference due to the satellite feed.  Its kind of nice to hear what happens first, then watch it.  Kind of takes the edge off :)

You can pause the radio feed on iheart radio...that could get it sync'd up.

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - StLucieBengal - 12-09-2015

(12-08-2015, 04:24 PM)FloridaBengal Wrote: I would like to stream Dan and Dave while watching the game on DirecTV.  Where can I stream ?  My beloved WEBN and WTUE from my youth do not stream the game, or at least over I Heart Radio.

We get the first half off Iheart app using Wtue out of Dayton. Halftime it cuts out. Best I have found

RE: Listening to Bengals Radio? - jason - 12-09-2015

(11-05-2015, 07:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Back in the day, radio broadcast was on a 7 second delay.

Whenever I've tried to listen to Hoard and Lap, and turn the TV down, they are way farther behind than 7 seconds.  Seven seconds I could live with.

Anyone know of a venue that's only 7 seconds behind?

Can't stand listening to the talking head announcers.

You could just kill the volume, and do your own commentary. :snark: