Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Listening to sportcasters right now is hilarious
If you based everything on what these "analysts" say, the Rams are godlike beings and the Bengals are but gnats. It's actually kinda funny as they are WAY overselling the Rams, who barely got by SF courtesy of the 49ers dropping a 4th quarter INT right on the defenders hands. Then again, some of these same analysts oversold the Chiefs and the Titans too.

The reality is this game will likely be tight, really tight. The Bengals will hang right with the Rams and the key could easily be our D getting to Stafford, who may be great against the blitz but if you get real pressure on him he is not that good at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see Mike Hilton and DJ Reader having a really big game on blitz packages. We have not done a lot of that with him this year. He was great at it in Pittsburgh. Rams center will not be able to handle Reader.
Reply/Quote
Yeah if you listen to ESPN and the NFL network their not giving the Bengals much of a chance. Much of this come from Cincinnati issues along the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
Stafford throws picks and has fumbled several times this year. The team is vulnerable, but the problem will be Vonn Miller, Aaron Donald, and Jalen Ramsey. I’m interested to see if the Rams will put Ramsey in an island with Chase and can Chase abuse him like he did Marlon Humphrey
Reply/Quote
Sports is staged Entertainment. They want as many as possible to betting on Rams.

..woohoo! Olympic mixed doubles curling is on!
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of it (besides just being reluctant to actually buy into the Bengals) is because of how overrated the NFC was all season. It looked for a long time like the NFC had 4-6 ELITE teams while the AFC had KC and a bunch of mediocre teams. The 2nd half of the season and the playoffs really showed that the NFC wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.

Rams went 5-4 over their last 9 games of the season. Cardinals tanked hard and didn’t even look like they deserved to be in the playoffs by the time the season ended. Cowboys we’re very hot and cold and choked again. 49ers had Garoppolo at QB. Eagles were right there with the Steelers for worst team in the playoffs, neither scared anybody and both make a good argument for the old 6 team playoff format.

For a long time it seemed like a forgone conclusion the NFC would have an easy path to another SB victory. After watching the way things ended, I’d say the Chiefs were more impressive than any of the NFC teams by the time the playoffs rolled around and we beat them twice. I’d also say the division winners in the AFC were playing as well if not better than the division winners in the NFC by the time the playoffs started.

I feel very good about our chances next weekend. I also love the disrespect, makes the victory that much more enjoyable!
Reply/Quote
Why is it such a bad thing that the Bengals are once again being the underdog to most pundits? They're 2-0 in the playoffs under that scenario.
Reply/Quote
Keep hyping up the Rams until they choke on it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I may have completely misheard it, but it sounded like RG3 said if the Rams don't blow them out, and it stays close, Bengals will win. It was in one of those Facebook reels as I was scrolling thru, and I don't remember what show it was
Reply/Quote
NFL live has been really bad about it. They were interviewing Kelce about the Bengals defence, and he proceeded to talk about how godly Odell was most of the segment. Lol. I hope our boys break the main stream medias' hearts!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you based everything on what these "analysts" say, the Rams are godlike beings and the Bengals are but gnats. It's actually kinda funny as they are WAY overselling the Rams, who barely got by SF courtesy of the 49ers dropping a 4th quarter INT right on the defenders hands. Then again, some of these same analysts oversold the Chiefs and the Titans too.

The reality is this game will likely be tight, really tight. The Bengals will hang right with the Rams and the key could easily be our D getting to Stafford, who may be great against the blitz but if you get real pressure on him he is not that good at all.

The Rams are a good team but not a great team.  Gave up 165 yards to the woeful Ravens in Week 18. Barely beat them. SF beat them by three TD's earlier in the season.  SF was the better team, imo.
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure what Rams team they are talking about. How did they all of a sudden become invincible?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's when we become the favorite we have to start worrying.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Bengals took care of business (in order)

@ Denver (hard to beat at home)
V. Ravens (in playoff hunt)
V. KC (would have likely secured #1 seed with a win)

V. Oakland (took care of the monkey off the back)
@ #1 Tenn
@ #2 KC

The bengals are on a 6 game winning streak, when playing more than 3 starters. This team has figured out ways to win, albeit sometimes not pretty. I think this game will be close. The difference is McVay doesn’t hVe to scheme around a deficiency like the bengals (offensive line). With that said, this isn’t new to this bengals team. They are 6-0 since it was a win or go home scenario.

I also think it’s great the bengals will have the rams locker room. That means although the game is being played in LA, the rams won’t be “as” comfortable.
Reply/Quote
Or are they going to trash their own locker room before the Bengals arrive?
Also, Bengals are 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 11:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you based everything on what these "analysts" say, the Rams are godlike beings and the Bengals are but gnats. It's actually kinda funny as they are WAY overselling the Rams, who barely got by SF courtesy of the 49ers dropping a 4th quarter INT right on the defenders hands. Then again, some of these same analysts oversold the Chiefs and the Titans too.

They really tried hard to give it up to Brady too with 4 second half lost fumbles.  Looked like the Bengals teams of the 90's.
Reply/Quote
Even after the Bengals win the Super Bowl the sportscasters won’t put Cincinnati number one in the power rankings.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 10:59 AM)Interceptor Wrote: It's when we become the favorite we have to start worrying.

IT. IS. US.  Would look great on a Superbowl champion shirt.  Hope they make one
Reply/Quote

The Rams fans are complaining they are being treated like also runs by everyone but Florio who we know is blinded by his Steeler love. They are spreading the word that they are so much better than the Bengals that this treatment is insulting.  They are triggered by any mention of Kay Adams or Good Morning Bengals as they call GMFB.  I guess it is all a matter of perspective

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 02:29 AM)CalgaryBengalsFan Wrote: NFL live has been really bad about it. They were interviewing Kelce about the Bengals defence, and he proceeded to talk about how godly Odell was most of the segment. Lol. I hope our boys break the main stream medias' hearts!

I used to like Kelce, being a Bearcat and all, but my dislike for the man is growing.
Reply/Quote