Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Listening to sportcasters right now is hilarious
(02-07-2022, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: SOFI has 4 locker rooms. The Rams and Chargers each have their own locker rooms. There are 2 visitor locker rooms, that can be arranged into 4 visitor locker rooms for events like the Final 4. We will most likely get one of the Visitor locker rooms, because the Rams and Chargers aren't going to want their stuff messed with. But if we get a home locker room, it will be the Chargers'

The NFL has confirmed that the Bengals will use the Chargers locker room.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/31/bengals-are-home-team-for-super-bowl-lvi-in-rams-stadium/
Reply/Quote
We all hear what we want to hear.

Having said that the media seems to have been pretty spilt down the middle on who wins this game.

And none of the people picking the Rams seem real confident that it's a given.

There is some genuine enthusiasm for the Bengals right now nation wide and I like it.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: SOFI has 4 locker rooms. The Rams and Chargers each have their own locker rooms. There are 2 visitor locker rooms, that can be arranged into 4 visitor locker rooms for events like the Final 4. We will most likely get one of the Visitor locker rooms, because the Rams and Chargers aren't going to want their stuff messed with. But if we get a home locker room, it will be the Chargers'

Then  guess you shouldn't host a SB.  What happens in most years where there are only two locker rooms?  There stuff shouldn't be there anyway.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:23 PM)motoarch Wrote: We all hear what we want to hear.

Having said that the media seems to have been pretty spilt down the middle on who wins this game.

There is some genuine enthusiasm for the Bengals right now nation wide and I like it.

I recall Jon Gruden making a comment about how the visitor lockerroom at SOFI was "strange" in some way almost intimating that it was on purpose to knock the visiting team off thier game?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I recall Jon Gruden making a comment about how the visitor lockerroom at SOFI was "strange" in some way almost intimating that it was on purpose to knock the visiting team off thier game?

They aren't in the visitors locker room.  They're in the chargers.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 01:28 AM)sloSTI Wrote: I may have completely misheard it, but it sounded like RG3 said if the Rams don't blow them out, and it stays close, Bengals will win.  It was in one of those Facebook reels as I was scrolling thru, and I don't remember what show it was

What i just watched.    If the rams let the bengals hang around the Bengals will likely find away to win.....

lol..

Im guessing they will be talking about how the Rams blew it after the superbowl instead of how the Bengals Took it
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:26 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I recall Jon Gruden making a comment about how the visitor lockerroom at SOFI was "strange" in some way almost intimating that it was on purpose to knock the visiting team off thier game?

lol the Visiting Locker room changes depending on Which HOME team is playing right?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was just listening to Cris Collinsworth on WFAN 660 out of New York. He was on to comment about the upcoming Super Bowl.

One of this comments was the fact that his broadcast team never got to do a Bengals game this season. He said they were all set to do one. All the Bengals had to do was win the Jets game and they would have been flexed to a game his team was doing. (I guess to a Sunday night.) They never expected the Bengals to lose and so were beginning to do some prep.

He said the Bengals to a lot of the sports world are an unknown entity, because they had so few primetime games.

So if I’m a professional, I spend some time watching the competitors’ previous games, especially in the playoffs and the end of the season. I mean, it’s my job to be knowledgeable, right? Cris’ assertion might hold water the first couple of days after the CGs, but even then not so much, to me, anyway.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:26 PM)SladeX Wrote: So if I’m a professional, I spend some time watching the competitors’ previous games, especially in the playoffs and the end of the season. I mean, it’s my job to be knowledgeable, right? Cris’ assertion might hold water the first couple of days after the CGs, but even then not so much, to me, anyway.

When he says they are an unknown to most of the sports world, he's talking about fans. I'd venture to guess up until the playoffs, a great deal of the country had never seen the Bengals this year. Since they have now seen them in the playoffs, they are seemingly jumping on the team bandwagon. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol the Visiting Locker room changes depending on Which HOME team is playing right?

From what I understand there are TWO home locker rooms.  Both the Rams and the Chargers have permanent lock rooms that do not change. 
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I understand there are TWO home locker rooms.  Both the Rams and the Chargers have permanent lock rooms that do not change. 

Yep, like I posted, 2 home locker rooms, on opposite sides of the stadiums, which do not change during the season, and 2 visitor's locker rooms that can be split into 4.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, like I posted, 2 home locker rooms, on opposite sides of the stadiums, which do not change during the season, and 2 visitor's locker rooms that can be split into 4.

so 4 total locker rooms?
Reply/Quote

(02-07-2022, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What i just watched.    If the rams let the bengals hang around the Bengals will likely find away to win.....

lol..

Im guessing they will be talking about how the Rams blew it after the superbowl instead of how the Bengals Took it

From my observation fellas...

It was almost all Rams hype.... but I have seen the pendulum swing in our direction much more lately

Just a guess but the pundits seem pretty balanced now

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
I think media has been very split. The rams are the betting favorites and probably rightly so but I have seen much more more pro burrow media than pro Stafford. Seen many people picking bengals. The bengals fan base loves to play the victims but the narrative just is just not really there right now
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so 4 total locker rooms?

Yes
Reply/Quote
Peko is on board for his Bengals.  Finally officially retiring after the Super Bowl.   He has a restaurant in Hollywood that will be having a Bengals watch party.

Reply/Quote

I don’t think it’s split. It’s way in favor of the Rams. Hell many are saying the bengals have no chance, that they will play there best game of the year and it won’t even be close.
Reply/Quote

I don’t think it’s split. It’s way in favor of the Rams. Hell many are saying the bengals have no chance, that they will play there best game of the year and it won’t even be close.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 11:45 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even after the Bengals win the Super Bowl the sportscasters won’t put Cincinnati number one in the power rankings.

Well, if this team wins the next 10 superbowls consecutively it'll just be a fluke anyway.. The other teams just made some booboo's.. OOOPS!  Hilarious Or is is whoopsie daisy? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:02 AM)Roland Wrote: Peko is on board for his Bengals.  Finally officially retiring after the Super Bowl.   He has a restaurant in Hollywood that will be having a Bengals watch party.

Have to love Peko. I wish he could go up on the ROH, but he most likely won't. The man was the heart and soul of this team for over a decade. At least he will probably retire as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote