Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down…
[Image: 6ff983c8-b38d-4c7e-bac8-8c4ad11ba286]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
this is what i like about Zac that Marvin just seemed to lack.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:26 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: this is what i like about Zac that Marvin just seemed to lack.

Absolutely no way Marvin would have played the last minute the way Zac did. NO WAY!!!
Reply/Quote
Turned out fine-ish with the penalty, but I didn't love it. Certainly didn't love the 2 Burrow non-TD-attempt sneaks that just let him get piled upon.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We got lucky with the calls, but we put ourselves in that position to get some luck. I’m surprised they didn’t swallow their whistles, but I was at the game so I couldn’t see the penalties that well.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Turned out fine-ish with the penalty, but I didn't love it. Certainly didn't love the 2 Burrow non-TD-attempt sneaks that just let him get piled upon.

Should have put Shelvin in at FB ala Peko. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
It took some balls that’s for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Turned out fine-ish with the penalty, but I didn't love it. Certainly didn't love the 2 Burrow non-TD-attempt sneaks that just let him get piled upon.

Yeah.  I want to get fully on board with ZT and heap loads of praise on him.  But this.  Can't be too salty with a win though.  Especially against a team like that who were getting away with some BS for most of that game.
Reply/Quote
I think Taylor knew what this game meant, he knew what it meant to Cincinnati, and to his players. He knew if it failed everyone would want his head on a stake for not kicking the FG, and yet he still went. Gotta give him props. He’s coaching to win!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:39 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: I think Taylor knew what this game meant, he knew what it meant to Cincinnati, and to his players. He knew if it failed everyone would want his head on a stake for not kicking the FG, and yet he still went. Gotta give him props. He’s coaching to win!

[Image: thats-true-kramer.gif]

Reply/Quote

How is beating the best team in the AFC and locking up the AFC North title "fine-ish". It was played perfectly, we kept the ball out of Mahomes hands.

Imma go out on a limb and tell me if I'm wrong: 

We hand off to Mixon and the exchange goes wrong; Zac's an idiot

Zac calls a pass and JB throws an INT; Zac's an idiot

We score with time left on the clock, KC comes back; Zac's an idiot

We milk the clock down to 2 seconds and win the game at the whistle; Zac's an idiot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 09:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How is beating the best team in the AFC and locking up the AFC North title "fine-ish". It was played perfectly, we kept the ball out of Mahomes hands.

Imma go out on a limb and tell me if I'm wrong: 

We hand off to Mixon and the exchange goes wrong; Zac's an idiot

Zac calls a pass and JB throws an INT; Zac's an idiot

We score with time left on the clock, KC comes back; Zac's an idiot

We milk the clock down to 2 seconds and win the game at the whistle; Zac's an idiot

Fine-ish because it succeeding was 100% dependent upon the refs throwing two flags. You are literally putting your win into the refs hands. That is NEVER a good strategy even if it worked this time. They swallow their whistles either time and it's a turnover on downs.

It also meant Burrow was going to be put into two giant pile-ups which predictably led to his knee getting re-tweaked.

So you're wrong.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fine-ish because it succeeding was 100% dependent upon the refs throwing two flags. You are literally putting your win into the refs hands. That is NEVER a good strategy even if it worked this time. They swallow their whistles either time and it's a turnover on downs.

It also meant Burrow was going to be put into two giant pile-ups which predictably led to his knee getting re-tweaked.

So you're wrong.

It was nor. JM scored on the 4th down play where the refs called him short. If the play hadn't have been cancelled due to offsetting penalties it would have been easily reversed.

There were no pile ups on the sneaks, just stalemates with a lot of folks pushin against each other

He tweaked his knee on a pass.

Zac put the win in his player's hands; not the ref's and he damn sure didn't put it in Mahome's hand

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fine-ish because it succeeding was 100% dependent upon the refs throwing two flags. You are literally putting your win into the refs hands. That is NEVER a good strategy even if it worked this time. They swallow their whistles either time and it's a turnover on downs.

So you're wrong.

If the DB doesn’t hold Chase the fade is there, as it had been all day, so to say it was dependent on the flag is saying it didn’t matter if the other team “cheats”. I’m not a huge fade ball guy on 4th down…but most times your not throwing to a dude who just went off for 266 either so I think you have to look at it in context.

The two sneaks, Romo sold the “not really trying to score” narrative but you don’t push the pile from behind if they didn’t really want to score so I’m not buying it. I think they wanted to as they had gone to the sneak in that situation many times throughout the last two years.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was nor. JM scored on the 4th down play where the refs called him short. If the play hadn't have been cancelled due to offsetting penalties it would have been easily reversed.

There were no pile ups on the sneaks, just stalemates with a lot of folks pushin against each other

Zac put the win in his player's hands; not the ref's. 

Yeah, the tweak was definitely on the one drop back.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was nor. JM scored on the 4th down play where the refs called him short. If the play hadn't have been cancelled due to offsetting penalties it would have been easily reversed.

Zac put the win in his player's hands; not the ref's. 

Play call and players also forced 2 penalties. People can attack Zac all they want but he called a good game and adjusted quickly after a bad start.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Play call and players also forced 2 penalties. People can attack Zac all they want but he called a good game and adjusted quickly after a bad start.

Agreed. Guy just beat a RED HOT Mahomes and Reid. Just give credit when it’s due.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Play call and players also forced 2 penalties. People can attack Zac all they want but he called a good game and adjusted quickly after a bad start.

(01-02-2022, 10:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Agreed. Guy just beat a RED HOT Mahomes and Reid. Just give credit when it’s due.

Yes, it was fine-ish

Reply/Quote

In the last 10 games the Chiefs had allowed more than 17 (think the average in the span was 12) points ONCE and the Bengals put 34 on them. Anyone complaining about anything offensive related is disconnected from reality.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 6ff983c8-b38d-4c7e-bac8-8c4ad11ba286]

Laughed so hard a cried a little. interesting crying when you are heartless
Reply/Quote