Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Live look at Zac Taylor when he decided to go for it on 4th down…
(01-03-2022, 06:44 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You proved my point with that absurd stat. His yards per carry is low. To exaggerate for your brain, if he was 1 YPC and carried 5000 times, he would still be leading the league in rushing.

You really think the Bengals are good in short yardage scenarios with the run? 1) Aren't watching the same team and 2) You don't watch any other teams.

YPC is king. You let mixon have his cake and eat it by saying "2nd in the league in rushing", blaming the line for his 2 yard gains and our inability to get 3rd and short with a rush.

If you think Mixon is better than Chubb (who is "3rd in the league" with a much better YPC) - don't know what to tell you. Ask the Browns if they'll trade him straight up, lol. 5.5 YPC.

Chubb is 50 yards behind in 90 less attempts. Mixon has 2nd most attempts in league behind the leader who crushes him in YPC.

I would agree that our line needs work, but that's not your point.

Who the hell cares about Chubb? Most of us here don’t live in Cleveland…

Anyway, knock Mixon’s YPC all you want, and downplay his total yardage but dude is also like 3rd or 4th in rushing TD’s. Are those not important?

And this thread is about Zac Taylor, not your weird hate-on for Joe Mixon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who the hell cares about Chubb? Most of us here don’t live in Cleveland…

Anyway, knock Mixon’s YPC all you want, and downplay his total yardage but dude is also like 3rd or 4th in rushing TD’s. Are those not important?

And this thread is about Zac Taylor, not your weird hate-on for Joe Mixon.

No, you brought up the Mixon comment, and you brought up Mixon stats, so I'm trying to level set your brain since you don't seem to watch other teams.

This thread is about zac taylor, where I said he's starting to realize our identity lies with Joe Burrow, not Joe Mixon.

Yes his rushing TDs are important, but you're lying to yourself if you think we are good in short yardage run scenarios. We even know it ourselves (hence we pass). 

It's not about Chubb, there are many backs who are better than Mixon when you disregard the yardage stats. My point is this is a pass first team not a run first team. In the end, you want the ball in Burrow's hands not Mixon's. There was no identity for this Bengals team until recently.

The best part of the ending to this game is we won't ever know if we we actually got stuffed 6 times on the goal line, or not. :)
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:09 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Again, you're still relying upon the refs to both see it AND flag it. Betting on the refs to do their job well in 2021 is a fools bet.

Ask the Browns how calling an obvious penalty worked when they lost to the Packers on a blatant DPI no-call INT, essentially ending their season.

- - - - -
EDIT: Welcome to the board. (As far as posting goes.)
(01-02-2022, 11:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: This....is exactly right.

Thanks for the welcome. Long time reader, but had never posted. I live in Browns territory, and this is my only connection to other Bengal fans. Great Message Board.

Fair point on counting on the officials to make the correct call, as it could have just as easily ended up a no call. But I still love the aggressiveness of playing keep away from Mahomes and going for it on 4th down. Had they scored too soon, I'm not at all confident the defense could have come up with yet another stop. Too many times in the Marvin era I watched us play "not to lose." Love seeing the Bengals as the aggressor more often than not this season.
Reply/Quote
Love his guts..
I was shocked with the empty backfield formation
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fine-ish because it succeeding was 100% dependent upon the refs throwing two flags. You are literally putting your win into the refs hands. That is NEVER a good strategy even if it worked this time. They swallow their whistles either time and it's a turnover on downs.

It also meant Burrow was going to be put into two giant pile-ups which predictably led to his knee getting re-tweaked.

So you're wrong.

I like the aggressiveness but you need to be careful in that situation.  From a defensive standpoint they are probably coached to do anything they can to stop the play, including holding every receiver.  The worst that can happen is a redo so it's smart to hold every player and hope the refs miss it.

For what it's worth I was screaming at Zac on my TV for going for it a 2nd time.  Glad it turned out.  Whew!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:26 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This exactly. It worked out amazingly. But hand the dang ball to Mixon. I don't think there's anyway they stop him 3 times in a row. But we pulled it off and man that felt good.

I don't think they really wanted to score, at least on 1st down with the Chiefs having 2 time outs left.  It's crazy not to but I would not be comfortable giving Mahomes the ball back regardless.
Reply/Quote
The clip of Zac celebrating on the sidelines with the win without his cap, showed him really grayed out (hair). Coaching in the NFL does suck the life out of one it seems. Glad he is reaping the rewards. Well done Zac.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: No, you brought up the Mixon comment, and you brought up Mixon stats, so I'm trying to level set your brain since you don't seem to watch other teams.

This thread is about zac taylor, where I said he's starting to realize our identity lies with Joe Burrow, not Joe Mixon.

Yes his rushing TDs are important, but you're lying to yourself if you think we are good in short yardage run scenarios. We even know it ourselves (hence we pass). 

It's not about Chubb, there are many backs who are better than Mixon when you disregard the yardage stats. My point is this is a pass first team not a run first team. In the end, you want the ball in Burrow's hands not Mixon's. There was no identity for this Bengals team until recently.

The best part of the ending to this game is we won't ever know if we we actually got stuffed 6 times on the goal line, or not. :)

I don't have a dog in this fight but the comparisons of Mixon vs. Chubb are just silly when you compare the OL play in front of them.  Cleveland has an elite OL and the Bengals not so much.

The good news is the Bengal skill players are all very young so we can now concentrate on fixing the week spot moving forward.

Just enjoy the season!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:35 PM)TigerStripes Wrote: You ever think without the obvious defensive holding calls we simply complete the pass for the TD?? Some can't be happy even when we do win. Guts of a Gambler, and it worked to perfection. Milked the clock to zero, kicked the game winner and left the KC offense on the sidelines. 

It was beautiful!!!!!!!!    Who-Dey!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:28 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I don't think they really wanted to score, at least on 1st down with the Chiefs having 2 time outs left.  It's crazy not to but I would not be comfortable giving Mahomes the ball back regardless.

I wasn't too worried if we managed to score a TD. Up 7 with a minute on the clock even if KC had a timeout or 2. But we definitely could've easily still lost. 
But it all worked out and I'm not gonna hate on it now. Watching McPherson kick a chip shot field goal with no time left to win the AFC North was pretty dang good.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 10:26 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I like the aggressiveness but you need to be careful in that situation.  From a defensive standpoint they are probably coached to do anything they can to stop the play, including holding every receiver.  The worst that can happen is a redo so it's smart to hold every player and hope the refs miss it.

For what it's worth I was screaming at Zac on my TV for going for it a 2nd time.  Glad it turned out.  Whew!

yes I had flashbacks of that Pittsburgh Playoff game watching this and then I started pacing back and forth saying WTF isnt he just kicking the FG after the penalties....and on top of that going empty backfield?!  I have to give it to ZT, he had some massive BALLS on that series....
Reply/Quote
It's always genius when it works.

Sweated through it, but basked in the win at the end.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:57 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: It's not about Chubb, there are many backs who are better than Mixon when you disregard the yardage stats. 

This may well be the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet. Congratulations!!
Reply/Quote