Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson
Missed amidst the Joe Burrow practice news is that Logan started taking 11 on 11 snaps yesterday. He hopes to be completely cleared within the next week. Good to hear

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That is very good news!
Reply/Quote
Very good news
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
when you are still not fully cleared...work on your place kicking

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 04:11 PM)pally Wrote: when you are still not fully cleared...work on your place kicking

must have been working with OchoCinco
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 08:37 AM)pally Wrote: Missed amidst the Joe Burrow practice news is that Logan started taking 11 on 11 snaps yesterday.  He hopes to be completely cleared within the next week.  Good to hear

It's no secret the defense kinda fell apart when he was off the field, and then Became solid again for the chiefs game and playoff run... Dude is legit.  This is the guy that needs signed asap..
Reply/Quote
But are you going to give him 20 million a year like the highest paid MLB's? Can you pay him that AND pay Chase/Higgins/Burrow?

Tough choices to be made.
Reply/Quote
Definitely tough choices ahead. I think a lot of that gets decided by their ability to draft and develop players that can step in quickly and contribute while on their rookie contract. Is Dax a starting safety going forward or do they need to spend next off season for a free safety. Same thing for CB - will CTB be a quality starter or will they need to spend on a player like Eli Apple next year. I like so many players on the roster and hope they can keep it a big core of it together
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:37 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: But are you going to give him 20 million a year like the highest paid MLB's?   Can you pay him that AND pay Chase/Higgins/Burrow?

Absolutely, the salary cap goes up for the entire roster, not just offensive stars.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: must have been working with OchoCinco

Nah I never met him.  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 05:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Absolutely, the salary cap goes up for the entire roster, not just offensive stars.

No, you do not give him $20 million per year.  He's not the best inside guy in the league.

You can make the case for $10-12 million, but $20 million is way out of whack.
Reply/Quote
10th highest paid interior LB only makes $5.5 million per year.

Only 4 ILBs make more than $10 million.

We should be able to keep Logan.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 05:25 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, you do not give him $20 million per year.  He's not the best inside guy in the league.

You can make the case for $10-12 million, but $20 million is way out of whack.

Wilson is a WLB, great in coverage, makes open field tackles and is young.  Last I checked, those guys are in big demand.  There are currently 6 LBs making at least $19M for this season.  I'm willing to bet that the next round of contracts takes the number of LBs making at least $20M to over a dozen.

Bengals may have their best shot at getting a good deal by extending him early, and spreading the cash out over an extra year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wilson is a WLB, great in coverage, makes open field tackles and is young.  Last I checked, those guys are in big demand.  There are currently 6 LBs making at least $19M for this season.  I'm willing to bet that the next round of contracts takes the number of LBs making at least $20M to over a dozen.

Bengals may have their best shot at getting a good deal by extending him early, and spreading the cash out over an extra year.

Are edge rush lbs included in that 6? Wilson is a good lb but not worth top 5 money imo. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2022, 04:37 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: But are you going to give him 20 million a year like the highest paid MLB's?   Can you pay him that AND pay Chase/Higgins/Burrow?

We can't just let the defense fall apart because of Burrow, Chase and Higgins.. Higgins is gonna get paid elsewhere. No way they can keep him and Chase both..
Reply/Quote

Considering how long this team has depended on mid-round LBs, I can't imagine they'd let the only one they hit on walk out the door. Logan will get paid.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Good news that he's back, but as for an extension I want to see him actually good for a year before then. He was very inconsistent in 2021. Had high highs and low lows.

Games 1-6: 1.0 sacks, 3 TFL, 4 INT, 4 PDef, 0 FF
Games 7-17: 0.0 sacks, 2 TFL, 0 INT, 0 Pdef, 1 FF

Then he was mostly good in the playoffs again. I want some consistency from a guy before any talk of getting paid happens. Also want some health.. he's missed 4 games each of his two years.

He's not even eligible for an extension this year, so 2022 is his chance to show he can stay healthy and stay consistently good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 07:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good news that he's back, but as for an extension I want to see him actually good for a year before then. He was very inconsistent in 2021. Had high highs and low lows. :

Then he was mostly good in the playoffs again. I want some consistency from a guy before any talk of getting paid happens. Also want some health.. he's missed 4 games each of his two years.

He's not even eligible for an extension this year, so 2022 is his chance to show he can stay healthy and stay consistently good.

He was playing with a badly torn labrum in the 2nd half of the season. We were lucky that he played at all

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 08:55 AM)pally Wrote: He was playing with a badly torn labrum in the 2nd half of the season. We were lucky that he played at all

Thats what i thought and he immediately had surgery after the postseason
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2022, 07:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Good news that he's back, but as for an extension I want to see him actually good for a year before then. He was very inconsistent in 2021. Had high highs and low lows.

Come on, LL; you ARE aware he had a torn labrum and played through it, right?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote