Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson
(08-20-2022, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe casuals. But DJ Reader plays possibly the least sexy position on the field, and he’s hugely popular among hardcore fans.

I think it’s a little different with DJ, he was a huge(no pun intended) splash in free agency for a team that historically did very little free agent wise.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:50 PM)Housh Wrote: When you find a field general linebacker you tend to want to keep them and historically they tend to stay with their team because they become such important pieces.

I see no world in which we don’t resign Logan

Hope you are right Housh and I think you are.

We will extend Logan at the right time if he keeps getting better which I think we all expect.

(08-20-2022, 12:40 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They can but at the cost of not having much else around them.

At some point tough choices are going to have to be made but if K.C. wins their division again this season and Green Bay performs well, I think it makes some of the future decisions easier. If those two teams stumble, then you have to really crunch numbers and make tough calls.

Tee might have to be our sacrifice like Tyreek was to the Chiefs cause you are right we are going to have to make tough 
calls when having a contending team with a top flight roster. I honestly could see the Chiefs suffering though cause of that
tough call, JuJu ain't no Tyreek and paying that much money to your QB hurts your overall roster if you don't fill the gaps 
with great Draft picks.

Maybe the Chiefs had a great enough Draft to still win the toughest Division in the NFL, I don't know though. Should be a
dog fight with Russell Wilson now in Denver and all the additions the Chargers and Raiders already made to their already 
good rosters.

Bills did beat the shit out of the Broncos just a bit ago though, but it was the Bills starters going against the Broncos 
backups, still a throttling, the Bills - 45 Broncos -15.

(08-20-2022, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Maybe casuals. But DJ Reader plays possibly the least sexy position on the field, and he’s hugely popular among hardcore fans.

DJ is definitely one of my favorite Bengals no doubt but NT DOES get overlooked.

I wouldn't argue with DJ's claim of being the best NT in the NFL honestly either.

Logan could end up being our Luke Keuchly, sure hope so.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 09:08 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: I think it’s a little different with DJ, he was a huge(no pun intended) splash in free agency for a team that historically did very little free agent wise.

Yeah, that was the start of our roster re-build. Great pick up and it paid off big time. Went from being a terrible run stopping
Defense to 5th best in 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Logan is a player who i think shows why ceiling is such an important factor when drafting. Logan isn’t really an athletic freak and he’s already pretty strong so really the only improvement he can have at this point is mental.

Helll probably have a career year if healthy but i don’t think he’ll ever be a top paid linebacker in the league.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2022, 05:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Logan is a player who i think shows why ceiling is such an important factor when drafting. Logan isn’t really an athletic freak and he’s already pretty strong so really the only improvement he can have at this point is mental.

Helll probably have a career year if healthy but i don’t think he’ll ever be a top paid linebacker in the league.

That is all we need, a solid field general at MIKE. ADG is still the LB that I think could grow into a star.

He is the opposite of Logan, raw mentally but with insane potential and talent.
Reply/Quote