Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson is the best linebacker we’ve had since i began watching. (2002)
(09-28-2022, 09:32 PM)Housh Wrote: The one thing i remember about Burfict is his Ray Lewis-like ability to always be apart of EVERY SINGLE tackle within 20 yards of the LOS. Burfict was an idiot with handling his emotions but he was a damn genius on the football field. And I’m not over exaggerating. He was a GENIUS on the field. You have to be a smart hombre to be apart of so many tackles. One year he had 171 Freakin tackles. To do that you are getting almost 10 tackles a game which is hard as crap to do. That means you one are in the right spot ALOT and two you aren’t missing tackles. You are converting tackles that present themselves to you.

Logan Wilson does this. As proficient as Burfict was against the run, Logan is equally as proficient guarding the pass. But i think Logan is a better all around player because he is about as good a tackler as Burfict was. He’s just not the force Burfict was against the run

Didn't pass math, did you? Ninja

(09-29-2022, 09:54 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: In 2013, Burfict had 13 penalties, tied for fourth in the league. Eight of those penalties were personal fouls for unnecessary roughness, which was the most in the league. Your memory is misleading you - Burfict was fantastic, but he was also a dirty player very early on. His 2012 season is the only season where he was "clean". 

I was flayed alive on the mothership in '13 after stating that Burfict was going to be a problem, after tapping TJ Lang, Sitton, Dietrich-Smith, whomever it was, in the balls.

Appreciated his great play, but the guy was a massive problem from '13 and on. And yes, he was unfairly targeted, but he also helped bring it upon himself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Didn't pass math, did you? Ninja

I was flayed alive on the mothership in '13 after stating that Burfict was going to be a problem, after tapping TJ Lang, Sitton, Dietrich-Smith, whomever it was, in the balls.

Appreciated his great play, but the guy was a massive problem from '13 and on. And yes, he was unfairly targeted, but he also helped bring it upon himself.

That's the play!!! I couldn't remember what he did to embarrass the refs, but the Great ball Tap episode where they threw the flag on the guy who got tapped is what embarrassed them and put a target on Burfict's back. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The problem with Burfict is that from 2013-2015, he played in 31 out of 48 games, or 64%. He barely played in 2014. Burfict was fantastic...when he played. The problem is that he rarely played, due to suspensions and injuries. He played a full season twice in his career, rookie year and 2013. For the rest of his career, he played less than 50% of the available games. 

For that reason, I'd put Wilson ahead of Burfict right now. 

Willson has yet to play a full season in his career. He missed 4 games both his rookie year and last year. Burfict missed 0 his first 2 years and was an All Pro. 

Wilson has been great and definitely has the chance to be one of our best LBs but through 2 years Bufict definitely has him beat. His 2013 season was crazy good and it would be a feat for Wilson to have a season that impressive. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Didn't pass math, did you? Ninja

Rounded down lol

It’s closer to 11.5 i think
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 09:54 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: In 2013, Burfict had 13 penalties, tied for fourth in the league. Eight of those penalties were personal fouls for unnecessary roughness, which was the most in the league. Your memory is misleading you - Burfict was fantastic, but he was also a dirty player very early on. His 2012 season is the only season where he was "clean". 

'13 was the 'nut slap' during the GB game. 

EDIT: Already been pointed out. Move along, nothing to see here!! Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You're right, they did. Forgot. I guess I was thinking about fines, I did not hear of any, but maybe they did. No one is making a big deal calling him dirty though when he was clearly headhunting.

It was the Minkah Fitzpatrick hit on Boyd that didn't get fined, that was exactly the same as the Burfict/Brown hit. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 04:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AJ Hawk and James Harrison

Karlos Dansby in the house....

2 years too late.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote