Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Logan Wilson
(09-20-2021, 06:37 PM)pally Wrote:

ADG had another good week too and he's sitting at an 80 overall grade (on 32 snaps). 

On that note, and in general, someone needs to get busy on that Week 2 PFF grades thread. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 02:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ADG had another good week too and he's sitting at an 80 overall grade (on 32 snaps). 

On that note, and in general, someone needs to get busy on that Week 2 PFF grades thread. 

Nice. Love what I have seen from ADG so far in the first 2 games. Dude could seriously be great. 

Best upside I have seen in a young LB. He was just raw as hell from a small school. Use him on the blitz more damn it.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 01:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Just spike it lol
Reply/Quote
It appears that Davis-Gaither is improving significantly as well. We might actually have two legit, young, athletic linebackers on the team before the year is over. Taylor is awful, but I'll give him and Lou, maybe Al Golden, credit where it's due. They've done a good job of drafting linebackers in their time here. Pratt isn't too shabby, either.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 03:36 PM)samhain Wrote: It appears that Davis-Gaither is improving significantly as well.  We might actually have two legit, young, athletic linebackers on the team before the year is over.  Taylor is awful, but I'll give him and Lou, maybe Al Golden, credit where it's due.  They've done a good job of drafting linebackers in their time here.  Pratt isn't too shabby, either.

I agree, the team has done well to rectify what was an abhorrent LB corps, just a short while ago.  Many expected miracles last year, but they forget that it takes time to acclimate to the speed at which the NFL game is played, as well as for the body to finish developing into final pro form.  These guys are good, and only continuing to get better.  The Safety group and DTs aren't too shabby, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Our D-line is stacked with talent.

Our Safety duo is on of the best in the league.

When Waynes is health we have good talent at CB.

LB was the wildcard this year. They could easily have been anywhere from "very good" to "below average". If they continue to play well we should have a very good defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our D-line is stacked with talent.

Our Safety duo is on of the best in the league.

When Waynes is health we have good talent at CB.

LB was the wildcard this year.  They could easily have been anywhere from "very good" to "below average".  If they continue to play well we should have a very good defense.

So what everyone is saying is Lou and Zac have put together a pretty good defense. So they need to resign Bates, then next year they can focus on Offense. We are set at QB, WR, RB, maybe could use a better TE so that means they can go oline all day long during the draft. I would like to pick up a better #2 QB. The future of this team is bright.
Reply/Quote
I think Wilson looks legit. It also helps that our D-line is the best it have been in years, so they are keeping dudes off the linebackers.
Reply/Quote
Bump

Logan now has 5 INT’s through his first 19 games. How long did it take some of our top CB’s like Dre and WJ3 to get to 5 picks?

This kid just has a penchant for big plays. Can’t wait to see ol Wyoming Nate’s reaction to another huge game from his boy. :D

Reply/Quote
Logan has been a tremendous addition to this team and finally the team may have broken free of the stretch of missing on drafting LBers.

He is playing smart football and just seems to be around the ball constantly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:36 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Logan has been a tremendous addition to this team and finally the team may have broken free of the stretch of missing on drafting LBers.

He is playing smart football and just seems to be around the ball constantly.

He’s going to be rookie of the year (for the guys that were in the game day chat lol)
Reply/Quote
Eventually people are going to recognize how many home runs weve hit in the draft since Zac got here. Credit to Duke, Zac and whoever else is responsible for scouting lately.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 02:56 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Eventually people are going to recognize how many home runs weve hit in the draft since Zac got here.  Credit to Duke, Zac and whoever else is responsible for scouting lately.

They started turning it around with Hubbard and Bates in one draft.

Maybe it is just the law of averages, but we have been drafting better lately.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 02:09 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He’s going to be rookie of the year (for the guys that were in the game day chat lol)

He’s going to win it a few times over his career.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Add in he leads the league in INTs now.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 09:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bump

Logan now has 5 INT’s through his first 19 games. How long did it take some of our top CB’s like Dre and WJ3 to get to 5 picks?

This kid just has a penchant for big plays. Can’t wait to see ol Wyoming Nate’s reaction to another huge game from his boy. Big Grin

Dre got 6 in 35 games (I say 6 because the Broncos game in '14 when he picked off Peyton, he had 5 and 6), though he only started 5 games in those 35 and didn't see the field more (I am agreeing with you, btw).

As for William Jackson? He got his 4th... THIS YEAR (I knew this, btw; purposely set the post up like this LOL).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude is the man..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I remember when they first picked Wilson I thought, Man! a Wyoming player? He won't amount to anything like the other LBers they've drafted by the gross over the years.... Goes to show it really doesn't matter where they come from, what round or even undrafted.
Wilson is more than a pleasant surprise..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Getting Burrow and Chase was great, but what led us to 5 straight playoff trips before was hitting on later round guys like Geno, hitting on trades like Reggie Nelson, and finding diamonds in the rough in FA like Wallace Gilberry, just to mention 3 players

It seems we've done that with guys like BJ Hill, Logan Wilson, Ogunjobi, etc.

Pretty much everyone we've picked up lately is balling. Hendrickson. Reiff. Reader. Etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote