Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic Dictates that if the Refs are Fixing Games the Players are in on it
(12-05-2017, 11:28 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You also forget to mention the foul on JuJu.

One was an illegal hit, personal foul. One was a taunting, personal foul.
One is in the course of a down, one is assessed as a deadball penalty.
Why is only one accepted? Should have been 30 yards and an ejection (2 personal fouls).

How do I know this is how it should happen?
Burfict hit Brown – personal foul for 15 yards (during the play)
Jones made contact with an official – personal foul for 15 yards (deadball)
30 yards, Steelers kick a field goal and walk away with a win.

Sound familiar?

Damn right......Shuster-Whoeverthe**** should have been ejected right then.  Thirty yards assessed.  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Damn right......Shuster-Whoeverthe**** should have been ejected right then.  Thirty yards assessed.  

See post #15  Cool
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Refs aren't fixing games, they just aren't any good at their jobs.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Refs aren't fixing games, they just aren't any good at their jobs.

This.  Although, I do think they display some bias for the "winners".....just sucks Shitsburgh falls into that category.  I find it odd that I rarely ***** about officiating being one sided until two certain weeks every year...... Hmm 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:45 AM)grampahol Wrote: The fix isn't necessarily going to be something everyone can see. The people who want to fix games don't necessarily want a few hundred thousand witnesses..The stuff we do see are just distractions from what's really going on that we don't see.. Personal fouls, blatantly bad calls and the like can just be chalked up to incompetence . A track record of always losing at the last minutes like clockwork cannot.. I think it goes much deeper and things we'll never witness that has changed the very nature of the game from being a mere game to a multi billion dollar scam of epic proportions..The people at the top raking in billions (with a TRillions) could care less who gets their neck broken to entertain us. They're the same types who would start wars and sacrifice a generation of young men for fun and profit..  It takes a special kind of psychopath to do it.. We're just spectators to the big show.. 

Stop with the tinfoil hat bullshit, please.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:17 PM)McC Wrote: Stop with the tinfoil hat bullshit, please.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:17 PM)McC Wrote: Stop with the tinfoil hat bullshit, please.

Please stop with the Polyanna bullshit believing it's just bad coaching and poor execution .. I'm a firm believer in corruption. It's one of the small reasons we have prisons..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The closest thing to a fix was WJ3 literally getting out of Bell's way on that 3rd run.

Jackson thought  (1) Bell already had stepped out (2) the Refs were enroute to a record setting flag day.. with a clear bias against the Bengals.  That was CONFIRMED when Schuster   ...CLEARLY...TARGETED Burfict, went helmet to helmet, hit Burfict from behind (outside his field of vision) and TAUNTED... yet was NOT ejected.  THAT... in a game where there were more flags than at a 4th of July parade.

Aside from that freak play....Jackson outperformed everyone else in our secondary.

The " Rules"......now change so often ...who can keep up?  I  see ALL THE TIME.... pass routes where you could throw a flag on the receiver and two on the defender.  Meanwhile......one could say,technically, someone on the O-Line is holding almost every play.

Then.....when hitting a QB.....where CAN you hit him? How HARD can you hit him?  Seems variable.  I GET how the Helmet to helmet shot is NOT okay..... but  i've seen flags when it clearly was NOT a helmet, it was a shoulder.  I see plays where a guy with momentum is supposed to stop on a dime....which ain't possible.  I see when a ball carrier ducks his head so what would be a hit to the chest turns into a head shot in a split second.

The NFL needs to go OVER this game tape carefully.  It illustrated,well, what a confused mess the floating "rulebook" has become.  It NEEDS to be clear what the hell the RULES are...and..same for EVERYONE.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Please stop with the Polyanna bullshit believing it's just bad coaching and poor execution .. I'm a firm believer in corruption. It's one of the small reasons we have prisons..

Sure... Corruption happens. However....for the NFL, you have several officials, a total 44 starters not counting special teams.
How MUCH can a gambler pay a guy to tilt the game? The guys who are GAME CHANGERS... make MILLIONS each year.
If you give player X $20,000 ......or $40,000 to "throw a game" , is it sure he's ABLE to change things that much?   Will he risk everything, betray his team at that price?

It would be EASIER to corrupt a bad ref.  Even then......the WHOLE process is ON CAMERA.   Calls get reviewed at the time.
Further.. they get reviewed AFTER the game.  If Ref A is making wrong and peculiar calls... that's a thing that's noted.
Reply/Quote
It's not fixed. We're just handcuffed by piss-poor coaching and stupid shit by our players (stupid shit that coaching seems to tolerate). If it were fixed, there is NO WAY we would have beat the steelers, in Pittsburgh on the anniversary of the immaculate reception in a do-or-die game for playoff spot back in 2012. Absolutely no way in hell a fixed league would have let that game even be close.

We just suck in big time games, folks. A complete lack of intelligence, poise and control does us in once again. A staple of the Marvin Lewis era
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  Although, I do think they display some bias for the "winners".....just sucks Shitsburgh falls into that category.  I find it odd that I rarely ***** about officiating being one sided until two certain weeks every year...... Hmm 

I think it's safe to say a fair amount of today's refs are or "were" steeler fans. Most of them were around for the steelers dynasty of the 1970's, so it's likely a bunch of them jumped on that bandwagon. I noticed last night one of the refs helping Ben up of the turf as soon as he hit the ground. I believe that same ref whistled a play dead as soon as Ben was wrapped up earlier on (well before Ben was brought to the ground). Never saw any of that treatment for Dalton.

There is definitely some bias there, but I doubt it's because it's "fixed". Refs are human, they make mistakes and have/had  their favorites. The bengals don't have a widespread fanbase. The steelers do. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think it's safe to say a fair amount of today's refs are or "were" steeler fans. Most of them were around for the steelers dynasty of the 1970's, so it's likely a bunch of them jumped on that bandwagon. I noticed last night one of the refs helping Ben up of the turf as soon as he hit the ground. I believe that same ref whistled a play dead as soon as Ben was wrapped up earlier on (well before Ben was brought to the ground). Never saw any of that treatment for Dalton.

There is definitely some bias there, but I doubt it's because it's "fixed". Refs are human, they make mistakes and have/had  their favorites. The bengals don't have a widespread fanbase. The steelers do. 

Absolutely.....and yes, they couldn't blow that whistle soon enough on that play.  Surprised we didn't get an UC penalty there.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely.....and yes, they couldn't blow that whistle soon enough on that play.  Surprised we didn't get an UC penalty there.

Even with the questionable calls by the refs...the Bengals melted down.

IF Jackson/Evans/ and the 3rd Bengals push Bell out of bounds...maybe they settle for a FG.

IF Green and Lafell didn't drop passes.

IF the defense got more pressure.

IF the defense stopped Bell. Bell pretty much punished Bengals tacklers.

IF the defense didn't allow the Steelers to run wide open on that last drive.

IF the Bengals didn't get so many pass interference calls.

The game was there for the taking, but we found a way to lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think it's safe to say a fair amount of today's refs are or "were" steeler fans. Most of them were around for the steelers dynasty of the 1970's, so it's likely a bunch of them jumped on that bandwagon. I noticed last night one of the refs helping Ben up of the turf as soon as he hit the ground. I believe that same ref whistled a play dead as soon as Ben was wrapped up earlier on (well before Ben was brought to the ground). Never saw any of that treatment for Dalton.

I thought that was odd also! Those were the quickest whistle I have ever seen to protect him. "Please don't hurt Piggy"....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even with the questionable calls by the refs...the Bengals melted down.

IF Jackson/Evans/ and the 3rd Bengals push Bell out of bounds...maybe they settle for a FG.

You absolutely correct, aside from the many non calls, we pretty much did stupid stuff to beat ourselves.
I did giggle when Bell trucked Dre....again...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even with the questionable calls by the refs...the Bengals melted down.

You'll get no argument from me on any of that.....just more Merv-ball.  However, when even the announcers say something to the effect of "well I had to give some kind of positive encouragement to this crew", there's a definite problem.....

Reply/Quote
"Logic dictates" OP watching too much Star Trek!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
IF you don't think players are in on the fix, look up Ronnie Harmon and point shaving. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/ex-gangster-n-y-pro-games-fixed-article-1.501690

Prime example of one running back taking some money for the fall. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:19 AM)Takedown Wrote: One of these days Giggles and or Mike are going to come out and admit that they've been paid off every year to keep their team down (keep them alive enough to sell tix). With all of the other scandals I wouldn't be too surprised. Cincinnati isn't a big market for sports teams. It'd be easier to get away with than the NFL just out to doom the Bengals and the Bengals not be in on it. Which is why Mike hired a 'yes man' and has kept him around so long.

Na...ain't buying that. Logic dictates that Mikey and Marv just suck donkey balls.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The closest thing to a fix was WJ3 literally getting out of Bell's way on that 3rd run.

Or Andre 3000 (lbs) letting a guy run past him for a sack because he "thought the ball was already thrown"?

(12-05-2017, 12:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: This.  Although, I do think they display some bias for the "winners".....just sucks Shitsburgh falls into that category.  I find it odd that I rarely ***** about officiating being one sided until two certain weeks every year...... Hmm 

Yep. I don't think I've ever felt officials were extremely biased in any other game. It just always seems they find ways to kill our momentum vs the Steelers if it looks like we're about to get the W.

To all those saying a conspiracy would have to include the players, I disagree. The officials have more than enough power on their own. 1 call cost us the game last night: the phantom hold on Gio. A record amount of penalty yards (173) tipped the scales back in the Steelers' favor. Anyone that doubts the power of officials, or corruption, needs to google Tim Donaghy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote