Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logic Dictates that if the Refs are Fixing Games the Players are in on it
So I did see a lot of bad calls out there. I'm not sure that the outcome of the games is determined by the league. I do think the Steelers get favorable calls.

But...all the bad penalties aside. The Bengals blew a 17-0 lead.

-They gave up a long drive with less than a minute to go before halftime for a FG. There was a long legit PI call on that drive. A defense that stopped the Steelers for most of the half suddenly gives up a long drive?
-3 Bengals had Bell on the sideline and didn't so much as push him out of bounds. I've NEVER saw that before.
-Lafell and Green had several drops.
-On defense, there were Steelers WR's open by 5-7 yards in the 4th Quarter. They gained chunk after chunk.
-We routinely allowed conversions of 10+ yards on 2nd and 3rd downs.
-Then, after pass blocking well most of the game, Dalton is getting sacked and pressured in the 4th quarter.
-How do things work so well in the 1st half only for the team to look like a different team in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying games are fixed, but IF you believe the refs fix the games...then the players are most likely involved too based on the above.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I did see a lot of bad calls out there. I'm not sure that the outcome of the games is determined by the league. I do think the Steelers get favorable calls.

-They gave up a long drive with less than a minute to go before halftime for a FG. There was a long legit PI call on that drive. A defense that stopped the Steelers for most of the half suddenly gives up a long drive?
-3 Bengals had Bell on the sideline and didn't so much as push him out of bounds. I've NEVER saw that before.
-On defense, there were Steelers WR's open by 5-7 yards in the 4th Quarter. They gained chunk after chunk.
-Then, after pass blocking well most of the game, Dalton is getting sacked and pressured in the 4th quarter.
-How do things work so well in the 1st half only for the team to look like a different team in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying games are fixed, but IF you believe the refs fix the games...then the players are most likely involved too based on the above.

Because in the 2nd half we stop doing what was working for us in the first half. I mean, this has been going on for years. Where have you been?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
If you are gonna roll with the players are in on it, two of them failing to tackle Bell is a good place to start. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:49 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Because in the 2nd half we stop doing what was working for us in the first half. I mean, this has been going on for years. Where have you been?

It's more than that.

There were dropped passes. That's not on the coach.

Jackson not pushing Bell out of bounds...That's not on the coaches.

The Steelers being able to run the ball and the Bengals not tackling...not on the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:58 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: If you are gonna roll with the players are in on it, two of them failing to tackle Bell is a good place to start. Sad

Precisely. And you know what, we find different ways to lose big games.

Against the Steelers in the playoffs it was 2 personal fouls and a fumble. It's different every week.

This is just a loser organization.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This is just a loser organization.

That pretty much sums it up.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
They don't need the entire team to be in on a fix, just a few and it's easy once they have any kind of compromising information on them they don't want going public. It's not AS IF NFL players are all above reproach and would never get involved in anything illegal or compromising..and it doesn't necessarily have to be players either..refs, coaches, etc... I'm pretty sure that the people involved in game fixing have been doing it so long that they have it down to an art and science..
I'm absolutely blown away that there are people who refuse to believe that games can be fixed.. After all, it really only takes one shot of a guy cheating on his wife. There doesn't have to be some super secret bag of cash dropped off on some bridge in the middle of the night in the fog ..Catching someone doing something shady isn't the toughest thing in the world to do..
I'm completely convinced old Mikey sold us all out years ago and being a team owner pretty much makes him untouchable because there are more than enough people under him to be the low hanging fruit. If anyone ever goes down for game fixing it ain't gonna be the billionaire team owners..you can bet every penny you'll ever see in your entire lifetime on that..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And I'm not necessarily convinced that it is fixed...just will all the conspiracy talk about the refs...it took AJ Green and Lafell dropping routine passes and a bunch of other things to lose a 17-0 lead.

So IF people think the refs are fixing it, the players had to do things to lose also.
Reply/Quote
Logic does not dictate any such thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
One of these days Giggles and or Mike are going to come out and admit that they've been paid off every year to keep their team down (keep them alive enough to sell tix). With all of the other scandals I wouldn't be too surprised. Cincinnati isn't a big market for sports teams. It'd be easier to get away with than the NFL just out to doom the Bengals and the Bengals not be in on it. Which is why Mike hired a 'yes man' and has kept him around so long.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:17 AM)McC Wrote: Logic does not dictate any such thing.

What logic would that be? The logic that says everyone involved in the NFL are all above reproach? 
Oh, that's right..There's never been a criminal in pro football..except for the ones that are..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:19 AM)Takedown Wrote: One of these days Giggles and or Mike are going to come out and admit that they've been paid off every year to keep their team down (keep them alive enough to sell tix). With all of the other scandals I wouldn't be too surprised. Cincinnati isn't a big market for sports teams. It'd be easier to get away with than the NFL just out to doom the Bengals and the Bengals not be in on it. Which is why Mike hired a 'yes man' and has kept him around so long.

There doesn't even have to be a payoff.. It's not like they're all just waiting to catch a private plane on some abandoned runway to leave the country in the middle of the night.. Just a picture of a few guys with their dicks caught in some compromising rat trap would do it.. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: What logic would that be? The logic that says everyone involved in the NFL are all above reproach? 
Oh, that's right..There's never been a criminal in pro football..except for the ones that are..

Yeah...it's just funny to me that fans think the refs fix games...but the players aren't involved.

Then we see weird things happen that influence the scores. Remember that Bears guy that ran to the 1 yard line and stopped?

We saw 3 Bengals just let Bell run by him to the endzone.
Reply/Quote
You also forget to mention the foul on JuJu.

One was an illegal hit, personal foul. One was a taunting, personal foul.
One is in the course of a down, one is assessed as a deadball penalty.
Why is only one accepted? Should have been 30 yards and an ejection (2 personal fouls).

How do I know this is how it should happen?
Burfict hit Brown – personal foul for 15 yards (during the play)
Jones made contact with an official – personal foul for 15 yards (deadball)
30 yards, Steelers kick a field goal and walk away with a win.

Sound familiar?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Sorry, I forgot, Steeler way. Dam it
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
The closest thing to a fix was WJ3 literally getting out of Bell's way on that 3rd run.
Reply/Quote
My Lord this is what it has come to? We really think the players are in on fixing games? Give me a break.

The refs arent fixing games and the players arent in on it. The Bengals lost because they couldnt score in the second half and they gave up 17 points on defense. The ONLY questionable call I saw out there was the Gio hold, and im not even sure that wasnt a hold.

Steelers got a TD called back just like the Bengals did. Stop whining about the refs and start holding the Bengals accountable. 170 penalty yards is a damn joke.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:44 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So I did see a lot of bad calls out there. I'm not sure that the outcome of the games is determined by the league. I do think the Steelers get favorable calls.

Dre Kirkpatrick loves pass interference.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The fix isn't necessarily going to be something everyone can see. The people who want to fix games don't necessarily want a few hundred thousand witnesses..The stuff we do see are just distractions from what's really going on that we don't see.. Personal fouls, blatantly bad calls and the like can just be chalked up to incompetence . A track record of always losing at the last minutes like clockwork cannot.. I think it goes much deeper and things we'll never witness that has changed the very nature of the game from being a mere game to a multi billion dollar scam of epic proportions..The people at the top raking in billions (with a TRillions) could care less who gets their neck broken to entertain us. They're the same types who would start wars and sacrifice a generation of young men for fun and profit..  It takes a special kind of psychopath to do it.. We're just spectators to the big show.. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 11:45 AM)grampahol Wrote: The fix isn't necessarily going to be something everyone can see. The people who want to fix games don't necessarily want a few hundred thousand witnesses..The stuff we do see are just distractions from what's really going on that we don't see.. Personal fouls, blatantly bad calls and the like can just be chalked up to incompetence . A track record of always losing at the last minutes like clockwork cannot.. I think it goes much deeper and things we'll never witness that has changed the very nature of the game from being a mere game to a multi billion dollar scam of epic proportions..The people at the top raking in billions (with a TRillions) could care less who gets their neck broken to entertain us. They're the same types who would start wars and sacrifice a generation of young men for fun and profit..  It takes a special kind of psychopath to do it.. We're just spectators to the big show.. 

Yeah...so IF the league were fixed...the Bengals painted themselves into this corner anyways by being so bad for so long. The 90's pretty much made the fan base extremely small.
Reply/Quote