Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London again?
The Dolphins have been selected as one of the home teams for the London games. The Bengals are scheduled to play in Miami this season. They don't usually schedule division games internationally so that eliminates the Bills, Jets, and Patriots. I can't see Miami giving up the big draws of Rams, Seahawks, and Chiefs as actual home games. That leaves the Chargers and Bengals. Both teams played internationally last year but we played more recently in London. Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens here

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Could be worse. Jacksonville gets 2
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:49 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Could be worse.  Jacksonville gets 2

Jacksonville volunteered for 2.  Odds are the Steelers or Browns will be one of their opponents

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: The Dolphins have been selected as one of the home teams for the London games.  The Bengals are scheduled to play in Miami this season.  They don't usually schedule division games internationally so that eliminates the Bills, Jets, and Patriots.  I can't see Miami giving up the big draws of Rams, Seahawks, and Chiefs as actual home games.  That leaves the Chargers and Bengals.  Both teams played internationally last year but we played more recently in London.  Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens here

Considering the Ease of travel on the rest of our Schedule...  I wouldn't mind a game in London.    we probly have one of the least miles to be travelled for the season as it stands.

not sure London would want to see 2 teams picking in the top 5(playing)... but it could potentially be a matchup of 1st round QBs...… If tua is on the field by then
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:49 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Could be worse.  Jacksonville gets 2

Both HOME games.
Reply/Quote
Ridiculous. Enough already with the European Vacation...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't know how much of a say Miami has in who they get to play or not in London. My guess is the NFL would love to showcase Mahomes in London.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I want to go to South Beach, I was out of the country for the game last year.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: The Dolphins have been selected as one of the home teams for the London games.  The Bengals are scheduled to play in Miami this season.  They don't usually schedule division games internationally so that eliminates the Bills, Jets, and Patriots.  I can't see Miami giving up the big draws of Rams, Seahawks, and Chiefs as actual home games.  That leaves the Chargers and Bengals.  Both teams played internationally last year but we played more recently in London.  Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens here

Let's hope we are. It did wonders for our running game last year.
Reply/Quote
The new CBA allows for expanding the season to 17 games. I thought for sure when they did that they would have 16 international games to address the issue of some teams having more home games. But they included a limit of 10 international games per year.

They already play in London and Mexico City. I am sure they could come up with a bunch of other foreign cities that would sell out one NFL game every year.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The new CBA allows for expanding the season to 17 games.  I thought for sure when they did that they would have 16 international games to address the issue of some teams having more home games.  But they included a limit of 10 international games per year.

They already play in London and Mexico City.  I am sure they could come up with a bunch of other foreign cities that would sell out one NFL game every year.

Like Sydney, Montreal, or Berlin?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Eh, I don't care for this stuff man. Think this will all get out of hand. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 04:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like Sydney, Montreal, or Berlin?

Montreal has CFL so I don't know how excited they would be over an American Football team.  But definitely Berlin.

Apparently American Football is pretty popular in Japan also.
Reply/Quote
Before they put a team in Las Vegas I thought the league might go to 17 games with every team playing one game in Vegas. There would never be a "home" team, but I bet between two teams they could fill a stadium with fans that love the low airfare and other attractions of Las Vegas.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 04:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like Sydney, Montreal, or Berlin?

Brazil, northern Mexico, Toronto,  , Austria, Bejing , and Paris I would add to the list.
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Montreal has CFL so I don't know how excited they would be over an American Football team.  But definitely Berlin.

Apparently American Football is pretty popular in Japan also.

They use to have a preseason game in Japan way back when. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 07:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Brazil, northern Mexico, Toronto,  , Austria, Bejing , and Paris I would add to the list.

Austria WTF

Barcelona, Amsterdam and several German cities (Cologne/Frankfurt/Dusseldorf and the already mentioned Berlin) would be way ahead on the NFL's radar of Vienna in Europe. The second tier would be cities like Moscow, Athens, Rome/Milan. Vienna would be distinctly third tier.

The interesting ones to look out for are in the Middle East. It's not a big TV market or spectator market but Qatar are throwing money at sport and have acquired the Soccer World Cup. It will be telling of the NFL's intentions - whether to grow the market or just grab the cash - whether that becomes an option.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 08:52 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Austria WTF

Barcelona, Amsterdam and several German cities (Cologne/Frankfurt/Dusseldorf and the already mentioned Berlin) would be way ahead on the NFL's radar of Vienna in Europe. The second tier would be cities like Moscow, Athens, Rome/Milan. Vienna would be distinctly third tier.

The interesting ones to look out for are in the Middle East. It's not a big TV market or spectator market but Qatar are throwing money at sport and have acquired the Soccer World Cup. It will be telling of the NFL's intentions - whether to grow the market or just grab the cash - whether that becomes an option.

Why not? Do you not like kangaroos and koalas?

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 09:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why not? Do you not like kangaroos and koalas?

Ninja

Australia probably makes even less sense than Austria, which at least borders several populous countries that they can market into.

It's a tiny TV market (smaller than NY's) spread over several timezones and states. The only thing going for it is language and that it might please Rupert Murdoch (although even that's hardly relevant now he's sold Fox to Disney). Against that you've got a minimum of 14 hour flight times, games would need to be start in the morning in Australia for US TV scheduling, as it's southern hemisphere it would be during the Australian summer.

I suppose they may use it as a threat to make players/franchises think that European jaunts aren't so bad after all.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 09:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Why not? Do you not like kangaroos and koalas?

Ninja

(03-04-2020, 10:10 AM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Australia probably makes even less sense than Austria, which at least borders several populous countries that they can market into.

It's a tiny TV market (smaller than NY's) spread over several timezones and states. The only thing going for it is language and that it might please Rupert Murdoch (although even that's hardly relevant now he's sold Fox to Disney). Against that you've got a minimum of 14 hour flight times, games would need to be start in the morning in Australia for US TV scheduling, as it's southern hemisphere it would be during the Australian summer.

I suppose they may use it as a threat to make players/franchises think that European jaunts aren't so bad after all.

I think it was a joke:

[Image: austria-ha-well-then-gadday-mate-lets-pu...527670.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote