Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look at the colts
They have a bottom 5 QB yet they built a good Oline arguably best in NFL. Beat the Chiefs in KC last night.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: They have a bottom 5 QB yet they built a good Oline arguably best in NFL. Beat the Chiefs in KC last night.

Jacoby isn’t a bottom five QB. He’s good. Not top 10 or anything like that, but he is a legit middle tier starter. But yes, he also has a really good supporting cast.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: They have a bottom 5 QB yet they built a good Oline arguably best in NFL. Beat the Chiefs in KC last night.

Castonzo is set to hit FA after this season. If he does, I want him in stripes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure what you are getting at, but you hit the nail on the head - they build a good O-line.

Once this team has a solid O-line, they will be light years better.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:32 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Jacoby isn’t a bottom five QB. He’s good. Not top 10 or anything like that, but he is a legit middle tier starter. But yes, he also has a really good supporting cast.

Brissett is garbage they have 1 good receiver in Hilton a couple mediocre running backs
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Brissett is garbage they have 1 good receiver in Hilton a couple mediocre running backs

He's certainly not playing like garbage. He's top 10 in touchdowns and middle of the pack in pretty much anything else. 

He is a middle tier starter playing with a good offensive line and decent weapons. That's what you get.
Reply/Quote

I don't know if he's bottom 5, but either way, I'd credit the Colts' defense more than Brisset for the upset. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
This Bengals team O-Line is so bad, you are talking about replacing maybe 3 players. The Bengals will likely pick high this upcoming draft. Hopefully in the top 3. They have to get their franchise QB and maybe another OT and Guard. Some will believe in building the trenches first, and some will believe Dalton is an average QB that cannot carry the team.

Which do you build first? It is debatable. I think if the Bengals get the top 3 draft pick next you they either get Thomas to bookend with Williams and draft another "Dalton" round 2 or they get their franchise QB and draft Austin Jackson later in round 1...

This will be a heated argument for some.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:39 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This Bengals team O-Line is so bad, you are talking about replacing maybe 3 players.  The Bengals will likely pick high this upcoming draft.  Hopefully in the top 3.  They have to get their franchise QB and maybe another OT and Guard.  Some will believe in building the trenches first, and some will believe Dalton is an average QB that cannot carry the team.  

Which do you build first?  It is debatable.  I think if the Bengals get the top 3 draft pick next you they either get Thomas to bookend with Williams and draft another "Dalton" round 2 or they get their franchise QB and draft Austin Jackson later in round 1...

This will be a heated argument for some.

The thing is, you don't need to do either first. Do them at the same time. USE FRICKIN' FREE AGENCY!!! :angry:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
They also drafted a stud linebacker last year who led the league in tackles and was DROY. Cool
Reply/Quote
Last nights game between the Colts and Chiefs is Just another classic example of how significant a good offensive line Can be to any team. They put on a clinic. This is what won them the game primarily. Yes the defense done a great job, and there were other factors involved. But the offense of line played the biggest role. I must say it was impressive as to what the Colts accomplished. Fun game to watch.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They also drafted a stud linebacker last year who led the league in tackles and was DROY.  Cool

Are you talking about that guy in Round 2 Leonard?  I really wanted that guy...this makes me sick
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Brissett has 10 TD's and 3 Int's. I'd take those stats any day.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brissett has 10 TD's and 3 Int's. I'd take those stats any day.

Did you watch the game last night? they scored 13 points against a mediocre chiefs D. controlled top yet only had 13 points. Collinsworth and Michaels say he doesn't throw the ball down the field very much
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Castonzo is set to hit FA after this season. If he does, I want him in stripes.

"If you wish upon a star..."
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Did you watch the game last night? they scored 13 points against a mediocre chiefs D. controlled top yet only had 13 points. Collinsworth and Michaels say he doesn't throw the ball down the field very much

I didn't.

Looking at their stats, they ran for 180 yards though.

Still...their QB is efficient. Nothing wrong with that. Built with a good line to run the ball and play physical defense.

Dalton would be adequate in an offense like that.

Honestly though...we're so far away from that. By the time we have a good line, Mixon will be making $18 million a year or playing somewhere else and Green will be gone.

The more I think about it, we have to rebuild. I just can't see this management team doing it correctly.
Reply/Quote
That's the only way to beat the Chiefs control the ball and keep Mahomes off the field.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing is, you don't need to do either first. Do them at the same time. USE FRICKIN' FREE AGENCY!!! :angry:

See Free agency  Players also get to CHOOSE where they go... and they generally don't choose here unless we overpay.. which then hurts the rest of the roster as far as $$$ available. for other players.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I didn't.

Looking at their stats, they ran for 180 yards though.

Still...their QB is efficient. Nothing wrong with that. Built with a good line to run the ball and play physical defense.

Dalton would be adequate in an offense like that.

Honestly though...we're so far away from that. By the time we have a good line, Mixon will be making $18 million a year or playing somewhere else and Green will be gone.

The more I think about it, we have to rebuild. I just can't see this management team doing it correctly.

if we are going for Overhaull then its time to start selling assests
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They also drafted a stud linebacker last year who led the league in tackles and was DROY.  Cool

yep...in some ways encouraging for us that one great draft can re-energise a franchise.

Then i cast an eye over our recent drafts and lose hope again!
Reply/Quote