Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong about...
Dalton has played pretty lousy, but he's been under pretty constant pressure and hasn't been able to establish any consistency because of it even when he has time. 
That part is fixable, but the offensive line isn't. Ogbuihi and Fisher along with Bodine could make any QB gun shy. 
The play calling has never been so predictable. Even under Brat I can't remember a time when I knew what play was going to be next every play and he was about as predictable as it got..
The coaching staff is scapegoating players and half the fans are buying into it..
You will never hear a ML presser with him saying 'I'm a lousy head coach and all my assistant coaches are even worse.' 
That's not gonna happen so instead we get to hear 'We just have to play better' week in, week out with no indication that they're ever going to take the blame for mismanagement . Hell, their jobs are perfectly safe as long as they kowtow to Mr Brown.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: I was wrong in thinking we wouldn't make a change at OC this early...

We made a change? As far as I can tell that only happened when Hue left for Cleveland.. 
Maybe I should force myself to pull up bengals dot.. 

AHHA! Not reported by Butchy Hobspin, but Cincinnati. Dot did report it..
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/15/cincinnati-bengals-head-coach-marvin-lewis-offensive-changes-private-to-team/670204001/

I wonder who the next lucky recipient of the most hated man in Cincinnati award will be..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: We made a change? As far as I can tell that only happened when Hue left for Cleveland.. 
Maybe I should force myself to pull up bengals dot.. 

We fired Zamp about 30 minutes ago.
Reply/Quote
And Lazor is our new OC
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: We fired Zamp about 30 minutes ago.

[Image: 2e35b5152f83eda7aff885dd370f9886b42e3605...c55f6b.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:32 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The only game I'm confident in is the the Indy game. Cleveland is going to take us out back behind the woodshed.  Chicago is about like the game last night.....50/50.

I'm not confident if Luck is back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 03:32 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: The only game I'm confident in is the the Indy game. Cleveland is going to take us out back behind the woodshed.  Chicago is about like the game last night.....50/50.

Cleveland?

Not in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 02:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's the thing, I don't think anyone's defending his CURRENT play. Some of us, though, wonder why his current play somehow transforms all his previous GOOD play.

Bingo. But he probably knows that.  Whatever

When I see a good player suddenly fall off, I tend to wonder why, rather than just pretend said player has been crap all along. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote