Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking Ahead
I know I know don't look ahead but scheduling is thing in the NFL.

These next 4 games will be very important for the Bengals because of the tough end of the schedule. Bengals are 3-3 and the next 4 games are Falcons at home, Browns in Cleveland Prime time, Panthers at home, and Squeelers in Pittsburgh SNF Primetime. These are very important games for the Bengals schedule because they are the winnable portion to set them up at 7-3 before doing the nightmare part of the schedule stretch. Titans in Tennessee, Chiefs at home, Browns (with Watson) at home, Bucs in Tampa Bay, Patriots at Gillette, Bills at home primtime, and Ravens at home.

The Bengals need these next 4 (3 at least) wins to set them up for a playoff record needing only around 3 (or 4) more wins during that hard part of the schedule to at least sneak in as a Wildcard. These are winnable games and playoff teams win games they should.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I know don't look ahead but scheduling is thing in the NFL.

These next 4 games will be very important for the Bengals because of the tough end of the schedule.  Bengals are 3-3 and the next 4 games are Falcons at home, Browns in Cleveland Prime time, Panthers at home, and Squeelers in Pittsburgh SNF Primetime. These are very important games for the Bengals schedule because they are the winnable portion to set them up at 7-3 before doing the nightmare part of the schedule stretch. Titans in Tennessee, Chiefs at home, Browns (with Watson) at home, Bucs in Tampa Bay, Patriots at Gillette, Bills at home primtime, and Ravens at home.

The Bengals need these next 4 (3 at least) wins to set them up for a playoff record needing only around 3 more wins during that hard part of the schedule to at least sneak in as a Wildcard. These are winnable games and playoff teams win games they should.

Agreed. Bengals need to approach these next four games as if crucial to win all four, given the back-end of the schedule.
Reply/Quote
ONE-AT-A-TIME
Reply/Quote
Yep, our rocky start has eaten up a lot of the margin for error. We win these next four and I’ll feel good about our chances. Win 3 and I’ll start to sweat it but still feel like we’ll get back to the postseason. Win 2 or less and we are in trouble.
Reply/Quote
Every game is winnable. That's the way that I look at it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I know I know don't look ahead but scheduling is thing in the NFL.

These next 4 games will be very important for the Bengals because of the tough end of the schedule.  Bengals are 3-3 and the next 4 games are Falcons at home, Browns in Cleveland Prime time, Panthers at home, and Squeelers in Pittsburgh SNF Primetime. These are very important games for the Bengals schedule because they are the winnable portion to set them up at 7-3 before doing the nightmare part of the schedule stretch. Titans in Tennessee, Chiefs at home, Browns (with Watson) at home, Bucs in Tampa Bay, Patriots at Gillette, Bills at home primtime, and Ravens at home.

The Bengals need these next 4 (3 at least) wins to set them up for a playoff record needing only around 3 (or 4) more wins during that hard part of the schedule to at least sneak in as a Wildcard. These are winnable games and playoff teams win games they should.

Eh, we're going into the playoffs as Division Champs. And as far as the "Don't look ahead crowd" you refer to, that is absolutely stupid. Players and coaches have to look at one game at a time. Fans can look as far ahead as they want to and it makes not one bit of difference. Look ahead if you wish.
Reply/Quote

The way this season is shaping up, it's looking like 10-11 wins will take the division, again this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, our rocky start has eaten up a lot of the margin for error. We win these next four and I’ll feel good about our chances. Win 3 and I’ll start to sweat it but still feel like we’ll get back to the postseason. Win 2 or less and we are in trouble.

Yep ThumbsUp

Like you say win these next four (which are winnable games IMO) and we'll have a decent shot at a playoff run. And I feel we have to have 3 wins or it's gonna get very dicey.
Reply/Quote
I hate we have so many road primetime games. Especially since they are all in division. It would be a huge deal if they could beat the Browns and Steelers.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
No doubt about it... this stretch of 4 games is our season.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:13 PM)Garrus Wrote: I hate we have so many road primetime games. Especially since they are all in division. It would be a huge deal if they could beat the Browns and Steelers.

I was just telling a friend this the other day...the road primetime games are easily my least favorite games. I'd rather play at 1 pm on Sunday. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was just telling a friend this the other day...the road primetime games are easily my least favorite games. I'd rather play at 1 pm on Sunday. 

I like the Prime time games myself. I don't have to do a 2 TV setup for the Steelers and Bengals games if they aren't played at the same time.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Honestly that back stretch does not look nearly as bad as it did to start the season. The Titans are not the team some thought they'd be, Chiefs are good, Browns with Watson probably still will be working issues out at that point as he was awful in preseason, Bucs have looked flat bad at times, Patriots have been pretty average, Bills are good, and then Ravens we were right there.

At this point there are only two games the rest of the way I would call us clear underdogs (KC and BUF) the rest are very winnable games if we play semi well. Bottom line we have a lot to play for still and need to keep a solid pace going.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 04:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly that back stretch does not look nearly as bad as it did to start the season. The Titans are not the team some thought they'd be, Chiefs are good, Browns with Watson probably still will be working issues out at that point as he was awful in preseason, Bucs have looked flat bad at times, Patriots have been pretty average, Bills are good, and then Ravens we were right there.

At this point there are only two games the rest of the way I would call us clear underdogs (KC and BUF) the rest are very winnable games if we play semi well. Bottom line we have a lot to play for still and need to keep a solid pace going.

Dude, the Bucs are done. Brady lied to his witch wife, and she took the alter down. (Don't believe me, look it up) He'll be lucky to survive the season now.
Reply/Quote
Seeing the slow but sure improvement in the Bengals Offense gives me more hope that they can win these next 4 games.I think the OL will continue to improve as the season goes on.
Reply/Quote

These next 4 games will be very important for the Bengals because of the tough end of the schedule. Bengals are 3-3 and the next 4 games are Falcons at home, Browns in Cleveland Prime time, Panthers at home, and Squeelers in Pittsburgh SNF Primetime. These are very important games for the Bengals schedule because they are the winnable portion to set them up at 7-3 before doing the nightmare part of the schedule stretch. Titans in Tennessee, Chiefs at home, Browns (with Watson) at home, Bucs in Tampa Bay, Patriots at Gillette, Bills at home primtime, and Ravens at home.

I was doing the same thing Sunday after their win. Ideally would be to win the next four so can just go around .500 in the final 7 and that should be good for playoffs. Its crucial they take advantage of this portion of the schedule since things get very tough on the back end.
Reply/Quote
The Rats and Stealers are both VERY beatable. If we can sweep the Stains then we probably get the Division tiebreaker. Also we know how to beat the Chiefs. The Bills, Bucs and Pats will be games that are total unknowns.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 02:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yep, our rocky start has eaten up a lot of the margin for error. We win these next four and I’ll feel good about our chances. Win 3 and I’ll start to sweat it but still feel like we’ll get back to the postseason. Win 2 or less and we are in trouble.

This
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 05:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dude, the Bucs are done. Brady lied to his witch wife, and she took the alter down. (Don't believe me, look it up) He'll be lucky to survive the season now.

Raven hair and ruby lips
Sparks fly from her fingertips
Echoed voices in the night 
She's a restless spirit on an endless flight

Well the had a good run anyway. Whether it's true or not, dude should have retired already. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Would like to sweep these games as well but if any games are lost in this stretch, it needs not to be any division games. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote