Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking for a tackle after round 2
Alas this draft class is a bit strange. It is fairly deep at OL but shallow at WR (the opposite of what we have seen in recent years). Once you get past Devonta Smith and Jamarr Chase the rest are not on the same level and not plug and play. Meanwhile OL has multiple plug and play players including Sewell, Slater, Tucker, Leatherwood, Smith, Banks and so on.

This will affect teams draft thinking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 02:37 PM)Synric Wrote: If the Bengals want Spencer Brown it they would have to take him at the top of the second round. I'm hearing the Steelers really like him.

Bastids like the same guys we like.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2021, 03:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Alas this draft class is a bit strange. It is fairly deep at OL but shallow at WR (the opposite of what we have seen in recent years). Once you get past Devonta Smith and Jamarr Chase the rest are not on the same level and not plug and play. Meanwhile OL has multiple plug and play players including Sewell, Slater, Tucker, Leatherwood, Smith, Banks and so on.

This will affect teams draft thinking.

I dunno Joe, I see a lot of talent throughout the draft at WR.

Rashod Bateman, Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Toney, Terrace Marshall Jr., Dyami Brown, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Sage Surratt, Nico Collins, etc.

I get those guys aren't the big names like Waddle, and Smith and Chase, but they all would be a really nice 3rd option behind Boyd and Higgins. We have two really good WR's and a good redzone WR (if he stays healthy) in Tate. So you just need a piece to add to the offense and replace the targets of A.J. 

I think it is really a comparable drop off in OL and in WR. There is the top 3 in WR and then the top 2.5 (Sewell, Slater, maybe Darrisaw depending on the site) and then after those 3, it's talented guys with flaws. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we dont take Sewell get Tevin Jenkins in the 2nd
Reply/Quote
For a round 3 or 4 type of guy at OT, Stone Forsythe out of Florida is kind of intriguing. He measures in at 6'9" 329 lbs. Some scouts say that he might plateau around Nate Solder or Andrus Peat levels of play. Warts include balance problems, leverage problems, and a funky college technique that will require a ground-up re-education of blocking technique(kind of like Darrisaw). For a developmental swing tackle kind of guy he might be worth a roll of the dice. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 08:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: For a round 3 or 4 type of guy at OT, Stone Forsythe out of Florida is kind of intriguing. He measures in at 6'9" 329 lbs. Some scouts say that he might plateau around Nate Solder or Andrus Peat levels of play. Warts include balance problems, leverage problems, and a funky college technique that will require a ground-up re-education of blocking technique(kind of like Darrisaw). For a developmental swing tackle kind of guy he might be worth a roll of the dice. 

That is a big dude.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2021, 08:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: For a round 3 or 4 type of guy at OT, Stone Forsythe out of Florida is kind of intriguing. He measures in at 6'9" 329 lbs. Some scouts say that he might plateau around Nate Solder or Andrus Peat levels of play. Warts include balance problems, leverage problems, and a funky college technique that will require a ground-up re-education of blocking technique(kind of like Darrisaw). For a developmental swing tackle kind of guy he might be worth a roll of the dice. 

He is getting some push by some. I don’t really seem him having the lateral mobility to fit with the wide zone. Turner would love him.
Reply/Quote