Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looks Like 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen Out for At Bills Play-Off Game
Williams off crutches but hasn't practiced. Neither has Cappa. They are kind of listed week to week, Bengals hoping they get them back at some point. Collins is on injured list, his season is done.

So forget all the money put into O Line Blocking Starters in this Buffalo Play-Off Game. Look for the Blockers on the field at end of Ravens game to be the Starters against Bills. Bengals better have some depth on bench in case some of them get injured in this game. I still think they need to bring somebody off practice squad by making a roster move.

The good news is Burrow releases the ball fast.

The running backs have to block also. Mixon stunk on his missed blocks against Ravens.

This is not a Sky Is Falling thread. I think AFC Champion Bengals can win this game. Heck, Dolphins almost beat Bills, but then again Ravens almost beat Bengals. I think Bengals can win. Just plan on back ups at Left Tackle and Right Tackle and a back up at Right Guard. Losing both starting Tackles is bad news, but it is what it is. Win Anyway. Try to stay out of 3rd and longs. Mix in the Run to slow down pass rush. Throw some on 1st down, especially if it looks run defense, when bull moose pass rush isn't on.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we can win this one it doesn't seem too unrealistic to think at least one of them comes back for the AFCC (probably Williams) but we have to get by the Buffalos first. I hope everyone is focusing in practice and preparing to play their best game.

That is what I'd tell Carman BTW (and Scharping and Adeniji): Compete with yourself. Improve on what you have done. It is unrealistic to expect them to suddenly become the best Oline in the game or something but it is fair and realistic to ask them to challenge themselves to be better mentally and physically over the course of the game. They can't get rattled or miss anything easy. If they make a mistake they have to come back next play and fight. Have the endurance to though ~60 offensive snaps while still understanding what is happening around you and executing your responsibilities as sharply as possible.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:10 PM)kevin Wrote: Williams off crutches but hasn't practiced. Neither has Cappa.  They are kind of listed week to week, Bengals hoping they get them back at some point.  Collins is on injured list, his season is done.  

So forget all the money put into O Line Blocking Starters in this Buffalo Play-Off Game.   Look for the Blockers on the field at end of Ravens game to be the Starters against Bills.  Bengals better have some depth on bench in case some of them get injured in this game.  I still think they need to bring somebody off practice squad by making a roster move.  

The good news is Burrow releases the ball fast.  

The running backs have to block also. Mixon stunk on his missed blocks against Ravens.  

This is not a Sky Is Falling thread.  I think AFC Champion Bengals can win this game. Heck, Dolphins almost beat Bills, but then again Ravens almost beat Bengals.  I think Bengals can win.  Just plan on back ups at Left Tackle and Right Tackle and a back up at Right Guard.  Losing both starting Tackles is bad news, but it is what it is.  Win Anyway.  Try to stay out of 3rd and longs.  Mix in the Run to slow down pass rush.

GO BENGALS

Tiger

So...this was necessary?

Asking for a friend.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I actually think Perine has to be the feature back in this game as Mixon's pass blocking just isn't there.
Reply/Quote
I still like this O-line better than last year. Also, since Von’s injury they’ve struggled to get pressure with just four. They will get it against our O-line, but I’m not expecting anything like Tennessee last year. And like someone else said, maybe next week we get one back and hopefully by the Super Bowl we get them both back…if we get there.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 12:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I actually think Perine has to be the feature back in this game as Mixon's pass blocking just isn't there.

Yep. He got blown up early picking up a LB.
Reply/Quote
It'll be fine, it's not 5 out of 5. Sam
Reply/Quote
We won last week is 2 out all game and Williams out 2nd half against a better defense, no excuses..
Reply/Quote
Mr. Obvious strikes again.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We won last week is 2 out all game and Williams out 2nd half against a better defense, no excuses..

In your friendly confines. You are discounting all the communication that the line does pre snap. And bills mafia going insane. I full expect, false starts, delay of games and wasted timeouts due to noise and confusion pre snap
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:12 PM)Billsfan412 Wrote: In your friendly confines. You are discounting all the communication that the line does pre snap. And bills mafia going insane. I full expect, false starts, delay of games and wasted timeouts due to noise and confusion pre snap

I've been to Buffalo and KC and KC is louder and overall Bengals have done a good job in those environment, ans as stated ravens have a better front than bills and we overcame last week. Still going to a tough game and environment but this team has shown resilience before
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:12 PM)Billsfan412 Wrote: In your friendly confines. You are discounting all the communication that the line does pre snap. And bills mafia going insane. I full expect, false starts, delay of games and wasted timeouts due to noise and confusion pre snap

Through your blue colored glasses you’re forgetting the Bengals won at Tennessee and at the loudest stadium in the league in Kansas City last year. The Bills degenerates won’t phase them a bit.
Reply/Quote

Where was Bills mafia when Tom Brady and the Patriots were wiping the floor of Rich Stadium with the Bills practically every time they played?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Where was Bills mafia when Tom Brady and the Patriots were wiping the floor of Rich Stadium with the Bills practically every time they played?

We were there screaming our heads off….. while getting beatdown time after time after time. Burrow reminds me of Brady in his play. Special. Confusion is our best chance to slow your O. Frazier has his work cut out for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:33 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Through your blue colored glasses you’re forgetting the Bengals won at Tennessee and at the loudest stadium in the league in Kansas City last year. The Bills degenerates won’t phase them a bit.

Highmark is louder than arrowhead. Hands down
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Where was Bills mafia when Tom Brady and the Patriots were wiping the floor of Rich Stadium with the Bills practically every time they played?

Where was who dey or who DAT or wtf you are when the Steelers and ravens were running your division. Btw. Way to steal the saints chant lol. Can't be original I guess
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:07 PM)Billsfan412 Wrote: Where was who dey or who DAT or wtf you are when the Steelers and ravens were running your division. Btw. Way to steal the saints chant lol. Can't be original I guess

Im quoting this just to tell other people not to respond to the obvious bait. This is an example of low level trolling. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 02:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Im quoting this just to tell other people not to respond to the obvious bait. This is an example of low level trolling. 

I just wanted to point out how amusing it is that a franchise pulls itself together and suddenly fans start being convinced they are the reason the team wins at home.  I'd give most Bills fans props for staying passionate throughout the lean years, but we've already seen with Brady @ the Bills or Ben @ the Browns or Burrow @ Chiefs how effective screaming at an elite QB really is.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure everyone here has been assuming that Cappa and Williams weren't playing this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:50 PM)Mafioso Wrote: We were there screaming our heads off….. while getting beatdown time after time after time.  Burrow reminds me of Brady in his play.  Special.  Confusion is our best chance to slow your O.  Frazier has his work cut out for him.

The trick will be if Frazier can attack the Bengals offensive line communication without bringing Edmunds and Milano. The Bills defensive line personnel isn't quite as diverse as the Ravens especially without Von Miller.

Another key for the Bills defense will be tackling in space. The Bengals were already running a ton of 1 and 3 step drops getting the ball to the players.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote