Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Looks Like 3 of 5 Starting O Linemen Out for At Bills Play-Off Game
(01-21-2023, 12:05 PM)Mafioso Wrote: I haven’t reread my post. So sorry if I miscommunicated my thoughts

I meant to say edmunds and Milano will be rushing Burrow, but when they do, they’ll be dropping back a DE or DT in their place most of the time.  We rarely rush more than 4.  I expect us to rush more than four 2-4 times.

The 3 man rush has actually been tough on Burrow this year.  I don’t have the stats on hand, but I remember reading that he was bottom 3 QBs vs a 3 man rush.  I hope to see more 3 man rushes than 5+

Okay, well that is better than blitzing I guess but an End or a DT dropping back into coverage can also be a big gamble.

We will see how it works against Burrow, you are right on the 3 man fronts against Burrow. That is about the only way he can struggle,
unless he is just off which can happen. Have to get some pressure with that 3 man front though and have great coverage in the backend.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:06 PM)Nepa Wrote: I have to give a shout out to you, Grampahol. 

I was going over the game day thread a few days ago (I wasn't on during the game), and I noticed that shortly before the Hubbard Yard Dash/Fumble in the Jungle, when things were looking bleak, you said something along the lines of "I wouldn't be upset with a scoop and score about now."  It was just a page or two on the game day thread before it happened, as the Ravens were driving.

Wow. Such timing and for a play will live in Bengals history forever. Etched yourself in online history with that call as well.

I'm psychic even though it's generally spelled psychotic..  Tongue Let me know when you're planning to buy lotto tickets..I'm no good with money, but I can predict being broke with pretty good accuracy..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's not ideal but we're used to playing with a limited playbook. Massive advantage. As long as these three can stay composed and give Burrow a chance to work (kinda how it was against KC this time last year) we'll be cruising. And by "these three" I really just mean Carman. Adeniji has obviously been here before, as has Scharping- who was a solid starter for Houston in the playoffs three years ago.

We need Carman to hold his own, though. I'm pulling for the kid. Great opportunity for him and I think he'll step up.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 12:18 PM)tms Wrote: It's not ideal but we're used to playing with a limited playbook. Massive advantage. As long as these three can stay composed and give Burrow a chance to work (kinda how it was against KC this time last year) we'll be cruising. And by "these three" I really just mean Carman. Adeniji has obviously been here before, as has Scharping- who was a solid starter for Houston in the playoffs three years ago.

We need Carman to hold his own, though. I'm pulling for the kid. Great opportunity for him and I think he'll step up.

It's his birthday today.... maybe he'll give us a present
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 03:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's his birthday today.... maybe he'll give us a present

Good call. He certainly did. He was fun to watch today. Head on a swivel, locked in, played through the whistle, never surprised... practice makes perfect. Almost looked like a grizzled vet imo.   
Reply/Quote