Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like Trump’s Campaign Has Already Violated Election Law
(07-07-2016, 09:54 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Swing and a miss.

If you say so, but I guess I don't see the logic.  If you write in a candidate your taking away from another, bit if you vote for one candidate you're not taking away from another?

Writing in a candidate or voting for an unelectable candidate is a waste, in a 2-party system. Sure you get the leave the voting booth feeling good, until the votes are counted later that night.

I hear a lot about the Libertarian candidate for President, like that's really an option. As far as I know a libertarian has never even been elected to congress. But it's your vote, do with it what you wish. But don't claim folks should not vote for Trump just because they don't want Clinton.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2016, 10:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you say so, but I guess I don't see the logic.  If you write in a candidate your taking away from another, bit if you vote for one candidate you're not taking away from another?

Writing in a candidate or voting for an unelectable candidate is a waste, in a 2-party system. Sure you get the leave the voting booth feeling good, until the votes are counted later that night.

I hear a lot about the Libertarian candidate for President, like that's really an option. As far as I know a libertarian has never even been elected to congress. But it's your vote, do with it what you wish. But don't claim folks should not vote for Trump just because they don't want Clinton.  

I actually advocate voting for who you thing would do the best job. I wasn't advocating voting a write in just to not vote for someone, but rather to vote for who you think is the best person for the job. Your vote shouldn't be against someone you don't like, but for the person you do. If you think Trump is the best person for the job out of the field of candidates then vote for him, but if you are just voting for him because it isn't Clinton then you should rethink your vote. We only have a two-party system because people will vote against people they don't like instead of the person they like the most, further perpetuating the issue. We are the people, we have the power to break this cycle. I am just actually tired of the same bull shit and want change and am willing to work for it to happen.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-07-2016, 10:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I actually advocate voting for who you thing would do the best job. I wasn't advocating voting a write in just to not vote for someone, but rather to vote for who you think is the best person for the  job. Your vote shouldn't be against someone you don't like, but for the person you do. If you think Trump is the best person for the job out of the field of candidates then vote for him, but if you are just voting for him because it isn't Clinton then you should rethink your vote. We only have a two-party system because people will vote against people they don't like instead of the person they like the most, further perpetuating the issue. We are the people, we have the power to break this cycle. I am just actually tired of the same bull shit and want change and am willing to work for it to happen.

Hell, "we the people" don't even get to nominate the Libertarian Candidate,  I think they have a couple primaries, but they mean nothing. I think they had one after they nomination.

You do with your vote what you will. I think Bobby Jindal would be the best person for the job, but I'm not voting for him. Because Americans voted and he didn't make the cut. Folks that are not happy with a 2 party system have never experienced a one party system. The 2 party system is just fine. How many parties do you think their should be as you work for your change?

You are not the only one "tired of the same bullshit" that's why Bush washed out quick and a non-politician that the party hates took the trophy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-07-2016, 08:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It is counted. They get lumped together and take away votes from the others on the ballot. So if there is one person on the ballot and 15% vote a write in, then the person on the ballot only gets 85% of the vote.

You're sure? I always thought it was a complete non-vote. As if I didn't vote for that office.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-07-2016, 10:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You're sure? I always thought it was a complete non-vote. As if I didn't vote for that office.

I am certain, but tbh it may depend on the election and/or state. That can determine the rules. I have never looked into it for POTUS which typically has tighter rules on those sorts of things. The reason I know this is because I have seen it happen here on state level elections and for US Rep.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR