Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Vigil, Gilberry and Dennard will get more playing time
(11-08-2016, 07:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How many times do they have to put Vinney in the middle and have him stink the place up for you to realize he is not a good middle linebacker???

A shame, too.  Vinny has the smarts, athleticism, and instincts to be an awesome MLB.  The problem, much like Dhani "charmin soft" Jones, is that he don't have the ass to clog the run...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 06:37 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: My sentiments exactly.  Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part but gotta believe that Hobson is just assuming here.  I'll wait to hear word from practice tomorrow before I take it as gospel that Dennard is starting over Shaw.

I could be way, way, way off base but I really believe that Dennard will be stealing snaps away from Pacman. 

I don't believe Dennard will be taking snaps from Pacman unless we are out of the playoff race or if Pacman has a significant drop off like Newman did in 2014.

It's frustrating that the coaches are not using their players to the best of their abilities and working with their strengths. Dennard is not a slot guy. Never has been, not even in college. Shaw, on the other hand, has been throughout his career at USC. He even saw snaps as a safety.

Heck, look how they use Dansby. They use him in man coverage, and Dansby has ALWAYS been a zone coverage linebacker. They're not using him to his strengths and I believe that's a big part of his drop off.

There's also major communication errors in the secondary. We've seen a few times (especially the TD in London) where one corneberack plays zone and the other plays man, and there's a breakdown in the secondary.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
We're not getting rid of Jones (even if we should), Mike just broke the bank on him in the offseason. I'm not sold he'll eat those additional 2 years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If they should bench someone in place of Dennard, it should be Pacman. Kirkpatrick has actually done a good job this year outside of ticky-tacky penalties. But Pacman has done them as well and given up big plays this year.

I think we're seeing the end of Pacman, sadly.

Yep, Dennard needs to be replacing Adam Jones

(11-08-2016, 07:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I can certainly understand wanting to get your much lauded, yet injury daunted, 1st round CB on the field and really see what he can do;  I cannot understand the attempt of cramming a square peg into a round hole, as Dennard was outstanding as a boundary CB in College.  He specializes in the hand fighting, using the sideline, and other positional savvy nuances to craft his trade.  Meanwhile, Shaw has better raw athleticism, mirroring skills and top end speed to handle the rigors of Slot CB.

Puzzling...

But that's likely why I watch games, and those guys get paid to coach pro athletes.

Yep, makes no sense to replace a guy who's doing a decent job in the slot while leaving in your outside CB who's burnt toast. Dennard needs to replace Adam Jones 
Reply/Quote
The article stated one individual from the defensive line would be benched in place of Gilberry. Outside of that, there is nothing to state someone else is leaving the field. For example, Dennard will get more snaps in the slot, but this does not mean Shaw is coming off of the field. Shaw may be sliding outside in place of either Jones or Dre, or he may be getting snaps at safety. Remember, he saw a ton of time there in the off season and really only was put in the slot role after Dennard got injured in the preseason. And our safeties have struggled, so they may very well give Shaw more time there.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 07:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How many times do they have to put Vinney in the middle and have him stink the place up for you to realize he is not a good middle linebacker???

He's the best lb on the team right now and the only one that can actually cover someone back there. Vontaz is fat, Rey M cant cover and Dansby is old. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well at least he recognizes two guys have been sucking. Only if he recognized some other players.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Defensive-changes-stir/ffe8256a-25f5-47a3-bd48-8b4ddfd95254

Dennard over Shaw surprises me most.

Vigil seems to have skills Ray M lacks.

Gilberry mixed in with Michael Johnson and Clarke.

Thoughts?

Dennard is a 1st round pick and he played great on the outside in college.

Shaw has played much better this year i agree and so has Kirkpatrick. Wonder if they are thinking about
using Adam Jones as just a Returner, might not be a bad idea with how he has played.

I like using Vigil more, Maualuga has been bad at even stopping the run this year. No hair, no power.

Clarke definately needs more snaps. Don't have much to say about Gilberry, does not inspire.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 09:05 PM)J24 Wrote: He's the best lb on the team right now and the only one that can actually cover someone back there. Vontaz is fat, Rey M cant cover and Dansby is old. 

Nice analysis...you should try watching the games sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 10:22 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Nice analysis...you should try watching the games sometimes.

Vinny Rey has been our best Linebacker this year so far and by far...
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 10:22 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Nice analysis...you should try watching the games sometimes.

Lol I have watched all of the games and yes he has been by far our best lb. Mind you that's not saying much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Didn't read the whole article, did it mention the reason as to why Geno has been a ghost the last several weeks?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 11:44 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Didn't read the whole article, did it mention the reason as to why Geno has been a ghost the last several weeks?

Halloween was coming and he wanted more candy than Tez.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 11:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Halloween was coming and he wanted more candy than Tez.

Man, you do not want to get between Tez and his snacks.  Especially lately.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 06:06 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So, with Dennard, are you saying there is politics or another reason why him over Shaw?  Gotta believe since we are only privy to a small part of what the coaches are privy to, that if the practices and tapes don't show them what they are stating, it has to be politics playing the role in Dennard over Shaw.

I know some of the coaches in here will bash the coaches saying they are unqualified and such, but again, these are some of the same guys that whenever a player has a bad game they are screaming to trade them.

Because Mikey says, "I am paying for a first round CB so he plays, get it?"
Reply/Quote
I'm not gonna lie I started reading the article and it was giving me a headache.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Defensive-changes-stir/ffe8256a-25f5-47a3-bd48-8b4ddfd95254

Dennard over Shaw surprises me most.

Vigil seems to have skills Ray M lacks.

Gilberry mixed in with Michael Johnson and Clarke.

Thoughts?

Dennard really surprises me as well.  He was supposed to be the outside to replace Jones eventually.  Does this mean they are 100% signing Dre K?  Dre on one side with WJIII on the other, Dennard the slot?  I really thought Shaw was doing well in the slot.

I remember hearing some time ago that Shaw could play safety....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 05:02 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Dennard over Shaw is stupid. Shaw is a better slot CB and Dennard in better in the perimeter. Also, Shaw has actualy done well. Sure, some mistakes here and there, but overall has been good.

Was never big on Vigil, but it may be time to move on from Maualuga. He has been struggling big time this year. So I'm cool with it.

Meh. Gilberry has done virtually nothing the past 2 years and I don't see this doing anything other than adding another body to our struggling pass rush.

With you on Shaw and Dingleberry, but Vigil deserves a shot.  They don't like Dawson's lack of discipline...they have had enough of that at LB.  Vigil could be a shot of energy.  What makes you say you were never big on Vigil?  The guy was a tackling machine in college.  He may not have looked like a HOF in the preseason, but I doubt even someone like a Ray Lewis did when he started as well.  Having him sit and never get game experience isn't a winning formula, either.  Ask Flowers, Dawson, and DiManche.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 09:05 PM)J24 Wrote: He's the best lb on the team right now and the only one that can actually cover someone back there. Vontaz is fat, Rey M cant cover and Dansby is old. 

This is the truth...Vinny isn't just the best LB on the team because the rest suck (although that is part of it) but because he is playing very well this season.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2016, 04:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think I hate Hobson's writing style. So hard to comprehend.

He just likes to as some would say use to many words or perhaps try to spit out as many facts or matters of opinion as one possibly could to get to one point that many other people could have gotten to in far less characters on a keyboard. 

That's my best Hobson impersonation. 
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote